[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so what makes Rockruff special that it has something that shares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Rockruff_concept_2.jpg (40KB, 494x608px) Image search: [Google]
Rockruff_concept_2.jpg
40KB, 494x608px
so what makes Rockruff special that it has something that shares with the starters

and no Rockruff is for keeping company only, none of that gutter mind
>>
>>27732709
The two theories are either it has multiple evolutions which the starters might also have.

Or it has multiple evolutions but which one you get depends on your starter.
>>
File: 1463630482870.gif (1MB, 380x206px) Image search: [Google]
1463630482870.gif
1MB, 380x206px
THIS IS NEW LUCARIO AND ZOROARK(test)
YOU ALL WILL LIKE IT AND LOVE IT
>>
>>27732722
This.
For my sanity im banking on the split evos but itll probably be the latter...
>>
>>27732722
Or it has 2 forms for it's evolution: one for the day and one for the night. Same thing for the starters.

Or 4 evolution forms, depending on the island where the pokemon is evolving
>>
File: 1470643711578.gif (2MB, 308x267px) Image search: [Google]
1470643711578.gif
2MB, 308x267px
>>27732722
>Evolution depends on the starter you choose
>Secret connects with the starters
I actually would be okay with this. Better than the fusion concept
>>
>>27732779
>fusion

wat
>>
Its collar is a Z-bracelet and its evolution depends on what Z-crystal(between Grass, Fire and Water crystals) it had equipped before evolving.
>>
>>27732790
Its collar is a Z-bracelet and its evolution depends on what Z-crystal it had equipped before evolving
Having its evolution based on your choice of starter is much more simpler than remembering to equip it with a crystal.
>>
>>27732830
>*
Fuck my ass
>>
I'm guessing he'll have to learn Howl and then it changes from there.
"Rockruff are very friendly Pokemon but their personalities become rougher as they grow. Howling at dusk is evidence their evolution is near. When evolving, they will seperate from the trainer and return once their evolution is complete" -Official Nintendo Entry
>>
>>27732722

From the official site:
>Rockruff is a sociable Pokémon, but as it grows, its disposition gets wilder. If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it’s close to evolving. It’s said that it leaves its Trainer’s side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved.

If it has multiple evos, they are likely to be determined by the location or time of departure.

Could also be that it has a traditional leveling up evolution and a different evolution for letting it leave.
>>
>>27732722
>Or it has multiple evolutions but which one you get depends on your starter.

This seems the strongest candidate to me, split evolution starters seems very unlikely.

On the other hand if you asked me six months ago if they'd do a main game without gym leaders...
>>
>>27732779
but that would be shit. What if Rockruff/Litten becomes OU, but you choosed Rowlet, so you need to transfer it to a game, where the player chose litten? What if I bread it and have all three starters? Does its depend on which starter I got in the team?

this thing with starters is nice with roaming legendaries, but total bullshit with normal mons.
>>
The starter choice effecting the pooch is stupid. How the fuck are you supposed to evolve it in future games? Why would choosing a sea lion effect it's evolotion? It makes no sense.

Day and night alternates are my bet. The howling at the moon line in its bio is too fishy.
>>
>>27732709
Guys its fucking collar is a Z ring, it'll evolve into whatever type Z crystal its holding. Think Arceus andits plates but permanent
>>
>>27733015
What does that have to do with the Starters?
>>
>>27732967
Day/Night alternatives for pooch and starters. The evos will be version exclusive in sun and moon, but tied to time of day in future games.
We already had charizard X and Y, so version exclusive starter forms aren't too far fetched.
>>
>>27732722
The idea of evolutions being based on which starter you picked is just weird to me.

Like, will they look like the starters? Will they have a type to cover the starters weaknesses? Will there be another way to get each variation? Will Rockruff have a fourth evolution solely based on Rockruff itself?
>>
>>27732722
As long as it's multiple evolutions take up the same pokedex slot, I'm okay with this.
>>
>>27732709
Shape change ala ash greninja while using a z-move.
>>
>>27732926
>OU
>playing on cart
>>
>>27732722
I wouldn't mind if Rockruff turned out to be the Pan of this gen desu.
>>
File: IMG_20160812_102425.jpg (166KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160812_102425.jpg
166KB, 564x800px
They're definitely pushing Rockruff for some reason. I think he's going to have night/day evos. At least one Pokemon is going to this gen. Gotta be.
>>
>>27732709

It's the starter of the new protagonist, so it's basically a starter
>>
>>27732709
Even if that's autistic, I still wanna it as a regular Starter.
>>
Night and day split evo, one a wolf, the other a werewolf, one or both changes type depending on the equipped Z-stone. OR, the evos gain a 2nd type based on what z-stone it is holding when it evolves.
>>
>>27733875
>I think he's going to have night/day evos.

Thats not really anything new though, so why make such a big deal out of it? And whats the secret he shares with the starters then?
>>
>>27736573
Split evos based on day/night at a level would be new, or having the type based on the Z stones would be. Also they never said it was unique.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.