[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>20th anniversary >hasnt been visited since the GBA era

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: pokemon_red_blue_main_169.jpg (211KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_red_blue_main_169.jpg
211KB, 588x331px
>20th anniversary
>hasnt been visited since the GBA era
>alolan forms have so far been exclusively gen 1, meaning youd have to get them from somewhere else to get the originals
>transferring from gen 1 to gen 7 is possible
>your alolan character comes from kanto
>no pokemon league in alola
The reasons why a Gen 1 remake would make total sense are piling up, /vp/. What are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>27730167
Damn, you might be right, I'm now convinced that the next games will be Kanto remakes
you fucking retard
>>
>>27730167
>The reasons why a Gen 1 remake would make total sense are piling up, /vp/.
No they aren't. Hell most of your reasons are against a remake.
>>
just reboot gen 1 as a mobile game and draw in some of the Pokemon go nostalgia crowd.
>>
>>27730167
>>hasnt been visited since the GBA era
Say, what's this "eshop" business?
>>
>>27730167
You just listed reason's why it wouldn't make sense. Why put in money when the eshop versions pander to nostalgia just fine?
>>
If only they'd just released a game that let you transfer kanto pokemon to SM
>>
>>27730167
>The reasons why a Gen 1 remake would make total sense are piling up, /vp/. What are you gonna do about it?
uh no. did you not see the 20th anniversary special? they said RBY will be compatible with SM via the Pokebank. Thats it.
>>
File: Dinosaur_King_Artbox.jpg (63KB, 422x379px) Image search: [Google]
Dinosaur_King_Artbox.jpg
63KB, 422x379px
I'm actually pretty damn certain that gen 4 is getting the remakes, it'd be 10 years old and I'm pretty sure ORAS not coming out in gen 5 was a stylistic choice. Seriously fuck Kanto
>>
>>27730167
retardalert.gif
>>
>>27730277
>I'm actually pretty damn certain that gen 4 is getting the remakes
Eh, I doubt any more remakes are happening again. They make more money with new games and with the VC they can just dump the game.
>>
>>27730167
>>hasnt been visited since the GBA era
The gen 2 remakes had Kanto. Gen 5 was the first set of games that didn't resist Kanto.
>>
>>27730167
>alolan forms have so far been exclusively gen 1, meaning youd have to get them from somewhere else to get the originals
It's almost like we have software for that to transfer said Pokemon who were already in previous 3DS games!
>>
Replaying kanto on the 7th gen engine could be enjoyable, but if its just sevii and kanto it would be lacking content for the 40 euros, it would make more sense to have kanto and johto stories in one game at this age and time, especially since gen IV remakes are also expected, so to not fuck up the new era timeline or something
>>
Red and Blue remakes will be the next remakes, stay mad anti gen 1 people. It's the only gen that isn't on a DS or higher now.
>>
>>27730277
It's too early for remakes, the ds-3ds jump is nowhere near enough.
>>27730635
That's fucking stupid, remakes sell just as much as regular games.
>>
RBY remakes will be the first remakes on the NX, I have inside sources.
>>
>>27730635
>They make more money with new games
You're pretty stupid anon
>>
>>27730167
Well the Chinese leaker said the ss anne is in SM. We might be able to revisit kanto
>>
>>27730942
Are you dumb? Gen one was put on the virtual console, making it unnecessary for them to remake it
>>
>>27730167
I would prefer a reimagining than a flat out remake. I feel like that would give them more liberties too.
>>
>>27731034
This, i feel like they would want to change a lot of things about the story that they couldnt because gameboy is an 8bit grandpa
>>
>>27730167
It would be horrible timing seeing as it would make releasing the digital copies pretty much fucking stupid and pointless

I mean, they'd release these and expect people to buy them then turn around and expect the customers to buy a prettier version of the shit we just bought and beat? Bad marketing so I doubt they'd do it and if they were going to do it at all it would have been this year
>>
>>27730167
>RBY was in kanto
>GSC traveled to kanto
>FRLG was in kanto
>HGSS traveled to kanto
Kanto can fuck off. If you want to go back then play any of the first 4 generations.
>>
>>27730945
>That's fucking stupid, remakes sell just as much as regular games.
No they always sell less.
Think about it what would make them more money. A new game, another new game and a VC release or a new game and a remake.
>>
>>27730167
>transferring from gen 1 to gen 7 is possible
You just answered your own point.
>>
>>27731426
Remakes are also substantially easier for them to make. They're not going to stop doing them.
>>
>>27731538
>Remakes are also substantially easier for them to make.
Eh, considering the precedent ORAS set in terms of changes I don't think that'll be the case with subsequent games. Then there's stuff like variants and what not as well as the region in general.
At that point you may as well make a new game and get a bigger profit.
>>
Can I just say that Nintendo could do Gen 1 remakes every other year and I would purchase and play the shit out of both versions

Kanto is my fucking home.
>>
File: image.png (692KB, 1800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
692KB, 1800x1100px
Personally, I'd want a remake of B/W2. That game had a great region that would look amazing.

And mostly for Rosa in 3D, sweet sweet Jesus. All the fanart. The problem is it's a crapshoot and they'd most likely reboot the inferior entry in the series, B/W. Although it'd be fucking cool if they had like, 4 people you could choose from (all the main characters) and depending who you chose, the story could be interacted with in a different way.

It would screw up the continuity of the original games though, but whatever. Gen 5 had the highest amount of comfy areas and characters. I mean, Rosa, Elesa, Skyla, Bianca, Roxie, even your own fucking mom. Plus, if they don't cut out any content, you also get any older waifus in too, like Erika, or old friends like Lt. Surge.

I'll probably be an old man before it happens. Also why does literally every single good artist who used to do Pokemon art also do/have now moved exclusively to doing KanColle? It happened to my favourite artist and now I see it everywhere. What the fuck, man?

>tfw top tier fanart like this no longer is being drawn and only low tier fetish shit/off model art with plate sized nipples on sandbag tits are being made
>>
>>27731660
>Personally, I'd want a remake of B/W2.
Nah, it would have to be another sequel for the original dragon and return of the BW1 protag
>>
>>27730978
>>27730978
But the S.S.Anne travels the world retard so it would make sinse to stop at a fucking port to get stuff.
>>
The next game after Sun&Moon will be a remake take a look at thw history. The next game will be Dp(p) with platinum mixed between the two with a "delta episode" & "an okay" post game.
>>
>>27730167
We've already had remakes of gens 1 and 2, I find it unlikely we receive another.
What is WAY more likely is we get a Kanto/Johto sequel.
>>
Kanto is post game

mark my word

Alola is little region, with no badge, no league, and a very low lvl curve ( team skull leader lvl 30 at the 3rd island )

The principal character comes to alola from Kanto for hollidays

what do you do at the end of the hollidays ?

You come back home
>Kanto
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 91x94px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 91x94px
>>27730167
hope to gosh this little dank soul is in it. i'll find but untill then I got purple on my mind so....im goofing u fukbois2slowstilleh?
>>
>>27731781
We're more likely to see the Sevii Islands in SuMo than ever seeing Kanto.
>>
>>27731781
I dont have a set of skill that ive earned in my short life i will not find you but on the internet i can do one thing, and that one this is calling you a faggot.
>>
Ive been saying this sence before Oras.
>>
>>27731781
I agree it's obvious the S&M islands aren't the only place we are gonna go
>>
>>27731817
but i have your daughter
>>
>>27731772
>take a look at thw history.
You mean the history they've been breaking?
Also don't expect Plat mixed in if they do remake it, the only reason crystal shit got into HGSS was because it didn't change the game.
>>
>>27731426
A VC re-release is all profit though. When they make a whole new game they're already losing money because they have staff to pay.
>>
Kanto is a boring region built on the limitations of a 20 year old system. If they remake Kanto to fit GenVII they'd have to redesign the entire region to not be a big square anymore with a house and Gym for a city. There is also little to no variation in vegetation present in the Kanto region, making it look super fucking boring when compared to Sun and Moon. It would only sell because of nostalgia, but they cannot leave the old region everyone knows intact if they want to release a remake this gen.
>>
>>27731727
God, i'd jizz on sakurais wifes face to get that
>>
>>27731883
Exactly, the VC release pays for the development of the new game and it's more than likely they'll make enough to put down too.
>>
Personally, I think there might be an option for venturing back to Kanto. I doubt a remake though.
>>
>>27730635
ORAS actually sold almost as well as XY. If anything I'd say we're even more likely to get remakes now.
>>
>>27730942
RBY VC you dummy
>>
>>27730167
I'm as big a fan of Kanto as anybody but even I couldn't see this happening, not for a good few years at least. Kanto in full 3D would definitely sell, maybe they'll do it on the NX if it really is a console-portable hybrid like people suggest.

It'd have to be really fucking good though. If we're ever going back to Kanto it should be the last time, with all the best hits. I'm talking
>At least every feature from FRLG, no 'streamlining' like ORAS did
>Heavily redesigned/expanded routes and dungeons, we gridless 3D now, old tile based puzzles won't cut it
>Sevii Islands in 3D
>A battle facility to rival the Frontier
>Some features (starter follows you?) and encounter rates from Yellow
>An over the top post game story for Mewtwo like in Pokemon Origins
>Make Cinnabar Island an actual Tube Volcano seeing as its looked like that in every single official map of Kanto
>No locking Johto Pokemon and breeding out of the main game - I want that Crobat early on
>Since we can't have slot machines in the Rocket Game Corner, replace them with a Team Rocket pinball game or an emulation of the original Pokemon Pinball or something
Something like that, I would buy. But if they're just going to do a lazy, by the numbers remake then they might as well do a less worn out region instead
>>
>>27730277
I don't doubt we'll get gen IV remakes next, but I don't think it's imminent (read: not during gen VII). We didn't get remakes during V, so there's a precedent for this, and someone else once pointed out there hasn't been two sets of remakes for the same system; I was remade on GBA, II was remade on DS, and III was remade on 3DS. I know, I know, >muh patterns, but it does seem to hold up that we'll see IV remakes on whatever the 3DS successor is.
>>
File: 1468946594131.png (114KB, 688x478px) Image search: [Google]
1468946594131.png
114KB, 688x478px
>>27731933
>Kanto is a boring region
>little to no variation in vegetation
>It would only sell because of nostalgia
>>
>>27732470
None of this will happen.
Especially the features part because there's no demand for them.
>>
>>27732470

>pokemon TCG 2 in English finally

Based team rocket
>>
>>27732579
I mean, he's kind of right, and that's coming from a huge Kanto fan. HGSS went some way towards sprucing up Kanto in terms of visual variety, but they'd need to do that x5 to make it stand out now that we've gone full 3D. It needs more interesting longer routes, extra areas, bigger dungeons. Vanilla Kanto wouldn't cut it for a new entry into the mainline games.
>>
>>27732621
Probably not, I'm just saying I wouldn't want to go back to Kanto unless it actually was padded out with new features. Obviously I don't expect modern Game Freak to put in anywhere near that amount of effort.
>>
>>27732647
Kanto is fine. You're just a shill.
>>
>>27732699
No. Anyone who seriously believes that Kanto is as developed to the same level as Unova or Hoenn is deluded. FRLG was basically Kanto: In Colour. We're at 3D and vastly improved graphics since then. We need more than a new can of paint and Kanto: In 3D for the games to be memorable or evolve anything past something to arouse your nostalgia.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.