[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate megas again? >panders to nostalgafags >panders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 354MBanette.png (132KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
354MBanette.png
132KB, 475x475px
Why do people hate megas again?
>panders to nostalgafags
>panders to karenfags
>panders to competitivefags
>>
>>27729340
>karenfags
But none of my favorites have megas
>>
File: Pangoro.full.1544475.jpg (983KB, 1450x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Pangoro.full.1544475.jpg
983KB, 1450x1600px
But does it pander to panders?
>>
File: 7gEvG.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
7gEvG.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>27729340
Megas r kewl
>>
File: 1409556902822.png (4KB, 364x88px) Image search: [Google]
1409556902822.png
4KB, 364x88px
>>
Because it was a terrible mechanic on just about every level. Mechanically it makes the select few Pokemon that get megas inherently better than those who don't (unless their mega is just plain trash), narrative-wise it makes no sense and feels shoe-horned in that Pokemon are suddenly getting this super mode because it's never given a proper explaination beyond "this is the gimmick of this gen", and competitively it completely fucked things up by having everything revolve around broken megas and primals. There was no salvaging it.
>>
Because GF think Pseudos and legendaries need them instead of shitmons
I don't really mind them but fuck Megamence
>>
most of them look like shit
>>
>>27729371
This

It should be used on mons that need the boost like Beedrill and Pidgeot more often
>>
>>27729367
Basically this.
I like a couple of Megas, but you basically HAVE to use one on your team. It's limiting as hell.
>>
>>27729743
I rarely use megas and I fare just fine
>>
>>27729743
Nah, you really don't, any more than you NEED to use the Genies or Smogonbird or Smogonsword
>>
I'm sick of the word pander already. Is it the new literally?
>>
>>27729743
You really don't. Mega Pokemon are just another thing you have to consider when building a team. They're the same as any other Pokemon, except with more minmaxed stats and the inability to hold an item.
>>
Because they all look like trash bar like 4
>>
>>27729340
I'm pretty indifferent.
I think some of them look amazing and some of them look dumb, while others are just unnecessary. I won't be heartbroken if they don't return for SM and GF focuses on the Alola formes instead.
It'd be interesting to go back to a metagame without megas.
>>
>>27729805
This. Nearly all of them are a step down from their usual design.
>>
>>27729340
I don't hate them, but some of them look like shit and have dumb typings.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.