[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I haven't played a Pokemon game since Silver, which was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (79KB, 1128x751px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 1128x751px
So I haven't played a Pokemon game since Silver, which was about 15 years ago. From what I can tell these days, there's a lot of dislike for that generation. Is it because of the attitude of the fanboys of that gen? Or did the following games really improve enough to make gold and silver look like hot garbage in comparison? Honest question.
>>
No? It's just easy.
>>
Gen II is generally seen as good. Obviously the new games improved a lot of things but those are still very enjoyable, especially if you played them back in the day.
Don't think too much about what /vp/ thinks about some game, there is never a consensus, only a lot of noise and angry flame wars.
>>
>>27748569
GSC had a poor level curve, poor pokemon availability, and Kanto was empty.

That aside, it mostly just aged more poorly. Pokemon mostly directly improves, making it hard to go very far back and keep playing.
>>
>>27748615
Sun and Moon have rekindled my interest in the series a bit, I like their aesthetic and kind of want to replay one of the early games on a 3DS before they come out
>>
>>27748647
do it
>>
>>27748629
Do the later games still have Porygon?
>>
>>27748918
Yes, but he tends to be hard to get ahold of.
>>
File: 1470941339398.png (53KB, 347x211px) Image search: [Google]
1470941339398.png
53KB, 347x211px
>>27748918
No
>>
The pokemon fanbase has created a subculture of anti-nostalgiafags that have become every bit as annoying as nostalgiafags generally are. Instead of blindly hating new games and exaggerating their faults, they do the same to the older games instead.
>>
Actually, everyone loves GSC to the point that it's considered overrated. SoulSilver/Heartgold are the only reason gen 4 is even considered good.
>>
>>27748569
Most of the hate comes from the younger people on this board who weren't even alive/just babies for Gen 1 and 2
>>
File: 1471055405624.png (218KB, 532x767px) Image search: [Google]
1471055405624.png
218KB, 532x767px
>>27748978
But Platinum was good...
>>
>>27748978
>Actually, everyone loves GSC to the point that it's considered overrated

Really? Because all I see is people saying Gen I and II were objectively shit. Very rarely will a person say they like one of those two gens the best before promptly getting shat upon in all directions.
>>
>>27749035
(You)
>>
>>27748569
Everyone loves gen II.
>>
>>27749050
Happens every single time some poor newfag decides to create a Johto appreciation thread
>>
>>27749113
Have another
>>
>>27748569
People dislike it because Gen II has absolutely nothing going for it at this point outside of nostalgia, it's completely outdated and was always kind of shitty. Poor level curve, Kanto was a wasteland, shittiest pokemon distribution in any game, pokemon designs were probably mostly literally Gen I rejects. HG/SS didn't do enough to fix it and I don't understand why people say those are the best Gen IV games when Platinum does everything relevant that it does but better.
>>
GSC couldn't stand on its own as a game, it was meant to be played with RBY

Crap variety for pokemon, half of what you will see are kanto pokemon

You get to visit Kanto, weeee but then you realize how empty the damn place is.
>>
>>27749251
Probably because G/S/C were basically the most blatant cash-in games in the series. They rode entirely off of R/B/Y's success and were completely half-assed as a result.
>>
>>27748569
Gen 4 > Gen 3 > Gen 2 > Gen 6 > Gen 5 > Dogshit > Gen 1

Dude
>>
>>27749742
It's amazing how this series got so popular based on some terrible awful games worse than dogshit
>>
>>27749881
Is this reply to suppose to agree on me or prove me wrong?

I mean, Gen 1 IS shit.
>>
>>27749939
I'm just confused and amazed by it is all. I don't know what everyone back then was deluded by.
>>
>>27749962
Well, we didn't have any other Pokémon games to play or compare it to.

Once GS came out, I don't think any of us ever came back.
>>
>>27749988
>Well, we didn't have any other Pokémon games to play or compare it to.

You don't even need to though, they're just shit games in general. Buggy, imbalanced messes. It just goes to show that you don't necessarily need to have a good start to build up a successful series.
>>
>>27750033
Excepting for pokemon GO, pokemon has never been as successful as the original games. Fucking shit for brains degenerate
>>
File: 1470983677217.jpg (94KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1470983677217.jpg
94KB, 1301x1301px
>>27748569
No there's not. In fact the remakes of gen 2 are really expensive rn because everyone really likes them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.