[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you think the new Alola forms will work alongside their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (41KB, 960x773px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 960x773px
How do you think the new Alola forms will work alongside their existing forms?
As in, will a Kanto vulpine evolve into an Alolan ninetails just because you evolve it in Alola?
I myself don't think so, and I've seen some anions mention an "Alola hidden value" that could easily be implemented, and I believe that it will work via egg groups.
As in, you can catch a fire type vulpix as well as its new form in Alola, original near a volcano, Alolan near snowy mountains. The original form of vulpix will have the field egg group, and the Alolan will be in the fairy group. It's egg group will tell it how to evolve. This way not only do you have a reliable way to evolve your Pokemon as well as breed without outside factors, such as two Kanto ninetails producing an ice type vulpix would be weird jus because of where it was born, that would make no sense. This also eliminates the possibility of breeding an Alola form with an 'original' form. How would that work? Straight 50/50? With different egg groups deciding evolution, all such oddities are gone, which the hidden value idea wouldn't cover.
And yes, saying a 'normal pikachu can't breed with an identical looking, typed, etc Alolan pikachu' is weird would be true, but I think it's the route that would cause the LEAST trouble, no?
What do you think? What other methods would work equally well if not better?
>>
It'll be as simple as the game recognizing the game where it was caught, and then evolving it accordingly. I'd imagine they would be able to breed with their classic forms.
>>
>>27743148
But like OP said, what would the result be breeding an ice type vulpix with a fire type vulpix? 50/50 random? That would be ridiculous.
>>
>>27743187

Whatever the mother is, like always.
>>
>>27743187
Mother. Same as other variants like Pumpkaboo and Shellos.
>>
>>27743220
>>27743208
Didn't even consider this, that could work as well. But what aboult the ones that don't have a different form other than the last form? Alola pikachu and Kanto pikachu? They're the same in every way.
>>
>>27743376
Do we know for a fact Alolan Pikachu is the same? The video didn't show the evolutions finishing. Does seem unlikely there'd be an Alolan Pikachu though.
>>
>>27743376
They probably either
A) have a hidden marker
Or
B)be different forms with identical models
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.