[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played any pokemon game I have a PC and a 3DS What should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 14115151.jpg (35KB, 398x366px) Image search: [Google]
14115151.jpg
35KB, 398x366px
Never played any pokemon game

I have a PC and a 3DS

What should I play first?

I've heard that Emerald, Black/White, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Platinum are good places to start
>>
>>27739441
Depends on how much you care, Yagrum.
The newest games (XY and ORAS) aren't reliably emulatable but they're extremely approachable (though you may find them too easy).
I recommend you play Black/White, then BW2 if you like the setting. If you don't, you can move on to XY or ORAS, either is fine and the order of the two doesn't matter.

If you want to see the series' evolution, I recommend playing FireRed/LeafGreen (GBA), Emerald (GBA), Platinum (DS), HeartGold/SoulSilver(DS), then the above order.
>>
>>27739496
Thanks anon. I really like playing GBA games on my phone so I'll probably play everything you mentioned. Also I recently got a flashcart so I'll be able to play DS games.
>>
>>27739441
How interested are you? If you really don't care, I'd say just play the highlights. Emerald, platinum, heart gold or soul silver, black2 or white2, and whatever of the 4 gen 6 game you'd like. I'd go with oras because more mega's/all current content (wont matter much soon) but if you'd like a new story instead of a remake go xy. Hell, even play super mystery dungeon if you get into it. Also i would avoid GO until you've completed at least one main series game.
If you really want to get into it, start with red/blue and go in order until you're done, but keep in mind this is a series made for kids, not that millions of adults don't love it, just keep that in mind and it'll help you not be so critical when judging it and probably help you enjoy it more.
>>
>>27739543
BW and its sequel have anti-piracy (can't earn EXP, etc) but those are circumvented automatically by newer carts.
Remember to not use the C-Gear though, it makes my flashcart freeze all the time.
>>
>>27739725
I haven't even touched GO and I don't know shit about Pokemon. I'm not expecting some amazing stories, I'm looking for a good time while maxing my party and listening to some chill music. Can I transfer Pokemon between games?

>>27739734
>Remember to not use the C-Gear though, it makes my flashcart freeze all the time.

Okay, I'll write it down to remember. Thanks.
>>
>>27739797
Not that anon, but while you can transfer Pokemon, it gets tricky going between generations, especially the older ones. The newer ones use a service called pokebank, which you need to sign up for online in order to use.
>>
>>27739852
Shit. I'd actually buy all the games but I heard that some of them cost over $100 and are hard to find online
>>
>>27739892
The only one that costs above average is HG/SS.
And that's because it had a limited run and came with a tamagotchi-esque device. There's nothing exclusive to be gained from those games mostly so if you want to buy them all but pirate HGSS, you're not missing out on much, transfer-wise.

You'll have to transfer stuff from Gen 3 to 4, then to 5, then to Pokebank (which includes Gens 5, 6 and upcoming 7)
>>
>>27739936
Okay, I'll buy them then. Thank you anon.
>>
>>27739441
FR/LG -> HG/SS -> Emerald(though you might find the graphics to be a little lackluster after HG/SS) -> Platinum -> B/W(skippable) -> B/W2(will mention B/W a shitload of times) -> X/Y
OR/AS is completely optional, but it's current and has everything up to date.
>>
>>27739441
I'd go Emerald > HGSS > Pt > B2W2

Preorder SuMo too.
>>
>>27739441
Don't bother with Platinum, it's shit. Go with B/W.
>>
>>27740666
This, for some reason people have a boner for Plat even though it's still a downgrade from gen 3.
>>
>>27740726
It's more like if you want to play gen 4 then platinum is the way to go, but only if you don't feel like skipping that gen
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.