[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I only play one of these, which should I play? The only Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: pkmn.jpg (69KB, 507x231px)
pkmn.jpg
69KB, 507x231px
If I only play one of these, which should I play?

The only Pokémon games I've played are Blue and White. I liked them both, but White had too much dialogue to spam A through for my taste.
>>
>>27762660
>too much dialogue to spam A through
You know you're supposed to read those little letters going by right?
>>
>>27762660

Pokemon X ever
>>
If you played Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald play X. If you haven't then play Alpha Sapphire.
>>
>>27762687
I don't really like the dialogue or story at all, I just like collecting the Pokémon and battling them.
>>
I enjoyed X much, much more, though I had already played the original Sapphire so AS was a big disappointment for me. You could also just wait a couple months for Moon, which looks way better than either of these.
>>
>>27762660
Just play SoulSilver
>>
Play Alpha Sapphire. It's the most current game, so you'll be caught up. You can get more mons i AS's postgame too.
>>
>>27762726
Just stop.
>>
>>27762660
AS is better in pretty much every way.
>>
>>27762779
Oh you're one of those people who think people shouldn't be able to play a game how they want.
>>
>>27762660
Alpha sapphire imo
>>
>>27762847
No really. Just stop. Go online to battle, play Pokemon Go to catch Pokemon. Those are the only two things up enjoy.
>>
>>27762847
You'll judge that game without experiencing it if you don't care about plot. White had the best plot.
>>
File: spritzee.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
spritzee.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>27762660

Play X. It will be a nice transition into SM for you.
>>
i'd say you better wait for sun/moon
>>
>>27762660
>>27762726
If that's the case then I'd say so Alpha Sapphire, since it has all the current Mega Evolutions.
>>
>>27762726
How old are you?
>>
File: ADHD.jpg (22KB, 500x500px)
ADHD.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>27762660
>too much dialogue to spam A through for my taste
Bet you can't sit through the cutscenes too, yes?
>>
>>27763032
>>
>>27763027
Also AS has the DexNav, which is a great little tool if you like catching Pokemon out in the wild. Say what you will about AS, but they really added some huge improvements on the bottom screen
>>
>>27763046
Anon, 2 + 2 = 4.
>>
>>27763057
Not the same guy, but was that a joke or something I don't really get what you were referencing.
>>
>>27762726
You know you have to be 18+ to post here don't you?
>>
>>27763080
Yes. If you like think stories in Pokémon games are worth paying attention to, then you may want to excuse yourself for being underage.
>>
>ITT: lorefags and JRPG defenders thinking Pokemon's story is some kind of phenomal reading
>>
>>27763080
>being this upset over someone not playing the ""correct"" way

Chill the fuck out m8, you shouldn't be throwing around those "18+ to post" insults if you care this much about how someone plays a children's game.
>>
>>27763104
>He didn't pay attention to the best story in the
pokemon series
>He doesn't understand how good the flavor text in pokemon games are

wew lad
>>
I preferred AS over Y without a doubt. Maybe the nostalgia played a part in my enjoyment of Sapphire but I think the overall game play, graphics and the sheer amount of Pokemon available to catch made it more enjoyable.
>>
>>27762726
>All these kids calling this dude underaged

BW have very formulaic and exposition-heavy plots that most people have seen dozens of times before in other games and media. Many people don't like or care about story elements of Pokemon, especially in a game as mechanically good as BW.

I honestly found the dialogue spammy, the characterizations extremely uninspired, and the plot so dull that interactions with it were the least enjoyable parts of the game by a wide margin.
>>
>>27762932
White had MORE plot than other games but that doesn't mean that plot wasn't horribly boring and generic and the weakest part of an overall solid game.
>>
>>27763127
It's mostly younger users who don't have a lot of experience with the standard JRPG story format, and who therefore see how basic and overdone the plot heavy pokemon games are.
>>
>>27765533
*Don't see
>>
>>27765435
This
>>
>>27765435
Pretty much correct
I prefer pokemon games where I can ignore the plot. If there's too much, it winds up drawing attention to how bad it is
I just want to catch some monsters yo
>>
>>27762726
/vp BFO
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.