[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT IN A LORE-FRIENDLY WAY. HOW THE FUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: EXPLAIN.jpg (66KB, 811x827px) Image search: [Google]
EXPLAIN.jpg
66KB, 811x827px
SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT IN A LORE-FRIENDLY WAY.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN GET CANNONS INSTALLED IN YOUR SHELL ANYWAY?
>>
>>27725683
literal digimon
>>
File: Gnomevile.jpg (263KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
Gnomevile.jpg
263KB, 720x479px
>>
Maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!
>>
>>27725683
They're retractable. Like Wolverine's claws.
>>
>be Squirtle swimming in shitty Kanto water
>Pollution everywhere
>Fug, if only there was a way to jet propel myself out of here
>>
Steel-hard keratin forms the shell's cannons, the shell-interior-side of said cannons hooked to the water-creating sac that allowed Squirtle and Wartortle to spew water from their mouths.
>>
>>27725764
Yeah that's great and all, but why?
>>
Explanation: Pokemon ate not real animals. They are fictional creatures in a fictional universe that has no physical laws. As such, the creatures in this universe can be anything the creator wants.
That's why it has cannons.
>>
>>27725683
They are just a part of its anatomy.
You aren't asking the truly perplexing question. I want to know where the limitless water comes from. All Water types can spray hundreds of gallons of water during a battle. Where do they store it?
>>
>>27725797
but is it canon?
>>
>>27725683
Think of them as an organ, that shits not metal is bone and shell hooked to some bladder to shoot water
>>
>>27725764
You mean chitin. Lel
>>
>>27725760
The opposite direction?
>>
>>27725781
Why does Wartortle grow ear-hair?
Why does Charizard grow wings?
Why can't Nidorina or Nidoqueen breed?
How come PorygonZ is considered a legitimate Pokemon even though it's a virus corruption?

That's just how they developed.
>>
>>27725801
>Limitless
All moves have finite PP.
Also, same explanation as above: fictional creatures in a fictional universe. He always has as much water as required.
In lore? I'm not sure. Previously, I'd assume that, since Pokemon were more like animals, he had an internal sac with a bunch of water or perhaps he generates it from the air.
Today? A portal opens up in his belly or in front of him and out comes water, just like that Crustle using rock slide in the anime.
>>
>>27725826
when you she shit in front of you you don't want to go forward do you?
>>
>>27725814
>chitin
It's a tortoise, not an arthropod, fungus, or fish.
Turtles and tortoise shells are made of keratin, like rhino horns and fingernails.
>>
>>27725683
They're like wings/funnels to some sack that pumps water in his back
>>
>>27725797
But when any pokemon outside of Gen I do this they're suddenly "digimon"
>>
File: blastoise.jpg (195KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
blastoise.jpg
195KB, 1000x1000px
I like to think of pokemon designs as an artists impression of it being described by a panicked person who had stumbled upon the creature in real life. "Its like it had cannons on its back that shot water!" When they were just sphincters that looked like rigid cannons as water came out. Ref. Pic
>>
>>27725950
because pokemon was a mistake
>>
>>27725759
I wouldn't think so
Is this right?
>>
>>27725683
>HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN GET CANNONS INSTALLED IN YOUR SHELL ANYWAY?

Two part:

>Where does the Water come from?

Lots of water pokemon and real life animals have whats called a "swim bladder" or an "air bladder" that they can fill up with air or in this case water to control their buoyancy so they can manually control their ability to dive.
It stands to reason that water pokemon have a similar duel-function internal organ that allows them to store and pressure water that they can spit out of their (in the case of the reptilian/synapsid-like squirtle line) Gizzard.

>So what about the Canons?

Given how Pokemon have extremely unstable and inspired genetic material: The Canons could be made out of anything from iron, carbon or calcium -all things found within an animal- and directly feed into an expanded air/water bladder inside the animals shell.
The Blastoise could either metabolise water from it's diet or (more probably) drink up liters and liters of water to store, compress and shoot out at a later time for both self-defense OR for transportation underwater. (Blastoise looks like an incredibly sluggish swimmer, so giving it cannons would assist greatly in movement.)

>Extra Thoughts

We've seen in the anime that when the juvenile and adolescent forms use Hydro Pump they don't project it out of their mouths, but actually sink into their shells and shoot highly pressurized torrents from the holes in their holes.
Squirtles and Wartortles could have poorly-developed canons inside their shoulder blades or hips that only later develop into cannons when they're older: maybe they sink inside their shells to manually push down on the muscles to expel that water they've collected?

How was that? Give you any ideas?
>>
>>27725879
I'd want to turn around and see where the fuck I'm going instead of blasting myself assfirst towards any ready and willing Pokemon.
>>
What about clothes, gloves and ribbons
>>
File: alolan costanza.png (288KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
alolan costanza.png
288KB, 394x370px
>>27725683

>Blastoise has cannons in its shell
>not water/steel
>Lucario has a spike on its chest
>fighting/steel
>>
Blastoise should have been retconned as Water/Steel in gen ii.
>>
>>27725975
>mybowsaremadeofflesh.jpg
>>
>He doesn't go to the flea market and have Mexicans install cannons on his turtles
It's like you've never watched Univision
>>
Why can't Blastoise learn fly?
>>
>>27725781
Self defense
Its sudden evolution, and all they do is battle
>>
>>27725683
You touch the Blastoise canons. They are hard like a shell but the insides are fleshy like a mouth. You too will be a flash someday but not yet, they are not ready.
>>
>>27725873
I can buy the water portal argument.
PP though does not have anything to do with size of water stores. PP simply is a measure of a Pokemon's remaining energy. If I keep restoring my Blastoise's attacking energy with Elixers, it could theoretically attack with unlimited water.
>>
>>27725989
Steal wasn't a thing in gen 1, but yeah, Mega Blastoise X when???
>>
>>27725683
It's okay when gen 1 does it
>>
File: yzi4pheuddm0mxiltcae[1].png (345KB, 800x399px) Image search: [Google]
yzi4pheuddm0mxiltcae[1].png
345KB, 800x399px
>>27725860
>Why does Wartortle grow ear-hair?

I've actually thought about this one: Sexual Selection

Wartortles most likely grow the ears that they have in order to display to potential mates their health and their physical prowess as well as to differentiate themselves from juvenile Squirtles. The Ears and Tails of a Wartortle tell all the single-ladies(and men) "Hey, I'm a successful, strong, independent beast who's amazing at survival- come check out my sexy ass ears and tail fluff."
When a Wartortle finally develops into a Blastoise though it trades that fluff for those amazing canons.
>>
File: biden thumbsup.jpg (145KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
biden thumbsup.jpg
145KB, 660x371px
>>27726024
>the insides are fleshy like a mouth
Thanks for the new fetish
>>
>>27725683
damn i'm so familiar with blastoise that i never really think of it, but when i take the time to think of it i really hate blastoise overall
>>
>>27726194
Nice theory, I like it.
>>
>>27725683
shitty gen one design
I'm ashamed to admit I picked it, now I realise bulasaur was always the right choice.
>>
Pokemon are often either literal nature spirits, based on japanese yokai, or animal like creatures channeling the elemental powers of nature. Conclusio: It be magic an shit.
>>
Plastic surgery.
>>
>>27726194
So Warortle has pubic hair for ears.
>>
>>27726194
Hey, that's a pretty good theory
>>
File: tumblr_ob9vh3ICzT1qe58o1o1_540.png (288KB, 540x384px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob9vh3ICzT1qe58o1o1_540.png
288KB, 540x384px
>>27725683
shellfish use pump like organs to filter water to feed and for locomotion. hence why blastoise is called the shellfish pokemon.
>>
>>27725950
now I got it, this is just another of antigenwunners-theard
say whatever you want, only genwun got alola forms and pokemon go
:^)
>>
>>27726074
what about magneton
>>
>>27725721
underrated
>>
File: Machinedramon.png (82KB, 209x316px) Image search: [Google]
Machinedramon.png
82KB, 209x316px
>>27725704
I don't know, those cannons seems to be different from the digimon ones.
Wait a second
>body made of steel
>plasma cannon on its back

this reminds me of something...
>>
>>27725683
squirtle and wartortle have little cannons but they are inside their abdomen

its just evolution baybee
>>
>>27725873
>A portal opens up in his belly or in front of him and out comes water, just like that Crustle using rock slide in the anime.
It felt so weird the first time I saw that on the anime
>>
>>27727685
I don't know much about Digimon, but I remember liking that one.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.