[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's assume the Water Arcanine leak is legit. What are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: water arcanine.gif (1MB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
water arcanine.gif
1MB, 467x350px
Let's assume the Water Arcanine leak is legit. What are you hoping for? A big blue dog that likes to swim? What about the other leaked Alola forms?

>Arcanine
>Fire/Water
>likes to swim, which makes it covered in a blanket of steam pretty much all the time
>learns Scald by level-up
>has White Smoke
>>
It's not legit; same exact "leak" said Fire/Fairy Ninetales.
>>
>>27729490
Wrong leak nigga
>>27729465
I was hoping for blue Arcanines with smoothed out stripes and maybe bubbles or flowing water as fur
>>
>>27729490
>let's assume
It's a hypothetical.
>>
>>27729465
I want to take advantage of those spread legs
>>
>>27729519
>Wrong leak
no, it was the exact same post that said Fire/Fairy Ninetales
we've also seen regular Growlithe in trailers. It's not going to happen.
>>
>>27729639
I hate to say it but
>Wrong leak nigga
>>
>>27729465
The map of Alola appears to have geysers on it.
Boiling water erupting from the Earth is probably the best explanation for a possible Fire/Water form of Arcanine.
>>
>>27729639
Not all pokemon we see in these trailers like wild Magnezone will be in the game. Also Cubone was shown to evolve into Alolan Marowak, so really even if Growlith was shown, it wouldn't exculde the possibility of it getting a form. Plus, Ninetales got one, so Arcanine has to as well.
>>
File: alola growthlithe arcanine.png (141KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
alola growthlithe arcanine.png
141KB, 500x395px
>>27729465
Pic related. Pure water rather than trying to mix the two.
>>
>>27729465
Literally my mom's arcanine on a surfboard.
>>
File: 1470226728874.png (456KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1470226728874.png
456KB, 1024x1024px
I like how this one has it's fur look wet and almost dreadlocked. Don't really like how a lot of them add fins and shit, looks too much like vaporeon.
>>
It propably has some kind of lifeguard theme going on. Swimming after drowning people and carrying them to safety.
>>
>>27730750
Yes and Beedrill got a mega so Butterfree has to as well! Your line of reasoning is really cute.

It was Arcanine that was shown, by the way, not Growlithe.
>>
>>27730750
Beedrill has a mega and butterfree doesn't so not really, and it was arcanine they showed not growlithe.
>>
>>27730976
Hivemind. You didn't have to be so cunty though dude.
>>
>>27729465
>White Smoke
It's almost like you want it to be shit
>>
>>27729490

he was right about the Fairy Part.

so half-truths.

I really hope for a Water/Fire Arcanine.
>>
>>27730976
>>27730750

Butterfree doesn't have one, yet. Plus, Arcanine and Ninetales have been established for already a very long time as counterparts and having a strong connection one with each other.

And yeah, I didn't remember that well which one was featured. And again, just cause Arcanine was shown, doesn't mean it can be excluded, in trailers like this they can showcase anything they want.

Also wow, Mawile got a Mega and Sbleye didn't?! What's that, they're giving it one also in the next game ?
>>
>>27729465
I'm hoping if it's real that it's hair and main turns into seafoam and it's back legs turn into a fin.
>>
>>27729465
If the leaks are true, I'll just be happy to finally add a water type to my dog team.
>>
File: Hurricanine.png (534KB, 2216x2216px) Image search: [Google]
Hurricanine.png
534KB, 2216x2216px
>>27729465
Hurricanine, bruh.
>>
File: Pawter.png (388KB, 1940x1940px) Image search: [Google]
Pawter.png
388KB, 1940x1940px
Also Pawter
>>27729465
>>
Nah, fuck that shitty fake leak that said Ninetales would be Fire/Fairy
Give me a Dragon/Fighting Arcanine
>>
>>27729465
That particular leak is more than likely fake, but the only way I see it working is if it's some kind of play on the okinawan shisa. They're the only iteration of the fu guard dogs with any kind of water association, even if it's just the geographic locale of okinawa. Maybe make the spiraling mane pattern into whirlpools. Otherwise it doesn't even begin to make sense.
>>
>>27729465
Water Arcanine would be amazing assuming it keeps most of its regular moveset. Wisp/Morning Sun/Espeed/CC. Even dropping Wisp for Scald wouldn't be the worst thing.
>>
>Aquanine
>>
>>27735406
Snowslash and Snowtales doesn't makes sense either.
>>
>>27735529
Fox live in snowy areas. Fox playing in the snow is common imagery in most of their natural habitats. The only thing tying ninetales to fire type was the association with foxfire and fox spirit folklore. The folklore about supernatural fox ties in to fairy, the ice into habitat.

Similarly the sandshrew change maintains the same basic description but substitutes the snow for the sand, subbing ground for ice. It also ties into the superficial design of the clay brick pattern changing to an igloo. The steel's a bit of a stretch but is sensible given the claws.

Both of these are obvious logical jumps if you'd been paying any attention/not been retarded.
>>
>>27729639
We also saw a regular Meowth so that doesnt mean anything.
>>
>>27735689
>Alola forms need to make sense!

>Not even the natives of Alola know what caused Raichu to change, their best guess: he ate too many fluffy pancakes!

yeah no, GF already threw that out the window
>>
>>27729465
It shouldn't be partly Fire type imo. It has to be the counterpart of Ninetails, but not a superior one. I mean, Ice is weak to Fire.

And even as a pure Water type, I don't know how it could be. Just a Blue Arcanine? With waves shaped lines?
>>
>>27729490
This criticism bothers me. They predicted Alola forms and correctly singled out ninetales out of 720 others AND got one of its types correct. So far that one thing has been the only error in that leak so far. It looks a lot more like the leaker recalled one detail from memory incorrectly, or at least that is way less of a leap in logic than that they made all of that shit up and got lucky with the rest of it.
>>
>>27735884
in-world and design sense are two different things. They gave it a surfing tail because hawaii and surfers. It can hover with psychic powers because it needs to be surfing in its idle animation. That's all there is to it. This shit is not complicated or obtuse, you're just retarded.
>>
>>27736005
Or, the more realistic possibility, that "variants" are a pretty easy thing to make up, and Fairy is a fairly fitting typing for Ninetales.
Consider that the other "leak" mentioned Alolan forms by name, but only said they'd be minor cosmetic and stat differences.
>>
>>27736052
>Make Raichu surfing because of Hawaii and surfers
>Make Growlithe water type because of Hawaii and surfers

You just defeated your own point man
>>
>>27736084
But the plausibility of GUESSING ninetales, out of all of the other Pokemon, would get an at-the-time unannounced new form that would be fairy type is next to nothing. Do you really think that is somehow more likely than the leaker having hastily goofed the type change, not even completely
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.