[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are many Grass-type Pokémon—Marowak’s natural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (34KB, 479x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 479x486px
>There are many Grass-type Pokémon—Marowak’s natural enemies—in the Alola region. This makes Alola a harsh environment for Cubone and Marowak. As a result, they live in close union with their partners. It’s said that their great care for their partners allowed them to gain something like a sixth sense and resulted in their changed form.
>allowed THEM

Based on the official description for Alolan Marowak, it seems Cubone has an Alolan form too.
>but the Japanese trailer showed a regular Cubone!
They could be hiding Alolan Cubone from us for now. Or, I'm wrong, and there is no Alolan Cubone.

Thoughts?
>>
We've seen a regular cubone evolve into an Alolan Marowak which confirms no Alolan Cubone. Its a pretty drastic change though.
>>
>>27760338
I doubt it, because that would imply both native Alonan Cubone and traded on normal Cubones evolve into the Alolan form, which doesn't make sense considering they say it was an environmental adaption.
>>
>>27760365
Like i said, they could be hiding it. The description seems to imply that both Cubone and Marowak adapted
>>
>>27760338
I'm pretty sure 'them' here refers to the marowaks specifically, 4ather than the full line.

I don't think we'll sew Alolan cubone. After all, it talks a lot about how they form tightly knit groups to protect their family from grass types, but that'd be uneccesary if cubone wasn't still ground.

The fire type marowak protect the ground type cubone from grass type predators, thus they stay together.
>>
>>27760445
They can't hide it, they showed the evolution sequence. Well, they could, but that's entirely pointless effort for what purpose? They showed Alolan Vulpix and Sandshrew. They technically both adapted because just, on a game mechanics level, theres a difference between a Cubone from Alola and a Cubone from anywhere else because there needs to be a flag to tell the game it evolves into an Alola Form Marowak. The parent (Marowak) protects the younger ones from Grass-types from the description, and then whe nthey're not "young" presumabnly they evolve. There's not really any need for the younger ones to also have the typing flavor-wise.
>>
>>27760338
Alternative evolution path maybe?
>>
>>27760509
They didn't show the full sequence, but its still dumb to assume that they cut the footage in order to hide it. There's no reason to when they could just as easily show it off without or show off both without needing to lie.
>>
>>27760338
Would this be the first instance of a 2 stage pokemon evolving into a dual type which does not share the first evo's typing?
>>
>ground type evolves into fire / ghost
This game gets dumber with each iteration.
Gen 8 will have ice/bug types evolving into fairy/ground.
>>
>>27760670
If they have an explanation for it, who cares? Why does it matter that the types change?
>>
They showed regular Meowth too so who knows what's up.

>>27760365
When did we see this?
>>
>>27760703
Ok the ice / bug type starts in a very cold region, then migrates at later stages to an arid region filled with dangerous fighting and rock types, causing it to change to fairy / ground. But then, at the final stage it grows wings and feeds primarily from the water, causing it to be flying / water type.

Now we have an ice/bug that evolves into fairy/ground which evolves into flying/water just because I pulled some explanation out of my ass. It doesn't make it any less silly.
>>
>>27760825
That doesn't answer why it matters or why it's "silly".
>>
>>27760710
Mewoth wasn't shown in battle, its a meowth that's in yoru house, presumably brought from wherever you came from, so it wouldn't be an Alolan Meowth. also, we saw it in the last Japanese trailer
>>
>>27760846
>why it's "silly".
Are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>27760846
Because pokemon should follow some kind of logical type combo within their own tree, otherwise the game is just a nonsensical clusterfuck.

If you catch a bug type, you should be able to assume it evolves into another bug type.

If you catch a ground type, you should be able to assume it evolves into a ground type.
>>
>>27760886
Why are you dodging the question? Is there some rule that Pokemon should keep a typing between form even when there's a flavor explanation for why it changes types that I'm not aware of?
>>
>>27760338
>them
Yeah, because it's an entire species of pokemon. This isn't complicated.
>>
Trapinch is pure ground and Flygon is bug/dragon, why didn't you guys ever complain about that?
>>
>>27760365
I have a problem with this, I was hoping for a Alolan Cubonen, this type change is really weird, even with some explanations.

Ground type is my favorite one, and I love Cubone. I'll have the same feeling about this new Marowak which I have with Tyranitaf : ground type, loosing it when it evolve.
>>
>>27760921
>Because pokemon should follow some kind of logical type combo within their own tree, otherwise the game is just a nonsensical clusterfuck.
>If you catch a bug type, you should be able to assume it evolves into another bug type.
>If you catch a ground type, you should be able to assume it evolves into a ground type.
But there was an explanation for why that stuff changed >>27760825 so there was a "logical type combo". Why does it have to be "within their own tree"? Who came up with that rule? You?
>>
>>27760945
>Flygon is bug/dragon

Nice bait.
>>
>>27760338
What I think is that non Alolan Pokemon can still evolve into the Alolan forms, but only if they are in Alola at the time. And Allan Pokemon can evolve into non-alolan forms if they evolve outside of Alola.
>>
>>27760945
Trapinch is ground which evolves into bug / ground which evolves into dragon / ground, so it is still a logical path as there is no crazy jump to completely unrelated types.
>>
>>27760825
Welcome to evolution.
>>
>>27760966
Because you just throw any logic out the window when you have no clue if your fire type is going to evolve into a fire type or a water / fighting type. It is bad for team building, it is bad for synergy, it is bad game design.
>>
>>27760921
That hasn't been the case for a lot of mons. A mono-type going to a different dual type hasn't happened before, it dual types losing types and gaining others or monotypes becoming other monotypes shows up quite frequently.
>>
>>27761023
But logic wasn't thrown out of the window. There was explanation for this >>27760825. There was logical basis. And there's logical basis for Marowak.
>>
>>27761032
I'm not talking about the lore. I could make up any damn lore I wanted to. It is still bad game design. Do you know anything about game design?
>>
File: alolan bug type flygon confirmed.png (169KB, 1132x416px) Image search: [Google]
alolan bug type flygon confirmed.png
169KB, 1132x416px
>>27760999
>Trapinch is ground which evolves into bug / ground which evolves into dragon / ground

Buddy...
>>
>>27761053
What makes it bad game design if there's a logical explanation behind why it happens?
>>
Learn to read English you cunt
>>
>>27761071
Whatever, that doesn't change my point at all and is irrelevant and really just shows you have no counter-argument.
>>
File: Untitled.png (42KB, 305x959px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
42KB, 305x959px
>>27761085
I already explained that. If you catch a grass type you should have a reason to believe it at least stays part grass type.
>>
>>27761119
And what gives us reason to believe that? The logical explanations, right?
>>
>>27761090
I'm not the anon you were talking to.
I was just triggered by your sentence. Like i'm triggered by Ground type Cubone which evolve into a Ghost/Fire.

Why Cubone didn't "evolve" too into a Ghost/Fire, or a least one of those types. It's still a prey for its predators.
>>
>>27760670

Pokémon are mysteries creatures.
>>
>>27761138
>The logical explanations, right?
Yes, logically a pokemon tree should be related type wise.

If you want pokemon evolving into random unrelated types then you should play a randomizer.
>>
>>27761173
Because apparently it lives in contact with a lot of grass-types in Alola. That's what it said. I'll admit the Ghost-type doesn't make a lot of sense but they do attempt to explain it too, even if you wouldn't guess it'd pick up Ghost-type to represent that. I honestly thoguht a lot of people associated the line with the Ghost-type anyway. If it had been Ghost-type to begin with I don't think anybody would have thought it was strange or that it shouldn't be.
>>
File: 1471096375749.png (1MB, 1418x790px) Image search: [Google]
1471096375749.png
1MB, 1418x790px
>>27760710

That Meowth is from another region.
>>
>>27760338
>normal Marowak is also weak to water
>adapt by become a fire type
>>
>>27761209
>Because apparently it lives in contact with a lot of grass-types in Alola.
You keep appealing to the lore like it matters. What matters is a ground type is turning into a fire / ghost type.
>>
>>27760445
>Like i said, they could be hiding it.

They're not. There's literally no reason to show the regular Cubone at all if that's the case. And having regular Cubone AND an Alolan Cubone evolve into Alolan Marowak makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>27761208
>Yes, logically a pokemon tree should be related type wise.
Who SAYS so? You're being extremely circular.
>Pokemon shoudl be related type-wise
>Why?
>Because they should have a logic typing that makes sense
>But there is a logical explanation for the typings
>But they aren't connected to its old typings
>Why does it have to be?
>Because there should be a logical reason for the typing
That's what you're doing. The truth of the matter is that there is no reason for ANY typing except for the fluff given to justify it, either design wise, mechanically, or lore-wise so why people are being triggered by the idea of Pokemon with one type evolving into a totally unrelated type just on principle is beyond me when there is a clear explanation for it. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it's not how it "should" be, and it's not like this is going to be an extremely common thing.
>>
>>27761230

Counter to Grass-type Pokémon.
>>
>>27761119
>>27761119
Just like if you have a Bug type like Skorupi you should assume it stays bug? Or that a water type like Surskit will stay water?

They started this by Gen II where you couldn't garuntee a pokemon wouldn't lose a type on evolution. Technically gen I if you want to count Eevee
>>
>>27761277
Because it is not good game design.
Imagine if every time you used a move, it changed it's typing. One time water pulse is water type, and the next time it is grass type. I'll leave it up to you to figure out why this is not good game design, big guy.

>>27761302
Skorupi stays poison type, surskit stays bug type.
>>
>>27761365
>Imagine if every time you used a move, it changed it's typing. One time water pulse is water type, and the next time it is grass type. I'll leave it up to you to figure out why this is not good game design, big guy.
But that's not what's happening. You can't go "it's bad game design because if everything worked this way it'd be bad" because nto everything is working that way. We have exactly one Pokemon like this and it was explained. If we got a move that did this there would be an explanation for it too. it'd be a unique move and that's it. It would be the norm and this won't be the norm.
>>
>>27761209
>Because apparently it lives in contact with a lot of grass-types in Alola.

I still don't understand why Cubone haven't those types too then. It's like if regular Vulpix evolves into ice Ninetales.
>>
>>27761390
>But that's not what's happening.
It is literally what is happening, just replace "move" with "pokemon". It could go for anything. What if gym leaders had randomized types? What if Brock was supposed to be a rock type leader, and when you face him all his pokemon are fairies?

If you don't see a problem with this, I don't know what to tell you. I'm just glad you aren't designing any games.
>>
>>27761396
Because the flavor is that the Marowak protects it young until they develop into marowaks to defend themselves and it works for that line because the line is very rooted in the mother-child relationship flavorwise.
>>
>>27761365
>But they keep one type!

And if you'll read a bit further, Eevee doesn't. And you're missing the point regardless. For a long time in the games, there has always been a possibility that a pokemon will lose a major typing when it evolves. Sometimes its normal types swapping it for something good. Sometimes its swapping a secondary type for a different one. Sometimes its swapping a primary type for a different one.

Literally the only thing new here is that the base form is that its gaining two new types instead of one. If this was the evolution of a normal type I doubt you would care.
>>
>>27761424
No, it isn't what's happen. You said "every time you used a move, it changed its typing". Moves don't do that. That's not how the game works. But it would be fine there was one move that did that. Using a hyperbolic, worst-case scenario to prove a point isn't how you prove a point. And we have one Pokemon that does it, and there's a reason for it, and it's okay. If all Pokemon start randomly changing types around you can start complaining about bad game design. Even then the example doesn't really work because the types are random for the move, there would presumably be an explanation for why all Pokemon would be randomly changing types justified by the design, if nothing else.
>>
>>27761458
>Eevee
Knew someone was gonna say it. Eevee is an isolated case, not relevant to this discussion at all.
If every pokemon functioned like Eevee does, that would be ridiculous.
>>
>>27761485
This is an isolated case as well. Cubone into Alolan Marowak is an exception, not the norm, and there's no reason to belief that it would become the norm.
>>
>>27761471
>Moves don't do that. That's not how the game works.
It's not how the game worked until I decided that's how it works. Let me just make up some bullshit lore real quick. You see, a virus has spread to all TM's thanks to the dastardly Team Bullshit! Now, any move taught by TM's have randomized types. It works because of the lore! You can't argue with it.
>>
>>27761485
And if you actually read all of my posts instead of the first line, you would know that I gave many other examples and reasons why your rule doesn't work.

You can't always expect a pokemon to keep the type you want it to. Sometimes they lose their primary type, sometimes they lose their secondary.

Eevee also isn't even alone in being a normal type that changes entirely, as Azurill was pure normal unlike marill up until they introduced fairy and linked them.
>>
>>27761516
And that would be a shit game. Good thing that's not what pokemon is doing, right? Making all Pokemon randomly change typings? That isn't what's happening. We had one isolated case. If there was one or two moves that did that and it was explained flavor wise, it would be fine. We have one Pokemon that does it. If you want to compare moves and Pokemon, why would it be okay if there was a move that did that (actually, there is-- Metronome, and kind of Assist) but not a pokemon that did that like you're implying with this blow up over Alolan Marowak? I didn't ocme into this argument with the initial statement being "every single pokemon from now on will have totally random typings", I came into this argument at the criticism that it was okay that a single Pokemon (Alolan Marowak) did it because there was a reason for it. You're the one that tried to spin this into some sort of slippery slope.
>>
File: Bewear.jpg (536KB, 1257x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Bewear.jpg
536KB, 1257x1250px
Bewear is the true natural predator of Cubones.

>It wears the skull of its dead mother on its head. When it becomes lonesome, it is said to cry loudly.
>Bewears love to give out hugs
>Sees sad Cubones
>Crushes them with tard strength
>Cubones channel the powers of spook to avoid hugs
>Use fire, it's SE to Bewear due to their ability 'fluffy'
>>
>>27761567
>reasons why your rule doesn't work.
Rules? Why do rules matter? We have ground types evolving into dual ghost/fires now. Rules can be rewritten as long as you write some bullshit lore to back it up.

And don't try to tell me there has been anything like this before. I know my types well enough to know this has never happened.
>>
>>27761173
S-So they remember Ledian exists, there's still hope afterall!
>>
>>27761613
shit, meant to >>27761183
>>
>>27761601
EVERY long-lasting series breaks its own "rules" a couple times throughout its life. It's what you have to do to break the mold and do something surprising and new. It doesn't mean it becomes the norm. This isn't some cataclysmic event that throws all logic out of the window. Rules can be broken, especially when there was no "rule" to begin with such as in this instance.
>>
>>27761173
>Why Cubone didn't "evolve" too into a Ghost/Fire
Fun fact. We never actually see it and Pikachu evolve into their evolutions respective Alolan forms.
>>
>>27761601
Your 'rule' was that if you catch a pokemon you should ALWAYS be able to assume it keeps its type.

>>27761119

Eevee is normal, but doesn't stay normal.
Onix is rock, but doesn't stay rock.
Larvitar is ground, but doesn't stay ground.
Azurill is normal, but doesn't stay normal.
Nincada is ground, but doesn't stay ground.

You cannot assume that a pokemon won't lose a type.
>>
>>27760338
WHY NOT FIRE/GROUND IF CUBONE WAS GONNA STAY GROUND? CUBONE BETTER BE GHOST.
>>
>>27761693
Yes we do
>>
>>27761714
Cubone line should have always been Ground/Ghost anyway
>>
>>27761722
Rewatch the trailer anon. It's been edited.
>>
>>27761582
But in your story cubone wins
>>
>>27761750
It was edited to be faster. Why would they go throguh the effort to show a regular Cubone evolving and then have it cut to the end of the evolution of an Alolan one when they showed us Alolan Sandshrew and Vulpix?
>>
>>27761800
>It was edited to be faster.
Yeah no. The result was edited out completely and it goes into the trainer throwing the ball and sending out the evo.

We don't see it evolve into the Alolan forms at all.
>>
>>27761851
Yes, but it would be foolish to assume that they're using false advertising to hide an alola cubone instead of either not showing it at all or revealing it like they did with vulpix and sandshrew.
>>
>>27761851
I didn't mean they sped it up, I mean they cut it for time, because there is no practical reason to show the entire evolution sequence.
>>
>>27761851
>Show a Cubone evolving
>Cut to Alolan Marowak
Wouldn't that imply that that Cubone evolved into that Marowak, even if it wasn't actually shown? If they wanted to "hide" Alolan Cubone, it would make more sense to just cut to action shots of Alolan Marowak with no evolution sequence whatsoever, thereby hiding the first form for whatever reason while also not being deliberately fucking misleading.
>>
>>27761783
Their description says they evolved to fight their natural predators. All the changes line up perfectly in defense against Bewear.
>>
>>27761900
>Wouldn't that imply that that Cubone evolved into that Marowak, even if it wasn't actually shown?
Not really, if anything it implies there's an Alolan Cubone seeing as they didn't have it evolve straight into the Marowak and then show battle images.
>>
>>27761916
Yeah but it was explicitly said to evolve to beat Grass-types.
>>
>>27761975
>Not really, if anything it implies there's an Alolan Cubone seeing as they didn't have it evolve straight into the Marowak and then show battle images.
How the fuck does it imply that? Why would they show a regualr cubone evolving and then cut to an Alolan Marowak if they were trying to implying there was an Alolan Cubone? What the fuck kind of backwards logic are you using? Like, what in the actual fuck. Do you believe what you're writing or am I being epically trolled?
>>
>>27762010
Think about it for a second, of it evolves straight into the Alolan form why on earth would they edit it out?
Unless of course they're trying to tell us that it doesn't evolve into the Alolan form and that there's a different subspecies.

There's no reason whatsoever to edit it aside from that.
>>
>>27762094
>why on earth would they edit it out?

Because the full evolution sequence takes ages and they didn't want to bore people? Its not that hard to figure out.

Why would the purposefully mislead people instead of not showing it at all?
>>
>>27762094
>Think about it for a second, of it evolves straight into the Alolan form why on earth would they edit it out?
The reason to edit it would be because this is a fucking trailer and there's no god damn reason to show the entire fucking evolution sequence if all they wanted to show was that a regular cubone evolves into an Alolan Marowak?
>>
>>27762130
>Because the full evolution sequence takes ages
You'd have a point if the trailer didn't show us enough of the sequence to get a grasp of the speed of it and going by that it would have taken less time than the protag throwing the ball.

Also it clearly states "allowed them to gain something like a sixth sense" and them refers to both Cubone and Marowak.
>>
>>27762200
Again, why would they use false advertising?
>>
>>27762333
It's not really false advertising as they didn't show it evolving into the Alolan forms.
>>
>>27762386
They didn't actually show it, but that's pretty obviously the fucking implication. Why else would they show a regular Cubone evolving then cut to Alolan Marowak?
>>
>>27762386
Alright, then why would they try to blatantly mislead people by heavily implying a lie was true?
>>
>>27761365

>Because it is not good game design

2/10. Come on man.
>>
>>27762429
>then why would they try to blatantly mislead people
It's gamefreak. You're acting like they haven't done it before.
>>
>>27762429
Probably hinting that the two species live in Alola but on different islands.
>>
>>27762534
That's a leap of logic based on totally flawed interpretation (that the two are seperate) to begin with.
>>
>>27762564
>flawed
Just because you have nothing against it doesn't mean it's flawed.
In any case, it's not so much a leap when you consider we have a similar pokemon in Oricorio
>>
>>27762777
No, see, that's not how actual, logical lines of reasoning go. You can't base an assumption on another totally unconfirmed and, honestly, totally unbased assumption. That's not just not reasonable debates go.

Also, that was Oricorio's entire gimmick, being themed after the idea of Darwin's finches. It's a leap of logic to assume that Cubone would do a similar thing.
>>
>>27762777
Then why, instead of showing off this island difference by showing both families, or keeping it secret by not showing cubone at all, did they decide to purposefully mislead people into thinking normal Cubones evolve into Alolan Marowaks?

It makes no sense and is inconsistent with all the other ones they've done. They shows off Exeggcutor and Raichu in the same way.
>>
>>27762843
>You can't base an assumption on another totally unconfirmed and, honestly, totally unbased assumption
Ironic considering that's what you're doing in thinking there's no Alolan Cubone.
After all that assumption came about from an edited video where the end result is hidden from the viewer. Any logical conclusion would lead us to believe that regular Cubone don't evolve from Marowak and that they're withholding something to reveal later. Keep in mind that you're talking about advertising and gamefreak anon.

Also rhere's no reason as to why other species couldn't diverge on different islands considering the climates in each.
>>
>>27763048
No, the logical conclusion is that they skipped over it for time. Occam's razor and all that.
>>
>>27763048
>Any logical conclusion would lead us to believe that regular Cubone don't evolve from Marowak
>They show a a picture of an evolving Cubone
>They skip to Alolan Marowak
>The logical conclusion is that the clip of the evolving Cubone was TOTALLY UNRELATED
Yeah, no, fuck off
>>
>>27763112
That would be the case if we didn't see the majority of the evo scene.
Occam's razor doesn't yield in your favor here anon if anything the simplest answer is that they're hiding something that required editing the footage.
>>
>>27763176
You don't need to see the entire evolution scene to know that something evolves into something else.

Bad part is even if they had people would be saying that they just reprogrammed it for trailer purposes and they're still hiding Alolan Cubone. People will grasp for anything. I refuse to believe you genuinely think that.
>>
>>27763112
Not him but they went right up to the moment the pokemon was suppose to appear from the evolution.
So what would be the point in editing the reveal if we've already seen just about all of the sequence?
>>
>>27763224
>You don't need to see the entire evolution scene to know that something evolves into something else.
Then why show the scene at all?
And more still why edit the last few seconds and replace it with a longer sequence?

You're making some odd leaps in logic here anon.
>>
>>27761712

Dude, he said one type. Eevee (and Azurill I think) are the only Pokemon who contradict him. The rest of that is just picking at shit covered straws.
>>
>>27763342
>Then why show the scene at all?
To show regular Cubone evolves into Alolan Marowak
>And more still why edit the last few seconds and replace it
Because it didn't need to show the whole evolution sequence
Nice attempt to spin it around though. Do you know what a "leap of logic" is or are you just trying to look clever?
>>
>>27760338
Well, it would be nice for cubone to have a new form, but it won't be happening. The excuse is lightning rod
>>
>>27760710
god damn, i wonder how many times we will have to say it before people understand
>>
A normal flying already evolves into a dragon fairy in this universe, what about that?
>>
>>27763816
>To show regular Cubone evolves into Alolan Marowak
Then why bother editing it instead of just showing the rest of the sequence?
Aside from the reveal we see everything from the "what, Cubone is evolving" message to just before the reveal of the pokemon in the sequence. In other words we literally see everything.
There's no logical explanation for the edit beyond the fact they're hiding something.

>Because it didn't need to show the whole evolution sequence
Then why bother showing it in the first place when they could have simply shown a Cubone image and an arrow to Alolan Marowak like they've done before

There's a whole lot of factors you're not taking into consideration here anon.
>>
>>27764009
Yeah but it doesn't count because they all share a type in the transition obviously
>>
>>27764025
>Then why bother editing it instead of just showing the rest of the sequence?
Because they didn't have to
>>27764025
>Then why bother showing it in the first place when they could have simply shown a Cubone image and an arrow to Alolan Marowak like they've done before
No, pretty sure this is how it was in all the trailers, including Alolan Exeggutor.
>>
>>27764009
>implying regular altaria is a fairy
>>
>>27760365
not true at all

all the pokemon we've seen evolve into alola forms without being alolan have had CUTSCENES to a battle animation instead of a finished evolution

they ARE hiding Alolan pokemon from us I believe, but the reason is totally unknown to me
>>
>>27760921
the only pokemon that doesnt truly fit this is Flygon, where it loses it's bug typing in favor of a dragon, but retains it's ground typing
>>
>>27764045
You're stuck in some kind of loop aren't you.

Let me ask you this, if they didn't have to show the sequence why bother?
>>
>>27764160
To show that Cubone evolves into Alolan Marowak.
>>
>>27760365

>Show evolution cutscene of normal pokemon.
>inexplicably cut to a battle scene with the Alola form of the evolution coming out of a Pokeball.
>>
>>27764196
And you don't think that's a little odd?
>>
>>27764208
Yeah... like they did with Alolan Raichu and Alolan Exeggutor.
>>
>>27764232
... No? There is no reason that it would be. There's no reason to show the whole animation to get its point across. The previosu trailer with Alolan Sandshrew and Vulpix had the exact same cutaway when it showed the Alolan forms evolving.
>>
>>27760868
People seem to have forgotten the MC isn't native to Alola desu.
>>
>>27764232

Point I'm trying to make is that we DIDN'T see a regular Cubone evolve into an Alola Marowak.

Just some scenes spliced together.
>>
>>27764273
You know what. I think I'll have to wait until I get home to explain it to you properly.
>>
>>27760670
Adaptation you Muppet...
>>
>>27764311
We didn't ACTUALLY SEE IT evolve straight into the Marowak but the implication was clearly that it did just like all the other trailers and scenes of Alola Pokemon having the exact same editing.
>>
Kind of dislike the fire typing, there are grass pokemon all over the place, not just alola so why did the alola ones evolve and not everywhere else?
I love the ghost reason though, ground/ghost would have been perfect
>>
>>27764365
Also, similar to Exeggutor, the adaptation is something that WOULD only show up in an evolution. Exeggutor grew taller because it gets more sunlight. That's not something that would show in the first form. Marowak got Fire-type to beat the grass-types threatening its children. If its children were already fire-type they would be threatned by the grass-types.
>>
>>27764405
I guess there are no grass free cave systems in Alola. After all that's where Cubone and Marowak could be found in other games and there were no grass types.
>>
>>27764311
>>27764321

I'm not that guy, but I think you're looking in to this too much. Sure, it's possible they cut some of the evolution sequence away to hide something about their alola form, however it's not the likely situation.

Unless Alolan Cubone has very special gimmick, there is no good reason to not show the evolution along side Alolan Marowak. It is more logical to assume that they cut some footage to save time.
>>
>>27764415
You do realise that would mean the children would inheret at least the ghost typing considering the bones are ignited on the helmet, right?
That's kind of how adaptation works in both reality and pokemon.
>>
>>27764506
>It is more logical to assume that they cut some footage to save time.
Quite the opposite considering we saw the majority of the sequence anon.
>>
>>27764519
The blue fire isn't ghost fire. It's just fire. The ghost type comes from vague shit baout having a sixth sense about its family but I see it more as a consolation that the line should have been Ghost-type to begin with, and I didn't know you were an expert on how cartoon animals adapt to their environment. Its described as something the mother picked up to protect its young, which would imply that the young grow up and develop those aspects themselves and pick them up when they evolve as well so I really don't see what you're trying to say.
>>
>>27764557
Okay then. So, then what actual good reason would they have to not show it along side Alolan Marowak?
>>
File: 537764764746.png (423KB, 1015x847px) Image search: [Google]
537764764746.png
423KB, 1015x847px
>>27760338
What?
>>
>>27764557
No, that's not how logic works. The logical explanation for something doesn't become the total opposite of the initial assertion if the first assertion is wrong.
>>
>>27764461
It doesn't even have to be all of Alola either.
Just one Island being overrun by grass types is enough, considering they wouldn't really have any natural means of moving to another less grassy island habitat.
>>
>>27764584
Who knows. But it certainly isn't logical to cut something for time when you've included most of it to begin with.
>>
>>27764636
you're way too much overthinking

it's like the dragonite + zubat on twitter thing, that was solely to show the new pokedex entries of the game on the japanese site
>>
>>27764636
plus i dont know, it's been 7 gens, likely everyone has been following these kinds of news for upcoming games since gen 5

game freak doesn't pull any tricks at all

i dont know what you expect, they've never tried to outsmart anyone through communication
>>
>>27764678
Dude.
It's like saying you're keeping an explanation short and sweet but going on for an hour.
Don't you think it would make no sense to cut something for time while retaining unnecessary parts?
>>
>>27760868

If I trade my meowth to Sun and Moon will it turn into a gay alolan?
>>
>>27764636
But from what we know, it really is more logical to assume there isn't any big meaning behind the those 2 seconds of video they didn't show.

This is like trying to find a conspiracy.
It might be true, but you can't assume it's true based on some arbitrary information that doesn't necessarily point towards what you think it does.
>>
>>27764113
But Vibrava is a dragon. See >>27761071

People only think it's a bug because it looks like a bug.
>>
>>27764738
As far as information we know, Pokemon that are already in one form won't suddenly turn into the Alola form. We don't know how evolutions will work though. I'm assuming that Pokemon not from Alola will evolve as normal instead of picking up the Alola adaptations but it could be that, for example, a Cubone from Kalos may end up turning into Alolan Marowak.
>>
>>27764727
Considering the same trailer cuts from seeing Guzma's Ariados vs Gumshoos at being full health to both of them suddenly being at half health when Ariados uses Poison Sting--
Sure, why not?
>>
>>27764405
Look ar Alola Exeggutor, the tropical climate boost grass type, they are also probably more numerous. The only other tropical region was Hoenn where you couldn't find wild cubone.
>>
>>27764873
And also the other trailers doing the exact same cut during the evolution, including the alolan exeggutor with normal exeggcute and alolan sandshrew/vulpix trailer.
>>
>>27760338
Will they still make thick club work with it being a special attacker though?
>>
>>27764781
Taking what we know and the execution of Alolan forms regular Cubone to Marowak makes no sense at all.

For starters except from Exeggutor, for obvious reasons, we've seen two full Alolan lines retain the same typing.
That's logically sound because the children have to adapt first for there to be the evolutions and in the case of Exeggutor they're seeds.
>>
>>27764897
Do we know that it's a special attacker? I mean, Lightningrod doesn't indicate anything since original Marowak had it too. Even if it was a pure physical with unusuable special Lightningrod would be useful. It's actually a good ability for doubles even without the SAtk boost.
>>
>>27761458
Eevee basically forcibly mutates due to exposure to elemental stones/rocks.
>>
>>27764923
The description indicates special attacks with sixth sense and all that.

They might also make it a mixed attacker but that would really ruin it having any chance of being viable unless they min maxed the shit out of it harder than any pokemon before
>>
>>27764921
It makes sense in the same young animals with parents that protect them are so weak and vulnerable. The babies are still ground-type and that's okay because they're protected by their parents until they evolve and get the typing to defend themselves. And the parental relationship is important thematically for the Cubone line so it makes sense that it would be spotlighted here.
>>
>>27764966
>The description indicates special attacks with sixth sense and all that.
Do not, do not, do not, DO NOT take pokedex entries as indication of what kind of attacker a Pokemon will be. I think I can count more times this was inaccurate than times it was correct. The sixth sense thing is why it's ghost-type, it wasn't an explanation for being a special attacker. I'm sure its stats are different and it may in fact be a special attacker now but the point is we haven't been given any indication either way
>>
>>27764975
You do realise how adaptation works right?
>>
>>27765041
No, enlighten me, you expert on japanese cartoon animals you.
>>
>>27764975
It clearly goes beyond having a parental instinct seeing as their bodies have changed completely to accommodate the ghost typing, anon.
>>
>>27765041
I hope you're not going to use a scientific explanation for a world where animals spontaneously change forms and gain all kinds of wild traits and attributes on a dime, which is a process dubbed as "evolution".
>>
>>27765087
I mean... I hope they make it look different enough to justify the line not having Ghost-typing to begin with like it should have.
>>
>>27764921
Well that's just something you assume. There might be a reason behind why they don't inherit the type.

And again, it still doesn't make sense to not show the Alolan Cubone forme, if it exists.
>>
File: 1450906741124.png (44KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450906741124.png
44KB, 300x300px
>>27760670
It's not like all the Alolan versions are doing this. Complete type changes are interesting every once in a while, but probably shouldn't become normalized.

I am curious about the evolution of Alolan Meowth. I feel like it would be stupid as hell if a cat that has adapted to royalty just turns into a regular Persian.
>>
>>27765088
Of course I'm not going into details about adaptation but pokemon clearly has the bare essentials of it from the very beginning of the series.
>>
>>27765235
I'm pretty sure the "bare essentials of it" that Pokemon has is "this animal picks up traits that help it survive in this habitat" which is what Marowak does even if the infant form of it hasn't grown into those traits yet just like the many animals that exist that don't pick up the self defensive traits they might have when they're young.
>>
>>27765287
>even if the infant form of it hasn't grown into those traits yet
That's the problem, the infant should at the very least be Ghost/Ground rather than just the regular especially if the children are apparently being preyed on the most.
>>
>>27765340
Who says? You?
>>
>>27765353
Says pokemon and the other Alolan forms.
>>
>>27760338
They could be hiding Alolan Cubone from us for now.
If they wanted to hide it they wouldn't have shown the transformation sequence at all.
>>
>>27765340
The traits just don't show up until it evolves. There's no reason it "has" to be Ground/Ghost. IT doesn't NEED to show until it evolves because flavorfully, it isn't an adaptation the young forms even use, it's the mother taking care of the children. It's a trait inherent inside Sandshrew born in Alola. It doesn't have to be presented visually or through typing or anything to have the adaptation. It's just a "gene" that that "flags" the sandshrew that it lives in an environment where, in order to better protect its young when it becomes an adult, that it should change its typing.
>>
>>27765388
>Other alolan forms
Exeggcute?
>Says Pokemon
Where?
>>
>>27765438
>Exeggcute?
Seeds. The only other pokemon it would make sense for are other seed pokemon like Sunkern.
>Where?
Vulpix, Sandshrew, Meowth
>>
>>27765490
The same reason it's okay for exeggcute is the same reason it's okay for cubone. No, a seed isn't the same thing as an infant, but plants are also not literally fucking alive nor do they hatch from eggs and all the other inconsistencies so I really can't believe you'd lean on that.
>Vulpix, Sandshrew
They hatch adapted to the environment because of where they live in the reason they changed. Vulpix blends into the snow, Sandshrew blends in with the ice etc. The Cubone line has a strong parental relationship, the young don't have to fend for themselves because they have the mother. That's the whole POINT of the line, so it makes sense that they'd illustrate the difference this way. Meowth is just a breed of cat. The reason for tis adaptation is totally unrelated to the other Alola forms we've seen. And wouldn't the other Alola forms fall under "other Alola forms" which would make the second category of "other Pokemon" unnecessary?
>>
>>27765088

Pokémon are not Animals.
>>
>>27765569
>The same reason it's okay for exeggcute is the same reason it's okay for cubone
Are you retarded?
For one Cubone isn't a seed.
Secondly Marowak's body in it's entirety changes to allow ghost type features. It makes absolutely no sense for the child not to have it since they're fucking prey too.
Come to think of it they should have been Psychic/Ground and Psychic/Fire respectively instead of ghost to represent the extra sense.

>They hatch adapted to the environment because of where they live in the reason they changed.
Retard confirmed.
That's exactly why Cubone should have their additional typing, they were hatched in an environment that was hostile towards them and they should show some changes.
If not the whole species should have died off a long time ago.
>>
>>27766369
So what you're saying is it makes no sense for animals in real life to not have developed teeth or claws as infants. Ok sir.
>>
>>27766656
Except there's a difference between teeth and claws that grow over time and complete body change.

You're basically saying that fish should climb on land and grow lungs and legs when they reach maturity while the offspring stay regular fish.
>>
>>27766714
Uh yeah, they can. Number one, this is Pokemon, number two ever heard of a tadpole?
>>
>>27766919
>Number one, this is Pokemon
Pokemon still following by these rules.

>number two ever heard of a tadpole?
Not fish you idiot.
>>
>>27766919
>>27766714
Not to mention, the analogy wasn't very good in context. Marowak gains it's typing to beat the things that hurt the offspring. The fish thing doesn't work in that context, ignoring that that could be a
very real and valid Pokemon idea.
>>
>>27766972
>Pokemon still follows that ultra A) what "rule" and B) "no they don't"
Why does it matter if it's explicitly a fish or not? It's still an animal adapted for water that evolves into one adapted for land. I'm pretty sure being a fish wasn't an integral part of your analogy, because of it was it doesn't work since Marowak is not a fish.
>>
>>27760945
>Flygon is bug/dragon
Are you from the future?
>>
>>27761230
The profile goes out of its way to mention Grass-types of Alola being the problem.

Sure, it's still weak to Water, but presumably Water-types aren't as numerous or as aggressive wherever the Alolan Cubones/Marowaks have settled.
>>
>>27760338
I get that they evolved Fire to defeat Grass-types, and Ghost is a Gen 1 reference.

But what benefit does Ghost offer to fighting off Grass predators? It's a neat little callback, but there doesn't seem to be any other significance to Alolan Marowak being part Ghost.
>>
>>27761424
>What if gym leaders had randomized types?
Volkner and Flint already had random-ass teams in DP.
>>
>>27766987
>Marowak gains it's typing to beat the things that hurt the offspring.
Which explains the fire typing.
We're talking about the ghost typing here. Keep up.

>>27767034
>because of it was it doesn't work since Marowak is not a fish.
It's an analogy dingus.
Also, a frog has also adapted to both land and water travel with their offspring being born into the water for defensive reasons. Meanwhile the primordial fish like creatures adapted and evolved and never looked back.

In any case, the changes should be seen in the Cubone to begin with seeing as that's how adaptation works. Especially the Ghost type which is an entire bodily change instead of a tool like the fire. DNA doesn't just reset like that anon.

And for the record It should have been Psychic instead of Ghost.
>>
>>27767731
I kind of loved that, actually.

Being the toughest Sinnoh Gym Leader and an Elite Four member, it made sense for them to step up their games and throw unusual team combos at you to see if you really have what it takes.
>>
>>27767772
>Being the toughest Sinnoh Gym Leader and an Elite Four member
Unfortunately they were the easiest.
>>
To be honest, I think there is some truth as to why we didn't see Alolan Persian, Cubone, etc. They announced both Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales at the same time. Why wouldn't they do it again if there was no alt form for the other Pokemon's evolution? I don't want to believe it, but it's just a thought.
>>
>>27767801
Toughest in the sense that the game hypes him up as being so strong he's resorted to handing out badges instead of actually fighting trainers because none offer him a challenge.

The last Gym Leader who was remotely difficult was Koga with his Self-destructing Weezing squad and that evasive Muk.
>>
>>27767897
>Toughest in the sense that the game hypes him up as being so strong
I got the pathetic vibe from Volkner considering how you're introduced to him and what do you know. He was easy.
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.