[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna share a story because it was something weird that happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Spr_GS_Rocket_Executive_M.png (823B, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_GS_Rocket_Executive_M.png
823B, 56x56px
Gonna share a story because it was something weird that happened a long time ago and I don't know what the explanation for it is. I was doing a link cable battle with my friend in Pokemon Gold, when somehow the cable jerked free after we had linked. So instead of fighting my friend's team, I encountered this dummy trainer that was a Rocket Executive with six pokemon, half of whom had a status condition. I don't remember any of the details of the battle, it may have just ended with my game freezing.
Anybody else encounter this sort of thing?
>>
one time i was playing pokemon and i dont know what happened i guess the cartridge got nudged and instead of a regular battle i was suddenly playing a game like tekken against ash with his indigo league team
>>
>>27725768
One time i was playing yellow and a lightning bolt hit my gameboy and all of a sudden it put me in a wild encounter with pikablu
>>
>>27725768
Yea actually the same thing happened to me except I went to bill's secret garden
>>
File: Mike no.gif (2MB, 355x240px) Image search: [Google]
Mike no.gif
2MB, 355x240px
I'm not joking, you know. This really happened.
>>
>>27726182
Yeah. Happened to me before. Ending up battling a lvl 0 Tangela with unlimited HP in Silver because of that
>>
My trainer house in Gold was fucked beyond repair. I couldn't tell you exactly what I did to cause it - based on searching around it was either corrupted mystery gift, bad cloning, or corrupted link battle* - but I ended up with a trainer with a long garbage name.

I honestly don't remember the battle itself, so either it crashed on its own, or I freaked out and turned the game off. (For some reason I also remember a lot of glitched text and graphics during the pre-battle walk, but I can't find any record of anyone having a similar experience so I'm pretty sure my pea brain made that up.)

(* I can't remember the details of this one either, just that the cable was loose and that probably fucked everything up. Nothing like another trainer getting sent out, though.)
>>
I remember one time in Silver I was Surfing, then came back up on land, and my character kept flashing back and forth between the player sprite and the Lapras sprite. I think I turned off my Game Boy in a panic, and it never happened again. Could never recreate it again, either.
>>
>>27725768
One of my friends had bought his Pokemon Gold in Egypt and when i fought him I has the exact same happen to me.
>>
>>27725768
Yeah, messing with the Link Cable during battles does some weird things for some reason, OP.

I distinctly remember my brother and friend battling and their battle got glitched up kinda hard. My bro was fighting against a Granbull with health that visibly broke the health bar.

Friend wasn't using Granbull either.

Im sure it happened to others, though a lot of people here started with Gen 3.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.