[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, sorry to be a bother. TCG question. Recently I�

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4047.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4047.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey guys, sorry to be a bother. TCG question.

Recently I've gotten more seriously into the physical TCG, and I found this decklist on PokeBeach for a Volcanion deck. It seems good, but I wanted to know if anybody had any suggestions for improvement? The author doesn't seem like they're as reliable as I'd like, and the deck might benefit from extra Ninja Boy or Pokemon Ranger. I'd like to start going to competitive events, but like I said, I haven't been at this for very long. Any advice is much appreciated!

http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/08/fighting-fire-with-fairies

So far I've got pretty much every card except Secret Rare VS Seeker from Roaring Skies.
>>
>>27752601
You generally don't need more than one or two ninja boy. It's there for bad starts/abusing shaymin, but you can always recur it with your Vs Seekers(I don't know why you need SCR ones when the deck isn't even done, just get the uncommons, get the FRLG ones, or wait for the reprints in the Keldeo/Rayquaza deck)

The deck could potentially benefit from a single copy of Hex Maniac for the item lock matchup. Acro Bikes for speed are decent in most decks. The Ether meme is alive and well if you play a lot of basic energies.
>>
>>27753135
Wow, I'm a dumbass. Should've double-checked for reprints of VS Seeker. I'll definitely look into those cards. Thanks so much!
>>
File: 1422245268324.png (400KB, 654x697px) Image search: [Google]
1422245268324.png
400KB, 654x697px
i played TCG from 2010-2013. won a couple battle roads / cities, made top 8 at states once

MY TIPS TO NOT SUCK:
>Playtest a ridiculous amount. As much as you can. After 50+ games with a deck, against randoms online, you will understand how the list needs to be built
>You need to make your own lists, or find the best places online to get them. Pokebeach is not one of those places
>Play Tier 1 decks even if you don't like them. I usually do best with the "second" best deck in the format, like Dialga from platinum
>More playtesting = more wins. You need at least 20+ games against every deck in the format before you can expect to be ready to win an event
>>
File: YES.jpg (33KB, 281x276px) Image search: [Google]
YES.jpg
33KB, 281x276px
>>27753280
Right on, thanks for the tips.

Yeah, I'll definitely have to keep my eyes peeled. Considering the new rotation isn't even in effect yet (I don't think?), there's still so much time before a new meta is developed. Hopefully a variation of the decklist I linked finds success so I don't feel as silly starting from this and working my way up.
>>
File: 1365029123264.jpg (188KB, 905x785px) Image search: [Google]
1365029123264.jpg
188KB, 905x785px
>>27753365
yeah you just need to playtest as much as possible. eventually you get a feel for how to build decks correctly. thats the #1 most important thing, since there arent that many decisions to make in pokemon

just remember that card games have chance and gambling. It is NOT weightlifting or sports, sometimes you just get bad draws or bad matchups in a tournament.

The guy that wins worlds every year has an unbelievably lucky day, it's just the way it is.
>>
>>27752601
As someone who's been testing a virtually similar list online, I'll tell you right now that the EX has been dead weight. I wouldn't run more than 1-2 if at all, and once those are gone you can drop the Hoopa too. It sounds amazing on paper and you can get some cool donks, but it's too inconsistent and they end up clogging and just getting Lysandre'd out.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.