[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That moment when your favorite Pokemon's evolution gets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (48KB, 198x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48KB, 198x300px
That moment when your favorite Pokemon's evolution gets an Alola form but still no mega.
>>
File: 250px-330Flygon.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-330Flygon.png
50KB, 250x250px
Soon.
>>
Mega Marowak would have to have Huge Power to make up for not being able to use Thick Club.
>>
>>27741021
>Flygon-Alola
>It's the same as regular Flygon
>Except the membrane over its eyes
>They are full of tears
>>
>>27741021
i mean as cool as alola or mega flygon would be

they did so fucking good on it's design i don't see how they could improve it
>>
>>27741060
>not parental bond
>>
>>27740995
>its 3times faster
>better signature move
> immune to fighting,normal and electric moves
>can still use an item
>want a mega that would suck anyway

gid gud faggot
>>
File: ERHSN.png (777KB, 1024x754px) Image search: [Google]
ERHSN.png
777KB, 1024x754px
Maybe Marowak will finally be able to utilize perish song.
>>
>>27741107
It loses its electric immunity. It's fire/ghost. But, just to help you out here, newfriend, lemme juuuuusssttt

>Mega Marowak
Ghost/Ground
Huge Power
>80 HP
>90 Atk
>130 Def
>50 Sp. Atk
>90 Sp. Def
>100 Speed

Just spitballing. I could do better if I tried.
>>
>>27741749
>it looses electric immunity

Lightning rod anon.
>>
>>27740995
Is Alolan Cubone a confirmed Fire/Ghost too?
>>
>>27741821
Nope. Regular Cubone.
>>
>>27741821
Have you even been watching the Pokemon channel vids
>>
>>27741749
>>27741793
Ha! Whos the newfriend now newfriend?
>>
>>27740995
I know that feeling, OP. I'm thrilled that Raichu got its Alola form but now that means it'll probably not get a mega. (i'd love to be wrong, though)
>>
>>27741821
in the new Japanese trailer it shows a normal Cubone evolving into Alolan Marowak, same for Pikachu. Its implied those forms don't change, just the evolutions
>>
>>27740995
Isn't that a good thing? Even though I actually like quite a few megas.
>>
>>27741095
Make it Ghost/Ground Type in mega. Parent it bonds with is the dead mom.
>>
>>27740995
Honestly. I love Alolan Marowak.

>Ghost/Fire with Lightningrod
Immunity to Burn and (most) Paralysis in addition to Normal/Fighting/Electric. Plus (supposedly) being faster than a Haunter. Sweeper built.

>New moves + Old moves
They showed normal Cubone evolving into it, so it has all of Marowak's original movepool plus new moves (Ghost type Bone Club looking attack) and Will-O-Wisp at the very least. STAB boost on Fire Punch (or maybe Flare Blitz or other strong Fire moves new or old). Ghost doesn't have many good physical attacks without gimmicks, so we'll see on that.

>It's still a Marowak
Thick Club still works friends.

>Weaknesses/Downsides
Knock Off. This kills the already dead Marowak.
>>
>>27741793
>>27741909

Cursed Body > Lightning Rod
>>
>Mega: Marowak gets overdesigned, becomes stronger bar a collossal fuck-up
>Alola: Marowak gets recolored, may or may not become stronger

Pick your poison.
>>
I'd much rather a Huge Power mega Marowak than an Alolan Marowak with Lightning Rod.
>>
>>27742065
Have they confirmed that it's still a physical attacker? It seems like with the typing and lightning rod it's more built to be a special attacker. I would hope that it's still physical though.
>>
>crying that your favourite is getting attention in a big way like this that's heavily promoted
ebin
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 404x229px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 404x229px
>>27740995
I know those feels
>>
>>27742168
If it is a physical attacker, then it has all of old Marowak's attacks in addition to any new additions to use.

If it is a special attacker. Old Marowak still gets these moves:
-Ice Beam
-Blizzard
-Flamethrower
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-Ancient Power
-Icy Wind
-Earth Power

New Marowak being a Ghost type all but guarantees at the very least:
-Shadow Ball

If it does become a special attacker, hopefully GameFreak either a) buffs Thick Club into Light Ball boost or b) increases new Marowak's BST and shifts it around to suit the new Marowak's needs.

I doubt they will do either, so we can (safely?) assume Marowak remains a physical attacker.
>>
>>27742251
Rock Head would've been better for Flare Blitz then...
>>
>>27742446
I'm not John GameFreak anon and there is no guarantee Marowak will get Flare Blitz even. I am just speculating :^)
>>
>>27742457
I think it's liklely.

Fire Punch is just meh
>>
>>27742100
nope.
low elo detected
>>
>>27743320
Randomly disable a move or be immune to one type out of eighteen... Hmm.

Idk anon, only a retard would put a lot of thought into this.
>>
>tfw your bro gets an overpowered mega
>>
>>27740995
That's because megas are kill.
>>
>>27741954
It could also imply that any cubone, alolan or not, will evolve into alolan marowak if brought there

But it's probably just alolan marowak alone
>>
>>27743474
>maybe disable a contact move
>guaranteed immunity to Thunder wave on switch in

hmmm
>>
>>27740995
>People still complain that they finally implemented pokemon having different variations from region to region
>>
>>27742065
It's weird because they sort of advertise it as a defensive pokemon what with "banding together" and their new ability to use the "Not-so-powerful" Will-o-wisp.
>>
>>27747272
Disregard, I have terrible reading comprehension. I read partners differently.
>>
>>27740995

It really irks me that it's just a grayscaled Marowak. They should have left the skull and bone the same solid color, while the body turns dark and spectral and the eyes hollow. Then it would look like a ghostly body tethered to skeletal remains, which on its own is a cool theme for a ghost Pokemon, and would make Marowak look like it should have been a ghost type in the first place.

Seems like a missed opportunity.
>>
>>27740995
The funny part is that it looks more like a Mega than just an alternate Alola variant.

>added patterns and flames
>looks less plain and more threatening overall

Honestly it lends credence to the idea that maybe GF is scrapping the whole concept.
>>
6' against a 6'7 Tyrannitar No fucking way unless I get a lucky ass hi jump kick.
>>
Why is Cubone cool but Marowak so shitty and ugly looking?
>>
>>27748894
Cubone looks like it's wearing a skull, while Marowak's head is fused with the skull.
>>
>>27748641
GF is not scrapping anything. Seriously, if you hate Megas this much, just stop playinh anything after 5th gen.
>>
>>27748641

It's juts Marowak with a pattern and flames. No mega is that simplistic. Even Aerodactyl's spikes are a much more dramatic change.
>>
>>27748894
shit taste desu
>>
>>27749015

Wait.

Doesn't that mean the skulls are basically a family heirloom? If Marowak's skull fuses with it, and the it's child gets its skull, that's the same skull being passed down.
>>
>>27749077
That's basically Cubone's whole fucking story.
>>
>>27740995
yeah, I think ice sandslash is ok... :(
>>
File: 1360903606384.gif (3MB, 461x448px) Image search: [Google]
1360903606384.gif
3MB, 461x448px
>>27749077
>put two marowaks in the daycare
>hatch baby cubone
>both marowaks in the daycare are still alive with skulls intact
>>
File: rhydon aesethic.png (1MB, 1279x697px) Image search: [Google]
rhydon aesethic.png
1MB, 1279x697px
>>27740995
>>27741021
>>27749184
Is it like Gamefreak hate the Ground-type Pokémon. Am I right?
>>
File: JUST.jpg (30KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
30KB, 456x320px
>>27749252
>yfw you first saw rhyperior
>>
>>27749232
I like to imagine that Marowak are capable of shedding their skull kind of like an insect. As in, they can take it off to give to a child, but there's a smaller one inside it that grows out afterwards.
>>
>>27742065
>Knock Off
It's not like he'd be able to survive that in this form anyway.
>>
tfw no ghost ground parental bond marowak
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.