[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else playing through RBY on Virtual Console in preparation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: pokemonrerelease-159027.jpg (112KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonrerelease-159027.jpg
112KB, 655x380px
Anyone else playing through RBY on Virtual Console in preparation for Sun and Moon? I'm trying to complete the Pokedex in Yellow with the help of friends.
>>
Yeah I got to koga but got bored and then went back to complete the national dex on oras/xy . I started a speed run for fun and got to misty but ill probably start a new game soon :) I have red as its what my first game was lol .

What's your team ? :)
>>
I played through Red recently and it was fucking awful. I'm really going to appreciate the graphics and extra bag space in Sun and Moon.
>>
>>27730326
Yeah, going through Yellow and feeling the same thing. Grinding is a fucking chore. Trying to train anything from the Safari Zone is a fucking pain, which sucks since half my team came from it.
>>
Yeah I'm going through with a charmander, usually go with bulbasaur, but I want like 3 pokemon that are weak to fire. But My current team is Charmeleon, Gloom, and Fearow. I want to add Exeggutor, Venomoth, and some water mon.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>27730078
Been chugging through yellow for the first time in a while.
As a kid I used a very Ash team of Pikachu, Evolved starters, Pidgeot, and Butterfree. I made it through the E4 but was never able to take down the rival.

It's great going through it again now trying to finally defeat them with an original team/move set and maybe even complete the dex.
I just beat Koga and I'm wandering about for the time being. Safari Zone was always my favorite spot.

Are any of you guys glitching/cheating? I did the Mew glitch for the dex data and to see if the transfer will work for S/M but I'll probably train it up after I complete the game once though.
>>
>>27730590
Using the Mew glitch to get the version exclusives is the best way to do it desu.
>>
>>27730617
I have a wife for that.

or I can just temporarily steal her 2DS to get them.
>>
File: image1.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
imported me a yellow pikachu 2ds not too long ago, pic related, which was technically a big waste of money but ocd made me do it since I had the yellow gameboy as a kid and whatnot

anyway was replaying yellow and i have no desire to play it when i can just get a nidoking 20 minutes in with the moon stone after brock, and then proceed to stomp everything with a single pokemon until the credits
>>
>>27730667
Did you hack it?
>>
>>27730674
Sorry, you mean like to address the region-lock, or because it's in Japanese, or what?
>>
File: Pokemon-Stadium-02.jpg (58KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Stadium-02.jpg
58KB, 640x440px
>>27730078
Finished Yellow back in February - March when I got it. I am aiming to complete the Pokedex for the very fucking first time but I don't have any friends who have the old ass games as well, so I have to abuse the Mew Glitch to insane lengths.
Got 145 out of 151 Pokemon still need Weedle, Alakazam, Weezing, Porygon, Dragonite and Mewtwo. I'm essentially E4 grinding Weezing to level 35 and after that I'll grind my strongest mons and pray that they will hit the Special Stat that corresponds to Weedle and Alakazam and if possible Porygon but I may have enough cash to buy the fucker then.
Dratini is DayCare'd so that's a matter of patience and I want to make Mewtwo my last and final catch to make it a special conclusion.

After I'm done with all that, I'm gonna play Red which I recently bought due to a eShop sale.
>>
Best pokemons sprites ever.
Not kidding, I love pokemon blue/red sprites.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.