[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this ever explained? Why hasn't a 200 ft. Dragonite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
Was this ever explained?

Why hasn't a 200 ft. Dragonite ruled the world, yet?
>>
>>27759471
Well, there's no giant tentacruel destroying the city, either
>>
There wasn't supposed to be an explanation, since the Anime didn't care about consistency

But if you have to have one, it came from the island of giant pokemon

Stop making threads about this damnit, you're not gonna find a better answer anyways
>>
>>27759562
But that was fake?
>>
>>27759471
It was a Totem Dragonite
>>
>>27759471
It was an alola dragonite
>>
Alola Dragonite
>>
>>27759676
It all comes together HUAHAUAHAUUAHu
>>
>>27759676
I can see them doing this
>>
>>27759562
>island of giant fake pokemon
>not one of the ancient pokemon like giant gengar and jigglypuff
>>
>>27759676
makes sense it came from the ocean
>>
>>27759572
>>27759742
Well i tried to explain that it doesn't really matter, since they never explained it, and never will
They didn't put enough forethought into this for any of those two to be the right explanation, and they've never touched upon it since, and they probably never will do
>>
More alarming is Bill's inability to identify "the same Pokémon but bigger". There's no way a researcher of his calibre would be unfamiliar with Dragonite when Lance and Drake both own them and the Safari Zone was ransacked to find a Dratini.

Bloody furry.
>>
>>27759471

Because. It can't beat legendary Pokémon.
>>
File: i'm not richard.png (6KB, 653x56px) Image search: [Google]
i'm not richard.png
6KB, 653x56px
>>27760578
If I can Richard up in this for a second, it's possible that Bill only heard the rumor and never actually saw a Dragonite in person.

Probably bullshit, but might as well try to answer it
>>
File: Pokérus_.jpg (50KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
Pokérus_.jpg
50KB, 480x318px
>>27759471

Dragonite got Pokérus.
>>
>>27759471
The entire episode is a parody of Ray Bradbury's The Fog Horn, and makes more sense if you're familiar with that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fog_Horn
>>
>>27759676
Dragon / Water Alola Dragonite
>>
>>27760578
Brief tangent here, but whatever. Ever since I was a child, I thought the pokédex was retarded. Like, catching a Pokémon revealed an entry, so that means it already had information before. You don't just learn everything about a pokémon by catching it.

Also, the pokédex had a fixed number of slots and Professor Oak was able to determine your progress. This points to the idea that researchers are already all familiar with every pokémon out there. Plus, how could they not know? The world is full of scientists, but some kid is gonna catch them all and establish a definitive encyclopedia? I just hated being told to go catch pokémon on the pretense that it was helping Oak somehow.

I feel like instead it's just adults lying to kids to get them to go away.
>>
File: Pokédex_reason_2_2-1-1.jpg (307KB, 436x2498px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex_reason_2_2-1-1.jpg
307KB, 436x2498px
>>27760822
>>
File: Pokédex_reason_1-2.jpg (263KB, 440x2190px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex_reason_1-2.jpg
263KB, 440x2190px
>>27760822

>>
>>27761123
Yeah, exactly. That's total hand-waving bullshit. Plus it ignores the hundreds or thousands of competent adults that have lived lifetimes before you were ever born that have had the ability to study pokémon.

I know it doesn't actually matter, but it still bothered me.
>>
>>27759471
Because a Swinub sneezed and used powder snow on it and it fucking died.
>>
File: 119-boom126.png (16KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
119-boom126.png
16KB, 256x192px
>>27761538

Other had the Pokédex as well.
>>
>>27760822
What I would find a reasonable explanation is that the pokedex started as just a personal project of professor Oak and is essentially nothing more than an apparatus that scans the pokemon you caught and downloads the relevant pokedex entry from a database.

Him sending Red and Blue on a journey to "catch them all" would then be having them test if the device really works, and at the same time learning a bit more about pokemon.

But that's just my headcanon.
>>
>>27762004

No. Professor Oak wanted to make a guide of all the Pokémon in the World.
>>
It was an excuse to get Red towards actually obtaining those Pokemon so Oak could more closely examine them in-person, and later use the info he gleaned from said examinations to refine the Dex (you think Bill is the only one with access to those boxes?). Hence the new entries (or lack of new entries) in between games.

How is that hard to understand?
>>
>>27759471
I figured they wanted to build up Dragonite as a legendary type of pokemon and then later realized that was stupid.
>>
>>27762050
>guide of all the Pokémon in the World.
Considering that Oak is pretty old and far from the only professor, wouldn't it be weird that there hasn't been a guide already?
>>
>>27762337
As far as gen 1 is concerned, there's no such thing as other regions with entirely different Pokemon.
>>
File: 1469932481355.png (719KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
1469932481355.png
719KB, 1024x1820px
>>27759471
It wouldn't get the opportunity
>>
>>27762558
I am currently talking specifically about gen 1.
I can barely remember any explanation about the pokedex in other generations.
>>
>>27762648
Then it's pretty clear cut. Given the fact that the Pokemon League is located in Kanto and that the only person implied to be studying Pokemon as a profession lives there as well heavily suggests Kanto is the center of the world as far as Pokemon is concerned.
>>
>>27762337
There hasn't been one. Oak is the first to create an encyclopedia, the Pokedex.

In gen 2 Elm doesn't give you a pokedex but instead Oak does when you run into him.

I assume other researchers like Elm and Birch and all the others have notes and data on pokemon living in their region and maybe they help out with upgrading the pokedex whenever oak sends them to a new region, however none of them have tried to create an encyclopedia of pokemon all over the world yet.
>>
>>27762724
This. As far as the pokemon world is concerned. Oak is the world authority on pokemon. Other professors specialize on one subject.
>>
>>27759572
The Dragonite robot gained self-awareness, and left to seek a massive female Dragonite to bang.

Happy?
>>
>>27760714
This.
Know your fucking classics, /vp/
>>
>>27760714
>>27763303
The clearly had some sci-fi fans on board
>>
File: 60-event055.png (8KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
60-event055.png
8KB, 256x192px
>>27762337

No. There will always be new discoveries about Pokémon.

No one has ever
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.