[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys hate X and Y so much? Sure, it's easy but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: XY-logo[1].jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
XY-logo[1].jpg
35KB, 400x400px
Why do you guys hate X and Y so much? Sure, it's easy but I liked that it let you catch a variety of pokemon from multiple generations rather than sticking to new pokemon only until after the elite 4.
>>
>>27738697
>Things XY did well:
What you just said
>Things XY did poorly:
Everything else
>>
>>27738764
The fashion was good too
>>
XY (and even ORAS) just felt like a beta test for a generation.
>>
I liked it but the main thing that bothered me, and it probably shouldn't have as much as it did, was the preferential treatment Charizard got

I mean obviously from gen one charizard got more of the spotlight than the others but this was just crazy.

>WE'RE LETTING YOU PICK ONE OF THE THREE KANTO STARTERS. WHICH ONE WILL YOU PICK? IT'S COMPLETELY UP YO YOU *coughpickcharmandercough*
>WE DID A SPECIAL! IT'S ALL ABOUT CHARIZARD SO I DUNNO MAYBE HE'S PRETTY COOL HUH? FORGET THOSE OTHER GUYS
>HEY SO YOU KNOW HOW WE'RE GIVING OLDER POKEMON MEGA EVOLUTIONS? WELL CHARIZARD GETS TWO! AND EACH ONE IS VERSION EXCLUSIVE! YOU'D BE CRAZY NOT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT BY PICKING ONE OF THOSE OTHERS
>>
>>27738697
I just found it boring. I went back and played BW2 recently and found it to be much more engaging. ORAS were better in my opinion too. I think XY are just the low end of the series for me.
>>
>>27738697
I actually like how easy it was. I don't play pokemon to be challenged, I play it to grind and collect. I honestly replay it more than Diablo, and diablo is known for those aspects. I don't like being frustrated by games in general really, multiplayer aside.
>>
File: marie donut.jpg (49KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
marie donut.jpg
49KB, 582x582px
>let you catch a variety of pokemon from multiple generations rather than sticking to new pokemon only until after the elite 4.

See here's the thing. I don't care much about that and I know that's why gen 5 is mostly hated. I base the games on the content and the things I can do during and after the main game. XY barely had any content and to an lesser extent ORAS lack of battle frontier.

Complain all you(not you but people in general) like about gen 5's pokemon designs but never say the actual gameplay content was shit especially when compared to gen 6 games. Same for PT/HG/SS.
>>
>Things XY did well:
Able to catch a wide variety of Pokemon
Customization (it was limited but it existed)
Aesthetic was nice (kinda)
New pokemon were overall well made

>Things XY did poorly:
Evil team's motives
Gym Leaders were bland and easy to forget
Trevor & Tierno being considered "Rivals"
Mega Evolution for OP pokemon
Getting Mega Evolution after third gym
3000 Years ago plot without being properly explained
80ish new pokemon
HMs were still a thing
Riding pokemon was limited but at least it was there
After game is eh but it's not a main focus of the games
Sky battles were terrible
Inverse battles were terrible
Region map looked terrible
Region was flat and lacked depth and immersion

This is all I could think of for now. Add whatever u like or change it however you please.
>>
>>27738885
Holy shit, stop being such a titanic faggot. He's the most marketable starter, so he got two megas. Big whoop. Mewtwo also got two megas. I bet next you're gonna start crying about how Pikachu gets special treatment.
>>
>>27738697
>I liked that it let you catch a variety of pokemon from multiple generations rather than sticking to new pokemon only until after the elite 4
which is all fine and dandy, but putting 450+ guys in a region that isn't all that big is extremely overwhelming, especially when you don't get too many new ones. You could go through the whole game and not see some of the new mons
>>
>>27738697
I liked XY. It wasn't super remarkable, but I also didn't care for Gens IV and V either. But XY gave us that really cool deep lore. The only thing that I truly disliked was the post-game or lack thereof. Emerald really set the standard with the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>27739156
Letting you pick two starters was really imbalanced
>>27739248
I'm replaying XY and it does take awhile to find the new pokemon since there are so many.
>>
>>27738697
That's the problem. It's way to easy even if you turn off the EXP share and the game panders to genwunners.
>>
>>27738697
Better than ORAS
Currently my favorite
>>
>>27739280
>pokémon
>unbalanced
That's a lame complaint since the series has never been truly balanced. A child can faceroll any single game. If you're worried about that, you have to handcuff yourself.
>>
XY frustrates me more than any other game in the series because theres so much wasted potential. It could have been great, the best in the series, but it ended up being the worst.

At least it had cute girls.
>>
>>27739346
Imbalanced was the wrong word to use. My apologies. I mean more so letting you choose 2 starters is strange. The idea of a starter per region is it's unique and it's your partner for your journey in that region. I know you can just not use the kanto starter (I boxed my kanto starter) but it still just sits wrong with me.
>>
>>27738697
It didn't appeal to me. The overworld and models (besides in battle) seemed super ugly to me, and it was all still tile and square based which made it seem rough.

Kalos itself didn't do anything for me. It felt like the entire region was confused with what it was supposed to be, like it wasn't sure to be based off france or have every biome in existence.

Route 14 though, is my favorite route in the series.

The music was ok, nothing too memorable except for a select few themes.

Pokemon didn't appeal to me at all, it was the first time I couldn't like any of the starters.

Too easy, too.
Mega Evolution could have been cool, but they gave it to Pokemon who didn't need it which is a shame because I thought the whole concept of it was to make weaker Pokemon more viable, not strong Pokemon stronger.

Your friends that followed you EVERYWHERE were super annoying, the gym leaders and NPC's were very forgettable, and Kalos has the worst villainous team in all of the series.

I hate X and Y man, like I was so hyped but it turned out to be such a disappointment.
>>
>>27738951
Gen 5 will always be based for having ONLY new Pokemon until you beat the game. Really wish that stuck around.
>>
>>27739213
Not that guy but that's not the same. You're not given a choice whether you should pick Pikachu or Mewtwo over other pokemon.

I can definitely understand WHY gamefreak and nintendo do what they do with charizard and greninja but when it comes to starters I'd prefer it if they treated them at least somewhat equally. What they did with Charizard XY is give three choices to people and push one of them way up to their faces.
>>
>>27739403
>The worst
>Not Diamond and Pearl
>>
>>27739487
I wish there was more diversity early in the game though. You can pretty much only catch Lillipup, Pidove, and Patrat until the second gym. Kinda boring running into exactly the same pokemon over and over again, but yeah I agree it was a cool thing to do.
>>
>>27739523
I agree it should have been more diverse for sure, and for the generation that introduced the most new Pokemon that shouldn't be a problem right? Oh well.

Here's hoping Alola has only Alola Pokemon and only Alolan Forms/Pokemon that evolve into Alolan Forms.
>>
>>27739248
Yeah I understand why that might be frustrating. I think it's down to personal preference but I liked the way it was done, I like having that choice and when I really liked a new pokemon (like Pancham. Noibat too but it came way too late) I made sure to seek it out while still being able to use some of my more traditional favourites.
>>
File: 1384790646007.jpg (663KB, 800x664px) Image search: [Google]
1384790646007.jpg
663KB, 800x664px
>>27739508
I had less hopes and expectations of Diamond and Pearl.
>>
Favorite Pokemon?
>>
>>27738697
>but I liked that it let you catch a variety of pokemon from multiple generations rather than sticking to new pokemon only until after the elite 4.
That's a bad thing. I want to try out new toys, not see the same old shit.
>>
>>27739523
The worst thing is a fair amount of the better pokemon that gen were only catchable relatively late in the game and had crazy high final evolution levels
>>
>>27738697
XY isn't as bad as /vp/ says, but well, it wasn't the best either. I mean, new 'Mons was great and region had some comfy places too, but still, the game is fucked up technically.

What kills me the most is our "group of friends", enemy team, region which in main part is just a clusterfuck (but as I said, it had nice places) and this story, which had some potential. AND difficulty level.

XY did, of course, some good things, like customization, had a lot of Pokemon (IMO Kanto Starter was a bit out of place) gave us Mega Evolution and - well, magical 3D which is used rarely.

Being completely honest, I can't play this game. I beat it once and I have feeling that that was first and last time. I just can't understand why everybody says how awesome are you, why game makes you do centain things, why it is so easy (even without using Amie and Exp. Share) and why enemy team is so FUCKING retarted.
>>
>>27738885
I agree with you. I hate how much preferential treatment charizard got. Literally hated him since gen 1 and now hes just getting his dick stroked because he KIND of looks like a dragon.
>>
Anyone wanna turn this into a "Fix Kalos" thread?
>>
Not to mention that Edgelord Dragonzard gets way more preferential treatment than what should have been his only Mega
>>
>>27739709
Really should have just given him his Y mega. Thats really the only one that he deserves.
>>
>>27739709
>tfw you prefer Y because Charizard is one of your favourites and that retains more of his original qualities but that's the mega that may as well not exist

But I agree even for me, marketing or not, I think they pushed the charizard thing way too far
>>
>>27739793
even in SSB, fuck the pokemon trainer, an interesting and complicated character to pick
>"now just play Charizard because suck our dicks"
>>
>>27738885
You could get the Charizarite later on even if you didn't pick Charmander though, so it literally doesn't matter.
>>
Sometimes I think I'm the only one who liked the Berry Field. Did anyone else? Would be interesting if they expanded it or gave it a Rune Factory-like spinoff where you collect pokemon for your farm, raise crops, but still have adventures?
>>
>>27740192
I thought the berry field was really cool actually. It would be cool to have a little farm you manage for money as a side job in the game. You could get moomoo milk from taking care of miltanks and farm berries too.
>>
>>27740192
I dunno, it was cool, but I still prefer the berry pots from HGSS. Maybe if they gave it a bit more debt it could work.
>>
>>27739248
I kind of prefer what Kalos did with having so many pokemon in the regional dex. While it can be tricky to find the new ones, the sheer variety of pokemon on each route is really nice. It's great to be able to go through the first few routes and not just see the same bird, rat, and bug over and over again.

I dislike Kalos for other reasons, but route variety was a big point in its favor.
>>
BW2 did it better

I don't dislike XY though, the difficulty in particular is the least of its problems
>>
>>27739280
shit, your first encounter, the SCRIPTED encounter, wasn't even with a gen VI pokemon, it was with a pidgey
>>
>>27738697
I definitely don't hate it, way better than 4th and 5th Generation crap
>>
>>27740293
The variety was nice, but it was a bit too much. I ended the game with almost 300 Pokemon seen, I couldn't even try to recall what's in the Regional dex. With only 71 new Pokemon, and some 450 Pokemon, anything new just gets drowned out. I like having a mix of new and old, but it NEEDS to lean heavily towards new.

I just finished playing SS for the first time and it fucking killed me how hard it was to get proper Johto Pokemon. Everything I wanted to use was so late in the game it was why god damn bother, a bunch of Safari zone only Pokemon, and why the fuck is Rattata still everywhere when it could at least be Sentret/Furret. It was so god damn stupid.
>>
>>27738885
>preferential treatment was crazy

No it wasn't. The special wasn't about charizard, you just prefer to see it that way because you're a whiner. Charizard was only in two episodes, one of which it got its ass kicked by Giovanni and that was all. Stop pretending like the rest of the origins story didn't exist.

>but why did red pick charizard
Because it's the most marketable and popular

Charizard got two megas because the fanbase has been complaining that it's not part dragon since it's inception. So they created X for those fans and then Y as the more natural mega. Sorry you're asspained that GF listened to its fans.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.