[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there were Pokemon in Gen 1 that weren't in the wild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1471035143576.jpg (99KB, 569x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1471035143576.jpg
99KB, 569x1029px
>there were Pokemon in Gen 1 that weren't in the wild and could only be obtained by trading for them

Why.
>>
>>27756863

To encourage players to trade with each other.
>>
>>27756863
Do you have friends, anon?
>>
>>27756889
>encourage
*force
>>
>>27756889
>>27756908
>Mr. Mime, Jynx, Farfetch'd
>>
>>27756889
You clearly are too underage to understand what OP said. He's not talking about kadabra or graveler.

>>27756925
Still bothers me to this day. Why in the flying fuck did they do this? It was so fucking stupid.
>>
Every generation has those. What's your point?
>>
>>27756925
You could get a mr. mime by trading with one of the NPC's
>>
>>27756968
literally what op said
>>
>>27756946
>You clearly are too underage to understand what OP said.

No, you misunderstood what I was talking about. I know what OP was referring to, and the intention of the in-game trades was to teach players about trading (remember, the series was new, and that mechanic may not have been obvious) and to get them used to the idea, thereby encouraging them to trade with their friends as well.
>>
>>27757036
[DAMAGE CONTROL]
>>
>>27756889
>>27756908
>>27756923
>>27756952
>>27756968
>>27757036

you guys are retarded, OP meant why are there pokemon that are exclusive from in-game trades, i could understand version exclusives, but making it not even available in the wild for both games? retarded
>>
>>27756925
What's the problem with these?
>>
>>27757043
>gets actual answer to question
>"DAMAGE CONTROL"

Sorry you didn't get the echo chamber you were hoping for, faggot
>>
>>27756863
They were not native to the region they were in. Happens with other mons too.
>>
>>27757046
>OP meant why are there pokemon that are exclusive from in-game trades

That's literally what we're all talking about.
>>
>>27757043
this is reddit
>>
To show off the mechanic. The same reason there are baby pokemon you have to breed to obtain in gen 2.
>>
>>27757062
still feels dumb comming from gen1, where there's no other source to get the pokemon
>>27757063
>To encourage players to trade with each other.
>That's literally what we're all talking about.
>in-game trades exclusive mons
somehow your logic is a little backwards
>>
Talking about Jynx, aren't you. Whyeven make it if it can only be obtained from one trade and only in R/B.
>>
>>27756863
like gengar and machamp?
or like one version having meowth and the other growlithe?
>>
>>27757120
like reading my fucking thread
>>
>>27757113
>somehow your logic is a little backwards

No, see >>27757036. Even in-game trades are intended to encourage players to trade with each other.

(And it actually says "in-game trades" right in that post, so your complaint that we're all retarded for not realizing that OP was talking about in-game trades is sort of... retarded.)
>>
>>27756863
>there is no hint of Golem's existence other than NPC dialogue (or a trade in Japanee Blue)
for what fucking reason
>>
>>27757130
tl;dr
don't be a baby about it
>>
Who gives a fuck if you got it from an in-game trade?

You still traded for it with a pokemon you caught in-game.
>>
>>27757168
making you trade a pokemon available in both versions, for a pokemon only available by that specific trade, once and in either version, does not encourage trading, teaching them how trades work is ok, having version exclusives is ok, but having an specific pokemon not available outside and in-game trade, is retarded
>>
and there's porygon that you can only buy
>>
Because back then, the goal was to catch them all, and having Pokemon locked was a part of that. You're thinking of it too much in the modern Pokemon sense, where you might need to hunt shinies, breed ivs and natures, and not in the sense that "hey, you have this blank spot in your Pokedex! Wonder where you get a Lickitung..."

Also it was to boost the idea of trading Pokemon, which at the time was gnarly as fuck. Doesn't seem like a big deal in a modern setting, but back then the ability to trade and battle via a cable was amazing.

I agree that it's stupid by modern standards, but it made sense back then given the scope of the game. It would've have made any difference at all if you could've found Mr. Mime in the wild, not like you were gonna breed them or find special natures n shit like that anyway. Mr. Mime was Mr. Mime, and as long as you had one, you had one. So try to find out how to nab one to fill that spot in your Pokedex.
>>
>>27757370
now THIS actually makes sense
thanks for being one of the few with common sense and reading skills
>>
>>27757370
I do kind of miss that ability to just catch one Pokemon and be done with it rather than having to try and catch or breed something with good IVs/natures/abilities

At least dexnav kind of made that fun
>>
>>27757370

This pretty much famalamadingdong. Breeding is a shitty mechanic Pokemon IMO. Once it became about pumpin out babies for them sweet IVs, the game lost that great catch em all feel.

I think if the game went more a direction of searching every corner of the map to find certian Pokemon, or completing long quest lines for an opportunity to trade for Pokemon, that'd be pretty cool.
>>
>>27757868
>completing long quest lines for an opportunity to trade for Pokemon

BW2 had that, didn't it?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.