[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spent 30 minutes this morning trying to catch teddiursa in dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: pokemoncrystal.jpg (274KB, 637x575px) Image search: [Google]
pokemoncrystal.jpg
274KB, 637x575px
Spent 30 minutes this morning trying to catch teddiursa in dark cave. Only had 2 encounters and the little guy was able to flee both times.

There are so many cool pokemon in crystal. I saw a phanphy too, but that was before the game even give you pokeballs.
>>
Too bad they never show the fuck up and are easily missed.
>>
ITT: Things I didn't know before.
>>
>>27757251
I'm glad HGSS added swarms of these rare Mons because I'd never get a damn Snubbul otherwise
>>
>>27757251
>>27757251
Pokémon Crystal was my very first game and I still love it
>>
>>27757251
I really, really like this post.
>>
File: smug.png (13KB, 425x408px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
13KB, 425x408px
>>27757401
>
>>
This was my planned team, wanted to have zero pokemon in the PC.

chikorita
teddiursa
togepi
vaporeon
sandslash
suicune

Guess I'll have to try again tomorrow. Although I'm looking at the wiki and there are so many pokemon to choose from, like you can get heracross as soon as you obtain headbutt, which is from elexi forest if I remember. A catchem all run might be fun, although gen 2 is brutal for leveling large teams.
>>
File: 1470889339524.png (109KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470889339524.png
109KB, 1000x1000px
>>27757492
>planned team
>>
>>27757492
>vaporeon
Anon, you know the games mostly Jews you out of evo stones until Kanto, right?

You can get Sun Stone in the Bug Contest, and some Trainers can give out evo stones in Crystal, with whatever Pokegear calling mechanic makes them do so.
>>
>>27757401
Snubbull has been the easiest thing for me to encounter. Marill, however, is a dick.
>>
>>27757465
it's all yours my friend
>>
>>27757654
I just wanted a water HM pokemon.
>>
>>27757654
>Jews you out of evo stones
>you can't catch Murkrow, Sneasel and Larvitar until the very end
>>
File: whitney.png (65KB, 740x577px) Image search: [Google]
whitney.png
65KB, 740x577px
I'm actually playing Crystal right now too, OP. Just beat Whitney on my first try, not sure why everyone thinks she's difficult.
>>
>>27759754
Because they remember facing her when they were like 10. Sometimes with a quilava.
>>
>>27759754
>nearby wild pokemon are level 8
>miltank is fucking level 20
>>
>>27757492
>Vaporeon AND Suicune
Hmm why?
>>
>>27757858
You can at least get Sneasel earlier in Crystal. It's still bullshit how Houndour, Misdreavus, Sneasel (G/S), Larvitar, Slugma, and Murkrow are locked to Kanto.

Why introduce new mons if you're going to shove them in a point of the game where nobody is ever going to use them?
>>
>>27759810
I beat her with a quilava. I did need to use a revive, though.
>>
>>27759754
Nobody thinks she's difficult. It's a stupid meme.
>>
>>27757662
I just got that at the Safari Zone.

Can't remember if I ever caught it in Crystal.

>>27759754
Did you catch a poke.on specifically to beat her?

People who think she's easy usually went and got the Matchop or caught Geodude to make it easy mode. People who think she's hard are usually going in with their planned team rather than getting Mons just to win.

I fought her in my current HGSS play through and she was fucking brutal, all my pokemon were male and I forgot she had Attract, and her Clefairy kept mimicking Sand Attack.
>>
>>27760034
this.
any gym leader isn't hard if you have the specific team to beat him/her
>>
>>27760034
>Did you catch a poke.on specifically to beat her?

my only decent pokemon is quilava. i spammed ember, fainted but used a revive, and then the fight was over
>>
>>27757251
I got a Phanphy a couple days ago. Got up early to do it. I must have seen a dozen of them shits before I caught one. Too bad I kind of want to re-set my shitty play through.
>>
>>27759960
Fuck off smogonfag
>>
>>27761058
If your only decent Pokemon is Quilava it must be high leveled since you aren't training much else.

I had a Quilava too but it got killed by Rollout. Or her fucking Attract-Flinch combo

The games are actually easier the less Pokemon you use because it will level over everything and be able to one shot all Pokemon as time goes on
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.