[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post yfw when all SM pokemon are gimmick-based and not one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: greninja sweat.png (67KB, 504x360px) Image search: [Google]
greninja sweat.png
67KB, 504x360px
Post yfw when all SM pokemon are gimmick-based and not one will be OU or even UU
>>
>>27737944
>pokeman tiers
get a job
>>
File: laughing face.jpg (40KB, 557x612px) Image search: [Google]
laughing face.jpg
40KB, 557x612px
>>27738168
>Browses /vp/
>>
>>27737944
>yfw when
>your face when when
>>
no f cause i dont care cause smogon is trash and competitive pokemon in general is a fucking joke
>>
>>27737944
>Not using an anti meta team

also Smogon is for fags, VGC or bust nigga
>>
Play doubles
faggot
>>
>>27738284
>>27738316
Most of them won't be good in doubles either you absolute retards.
>>
>>27738342
>Alola Raichu with rain+electric terrain support
>Mimikyu as a setter/status effect since he gets a free turn to do whatever, possibly high SpD
>Lurantis + Sunny day support
>Mudsdale+Healer

This is from the top of my head, there's room to experiment and come up with good combinations and strategies. I just forget that Smogonfags can't play without cookie cutter teams.
>>
>>27738254
Exactly.
>>
>yfw when
>frogposter
>competitive
it all comes together
>>
>>27738529

>Lurantis
>Good
>Ever
>>
>>27738529
>I just forget that Smogonfags can't play without cookie cutter teams.

>Thinks VGC doesn't have cookie cutter teams as well
>>
>>27738254
Lemme guess, you're picking the owl with the crippling typing right?
>>
File: aaaaa.png (39KB, 337x144px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.png
39KB, 337x144px
>mfw i'm a piece of shit who LIVES AND BREATHES for ridiculous gimmicks and off-the-wall shenanistrats

Gen VI pleases me, deeply, viscerally
>>
>>27738284
>VGC
oh, you mean the meta where you can choose from like 10 different pokemon while everything else gets shat on by the groudons and mega milfs?
>>
>>27740660

>tfw you would be that guy, but gamefreak's idea of gimmicks are always either pure shit or total cancer with no middle ground
>>
Half of Kalos was the same shit, just those weird exclusive abilities were mostly Hidden instead of normal like Alola.

>>27738529
>Rain AND Electric Terrain is a lot of support for one Pokémon, who is fucking Raichu so not exactly strong to begin with.
>Mimikyu is going to have fuck all stats and you know it.
>What about Lurantis makes it seem more exceptional than the thousand other existing grass types with sun abilities?
>Healer
>>
>caring about the worst tiers in Smogon

Don't mind me. Just having fun using mons I actually like in RU, NU, and PU.
>>
>>27740806

Not that anon, but I'm hoping Mimikyu will be able to survive even with shit stats. 3 abilities + disguise gives it a lot of free turns. It depends on what it's moveset is like more than anything.

Also, Raichu will be fine in doubles

>Turn 1, send in Tapu Koko and Raichu
>Switch Tapu Koko for Politoed and use Nasty Plot with Raichu
>Spam Surf and Thunder
>>
File: 1416985280277.jpg (19KB, 254x477px) Image search: [Google]
1416985280277.jpg
19KB, 254x477px
>>
>>27740929
>1 weather setter and 1 terrain setter in VGC
>1 raichu
>1 slot for an actually decent mon

Compared to Kingdra, Raichu is lackluster. Unless Alola formes give straight up stat bonuses, or Alola Raichu miraculously has its Speed and SpAtk switched,
>>
>>27741200
>Compared to Kingdra, Raichu is lackluster
Kingdra's attack stats are only 5 points higher than Raichu's and doesn't have a single stat above 95.
>>
>>27741373
It also doesn't require Electric Terrain on top of rain to function.
>>
>>27741457
Neither does Raichu, I'm not the autist saying that it needs rain on top of Electric Terrain.
>>
>>27741503
Well then why the fuck are we talking about Raichu specifically if we're not factoring in Surge Surfer.
>>
>>27741642
>reading comprehension
I said it doesn't need RAIN to function.
>>
File: Azumarill Poderosa.png (172KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Azumarill Poderosa.png
172KB, 400x300px
>mfw I don't care about competitive
>>
>>27737944
Well, not all pokemon can be viable. If everyone was viable, then no one would be. Also, I think we all know by now to never completely judge a pokemon until we know the stats. For example, no one ever thought that Greninja and Aegislash would be Uber, and that Pancham and Pangoro would completely fall out of relevance alltogether
>>
The legendary ones could be OU despite shit typing.
>>
>>27738316
I'd play doubles if they had a no protect/protect variants tier. When they tested Stealth Rockless OU I loved it.
>>
>tfw faggots iit talking how competitive pokémon is bullshit
>why should anyone care about competitive
>meanwhile TPC is increasing prize money for its major tournaments.

Y'all faggots in denial about people caring about competitive Pokémon.
>>
>>27741373
And Raichu only has one stat above 95 (speed)
It has significantly worse bulk, which matters with when it's weak to two common priority moves. There's more, but when you consider Kingdra isn't even great in doubles right now, I seriously doubt Raichu will see much use.
>>
>>27741985

To be fair, regular Raichu is pretty decent in doubles. It has access to Fake Out and Encore and it's the fastest user of that combo outside of M-Lopunny.
Which means it can Fake Out predicted Fake Out users (like Kangaskhan), then encore them. Giving you a free turn to set up as your enemy is forced to switch out.
Raichu can even do decent damage if your partners spams Discharges boosting Raichu's SpA.

Of course, this is gimmicky. But it can work.
Dunno how it'll work out for A-Raichu who doesn't have Lightning Rod, though.
>>
File: 1414277666498.png (127KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1414277666498.png
127KB, 720x720px
It's a good day when the tiers don't matter. That's right, the tiers are just like the panties on a Japanese schoolgirl: they don't matter.
>>
>>27740686
this

Don't forget no fuckign sleep clause.
>>
>>27740686
>VGC
LMAO ruined by last generation
>>
Reminder that gimmicks can work
>aegislash
>greninja
>sableye
>politoed
>ninetails
>cloyster
>klefki
All of these are good because of their gimmicks, granted gen 6 kind of made sableye a little worse, and politoed and ninetails shit but the meta is such a mess that only 30 Pokemon are viable with or without gimmicks.
>>
>>27737944
It will be fun watching smogonfags tear themselves a new asshole.
>>
I just want them to give meloetta that dancer ability
>>
With how some new abilities and Pokemon seemingly being thought with double battles in mind, I could see the more delusional smogonfags saying GF is actively sabotaging them to force people playing the inferior VGC or something along these lines.
>>
File: 1405839137964.png (184KB, 439x478px) Image search: [Google]
1405839137964.png
184KB, 439x478px
>>27737944
>mfw one of those gimick mons will have a gimick that can fuck with smogon's precious meta and be immediately b&
>>
File: 1470718615095.png (238KB, 422x201px) Image search: [Google]
1470718615095.png
238KB, 422x201px
>mfw faggots still care about competition in a childrens game about friendship
>>
>>27745007
A pokemon with a "coinflip" ability would be hilarious. The opponent has a 50% chance to hit you, but you take double damage.
>muh skill
>quickban
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.