[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In gen 6 game freak at least tried to balance competitive pokemon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: aegislash-blade.gif (85KB, 82x104px) Image search: [Google]
aegislash-blade.gif
85KB, 82x104px
In gen 6 game freak at least tried to balance competitive pokemon.
4 drag 2 mag was no longer a thing. Fairy types coming in to counter dragon's prevalence and some other changes

Do you think they will try to do the same with gen7 or will everything be either generic trash or gimmicky trash and genwun pandering?
>>
>>27745138
The latter.
>>
>>27745138
gen 6 ruined the competitive metagame.
>fan service ass broken as fuck megas
>knock off buff virtually killed stall
>weather nerf was the only good thing
>made primal rayquaza ridiculously op
gen 6 made competitive pokemon shit.
>>
>>27745338
how can you forget the worst part? fucking steel nerf.
>>
>>27745338
and thank god
>>
>>27745338
Hardly. It's still suffering to play against.
>>
>>27745338
>>27745474
I wish, stall is still running rampant as fuck (though it's mostly because they banned a ton of stuff that wrecked it).
>>
>>27745138
>rather than make cloud nine remove weather from the field entirely and also make a flying-type move that removed weather, game freak decided to nerf weather abilities into an oblivion
>mega pokemon
>knock off became a spam move for dark types, essentially guaranteeing a 110 base damage blow due to the prevalence of items. IMO, knock off should be reduced to 40 base damage. If mega pokemon are kept, an unevolved pokemon with a mega stone can have their mega stone removed by knock off or trick/switcheroo/...
>scald was not nerfed to 70 base damage to make surf viable
>ice-types still do not get a 50% physical defense boost from hail
>water-types are not immune to hail damage
>decided to break the game with mega rayquaza, rather than making a mega regigigas with 230 base attack and huge power to break the game
>>
File: Bravest bird.png (18KB, 275x147px) Image search: [Google]
Bravest bird.png
18KB, 275x147px
>>27745138
And then everything changed when choice banded bravest bird attacked.
>>
>>27745138
Gen 6's metagame is fucking shit. I prefer weather wars. At least those were fun.
>>
>>27745683
>I prefer seeing the same shit over and over again
>>
>>27745371
Steel nerd was the best part. It wasn't even a nerf, since they had an advantage against Fairies.

Cry more, Steelfag.
>>
Steel
>lost dark and ghost resist
>gained fairy resist
>poison moves are more common, which they are immune to

hardly a nerf
>>
>>27745371
i feel like the steel nerf was just for aegislash. but it was still op.
>>
>>27745879
>lost dark and ghost resistance
I wonder who caused that?
>>
>>27745683
i dont prefer weather wars but i loved every tier below OU in gen V. now all the lower tiers are either mega and knock off spam or some other gay shit.
>>
>>27745937
>>27745962
>implying GF had the foresight for that
"We were really surprised to see people running special aegislash. We thought they would only be physical."
>>
>>27745652
>water types being immune to hail
I see where you're coming from but no
>>
>>27745138
Considering British, I think they are trying.
>>
>>27745338

Good. We need to find newer, faster ways to kill stall.
>>
>>27745962
also mega metagross and jirachi
>>
>>27745652
>wanting technician users to even be more prevalent with Knock Off nerf
>>
>ADHD kids wanting stall killed off
lmao
>>
They actually did a really good job balancing competitive this gen, the problem is megas introduced some new problems. The concept of megas is cool but there aren't enough viable ones and Kangaskhan is way better than everything else.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.