[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The reason Pokemon has gone to shit is because of all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 15

File: 1454438037910.png (312KB, 441x426px) Image search: [Google]
1454438037910.png
312KB, 441x426px
>The reason Pokemon has gone to shit is because of all the hate you fags gave Gen 5
>You'll never be blessed with another opportunity like that which Gen 5 brought

Game Freak tried and succeeded, but none of you faggots recognized. Now you're gonna have to deal with Gen 1 pandering until the series dies. Good job.
>>
File: Bag_Azure_Flute_Sprite.png (376B, 24x24px) Image search: [Google]
Bag_Azure_Flute_Sprite.png
376B, 24x24px
I thought it was because we were too stupid to figure out pic related.
>>
>>27723960
You're probably right honestly. It's so obvious Black and White was a failed reboot and that only becomes more obvious the more new gens come out.
>>
>>27724404
>failed
It was everything a Pokemon reboot needed to have been. It was just at the wrong time.
>>
>>27725186
Failed in the sense that it didn't stick. They were already starting to backpedal on it as early as BW2.
>>
>>27723960
>>27724404
>>27725186
I love gen 5. I would have loved to get a new region with 150 new mons and no old mons till post game, every gen. Just imagine gen 7 litten popplio and rowlet and 148 other pokemon and alola forms and no old ones till post gane
>>
>>27723960
Gen 5 was the start of the gen 1 pandering, idiot, that's why they did around 150 Pokemon and tried to do a soft reboot

it was supposed to be gen 1 2.0
>>
I didn't like BW1 and I will miss none of what it did that hasn't been done since it that didn't apply to Gen IV anyways, of which even DP was better.

I loved BW2 and was sure to fill out those CN surveys as to why, so don't look at me there.
>>
>large amount of New Pokemon
>no gimmicks like New Types, Megas, or Variants
>introduced a lot of useful moves and Abilities for Pokemon new and old, didn't just give New Pokemon all the crazy Abilities
>actual attempt at a serious plot, with developed characters and a mature theme.
>linear, but actually provided a decent challenge with changes made to reduce the amount of pointless grinding and provide a fairer way to diversify your team with unlimited TMs
>high-quality sprites instead of N64-era 3D models.

Wow, Gen V really was great.
>>
>>27725468
Do you seriously think that this would be a good long-term business plan? They can't keep on adding new Pokemon, since people will end up forgetting a big portion of them, and many of these other reasons can only work once or twice, especially for the Pokemon series.
>>
>>27725382
>trying to replace gen 1 is gen 1 pandering
That's the exact opposite of Gen 1 pandering. Idiot.
>>
>>27725905
>They can't keep on adding new Pokemon, since people will end up forgetting a big portion of them
Just keep making news ones. Problem solved.
>>
>>27726193
Hold on, what are you trying to say?
>>
>>27723960
Gen 5 was garbage then and it's garbage now.

B/W have the exact same amount of postgame (actually, less) as X/Y. B2/W2 has more postgame, but that's to be expected when they reuse so much.
>>
File: 122.gif (49KB, 57x53px) Image search: [Google]
122.gif
49KB, 57x53px
>>27725468
>no gimmicks
Triple battles and rotation battles

>high-quality sprites
Nigga what?

The rest I agree 100% with.
>>
>>27725468
Agree on everything. It was like they weren't trying to go all out, they just wanted to improve the already great Gen 4, while bringing in some old fans. Gen 6 dropped the "improve" and just threw old Pokemon at us with a new coat of paint.
>>
>>27726402
>X and Y Postgame: 1 cave, one route, two legendaries, and looker
>B/W Postgame: Three towns, several routes, Black City/White Forest, a minigame, 2 legendaries, several caves, Cynthia cameo.

Yup, totally equal.
>>
>>27726470
>2 legendaries
Who?
>>
>>27726522
Kyurem and Landorus.
>>
>>27726543
Landorus can be obtained as soon as you have both of the others though, you don't have to wait.
>>
>>27726571
But you can't get to the place it appears until postgame.

I'm pretty certain the Earth Shrine or whatever was between Black City/White Forest and Undella.
>>
I just want a regional dex that isn't a clusterfuck amalgamation of 400+ Pokemon.
On paper and in hacks that shit's fine, but after XY I've already grown tired of it.
>gee, I wonder if Zigzagoon or Caterpie will be on Route 1 again!
>>
>>27726470
Dont forget the hunt for the Seven Sages
>>
>>27725331

Not really; what really seemed was that conveniently when BW happens, it was a fairly recluse habitat. By the time you finish the game, some areas start receiving migrating pokémon from other places.

BW2 happen 2 years after the events of BW, so it's a given there's more variety.
>>
File: IMG_20160809_233137.jpg (53KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160809_233137.jpg
53KB, 409x409px
>>27723960
the 5th generation showed it's potential and everyone ignored it
the games were god tier but the anime made me wanna puke
i hated X and Y but Sun and Moon look promising but nothing will reach the level of B/W/B2/W2
>>
>>27723960
Nah. It's just that gen 6 was ass. 7 looks very fucking promising
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 205x246px
>BW2 comes out months before X and Y
>Sells like shit
>Nintendo interpetates it as nobody liked the game and never makes another like it
>>
File: 1447180641707.jpg (19KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1447180641707.jpg
19KB, 320x287px
>>27723960
You're right OP. Now all of us will have so suffer the consequences equally....
>>
>>27725468
>large amount of New Pokemon
Totally agree

>no gimmicks like New Types
I guess Dark and Steel are gimmicks then

>or variants
Let's count: Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloletta, Darmanitan, Basculin, Deerling, Sawsbuck, and Genesect

>introduced a lot of useful moves and Abilities for Pokemon new and Old
All Pokemon get new moves each generation, but I agree on abilities

>actual attempt at a serious plot
I can sort of agree

>with developed characters and a mature theme
Well, that's debatable

>decent challenge
Agreed

>unlimited TMs
It was introduced in Gen 5 but it's not like they removed that feature in later games

>high-quality sprites
lolwut
>>
>>27726402
>B/W have the exact same amount of postgame (actually, less) as X/Y
Why would you lie like that on the internet?
>>
>>27727036
Good
>>
>>27723960
>Game Freak tried and succeeded
But Gen 5 is responsible for half the shit that XY pulled, anon.

Gen 5
>Replaced the winding paths of previous regions with the most linear map yet, which 6 only barely began to recover from
>Drove home the 'friends' bullshit with Cheren/Bianca/Hugh that ended up resulting in the shitheap that was Gen 6's rivals.
>Expedited the series' long-standing cycle of removing pretty much all non-battle features, such as bases and contests, many of which having only returned with ORAS or still being absent to this day like muh frontier
>Focused too hard on a story with little more substance than average, which led to them trying to do it again with XY and failing because the people who liked BW's plot had turned 13
>Introduced a fuckton of ridiculously broken abilities that have annihilated the metagame to this very day (it also gave us the genies, which are themselves a huge cancer even in ORAS)
>jumpstarted the transition from muted 3d and nice sprites to ugly 3d and constantly moving pixelated garbage, ultimately resulting in XY being forced to continue the trend instead of sticking with glorious sprites
>gave us the dream world and global link, which made hidden abilities a gigantic pain in the ass to obtain all the way until ORAS and to this day requires me to occasionally do shit on the god-awful website just to get certain events
>fucked up the level curve in an attempt to make overlevelling 1-2 pokemon not always optimal, which in turn led to the EXP Share as a second attempt
>removed pokemarts and created a fanbase that actually fucking defends this

The only things Gen V did well were the BW protagonists and infinite TMs. All of the kantofaggotry we get now is a direct result of BW fucking up and trying to remove everything, when shit was fine in previous generations that attempted to achieve some semblance of balance between old and new.
>>
File: 1455877879637.gif (97KB, 75x73px) Image search: [Google]
1455877879637.gif
97KB, 75x73px
>>27726421
>that sprite
We can cherrypick all day.
It's not even that bad, to be honest.
>>
>>27727057
Ehh the sprites are debatable. I really love a good number of the sprites and how expressive and alive they are (Timburr juggling wood, Emolga touching the ground, and Tympol bouncing ect.). XY's still models are mostly meh with washed out colors compared to every other gen. Definitely a few really good ones, but same for bad ones.
>>
>>27727088
>fucked up the level curve in an attempt to make overlevelling 1-2 pokemon not always optimal

Reminder, these are the people who hate BW
>>
>>27727088
>Replaced the winding paths of previous regions with the most linear map yet, which 6 only barely began to recover from
Just replayed through Black version, this is such a forced bullshit meme. Unova has actually quite a lot of backtracking, winding paths, and multiple routes to take. Sure, it's laid out in a linear way overall, but the route you take is no more linear than Johto.

>Drove home the 'friends' bullshit with Cheren/Bianca/Hugh that ended up resulting in the shitheap that was Gen 6's rivals.
The rivals in Gen 5 were far less annoying than the Gen 6 ones and unlike Gen 6 actually served gameplay and plot purpose. And don't act like we haven't had friends since Gen 3.

>Expedited the series' long-standing cycle of removing pretty much all non-battle features, such as bases and contests, many of which having only returned with ORAS or still being absent to this day like muh frontier
Gen 5 didn't remove bases. And Gen 5 literally kept contests and just changed the name. Stop.

>Focused too hard on a story with little more substance than average, which led to them trying to do it again with XY and failing because the people who liked BW's plot had turned 13
The story in BW is fucking grand for a Pokemon game. Stop being a faggot and go replay it or at least look into it.

>Introduced a fuckton of ridiculously broken abilities that have annihilated the metagame to this very day (it also gave us the genies, which are themselves a huge cancer even in ORAS)
Nobody cares, metafag.

>jumpstarted the transition from muted 3d and nice sprites to ugly 3d and constantly moving pixelated garbage, ultimately resulting in XY being forced to continue the trend instead of sticking with glorious sprites
Gen 5's visuals are great. Maybe play it on an actual DS screen instead of an emulator next time, sweetheart.

>fucked up the level curve
What? Do you have Alzheimer's? The level curve in Gen 5 is great.

>removed pokemarts
This is satire, right?
>>
>>27727088
>>removed pokemarts and created a fanbase that actually fucking defends this
Because it totally makes sense that the pokemon center doesn't have everything a trainer needs inside.
>>
>>27727088
I honesty can't tell if this is b8
>>
>>27727088
Because Prankster completely destroyed the metagame. Or maybe Sheer Force? Perhaps the lofty heights of Weak Armor?
>>
>>27727088
>(it also gave us the genies, which are themselves a huge cancer even in ORAS)
>muh genies
Cry moar.
>>
>>27723960

Gen 7 is the correct way though
>>
>>27727088
Never mind the musicals. Nevermind Pokestar studios. Nevermind the PWT.
>>
>>27727088
>fucked up the level curve in an attempt to make overlevelling 1-2 pokemon not always optimal
I am so sorry for your loss. None of the starters were solo material anyways, if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>27723960
>reeeee why doesn't gamefreak keep making games for contrarians like me
>>
>>27727088
You complain about having to go down a new route, instead of running from a dozen level 2 Zigzagoon on your way back to firsttown?
>>
>>27727506
Fucking this.
I hate backtracking, but it feels especially pointless pokemon, because I don't want to run into the same pokemon
>>
File: defeatist.gif (49KB, 568x420px) Image search: [Google]
defeatist.gif
49KB, 568x420px
>>27727357
Let's not forget the true metaggedon abilities like Mummy, or no wait... DEFEATIST
>>
>>27726175
It was more of an homage, then during XY pre-production, someone at TPCi must've been browsing Normiebook and began to truly understand the genwunner mindset.
>>
>>27725905
Eventually, Kalos will seem like a huge number of new Pokemon just because there will be so many that added 100+ each gen just won't be feasible

If Pokemon somehow manages to survive another 20 years, we could be approaching 1500 Pokemon. That would be somewhat ridiculous
>>
Hmm... Cycle is to hate the previous generation and love the generation before that

Yeah guess the timing is about right
>>
>>27727088
Don't forget BW1 is where the dumbed down teambuilding began for in-game opponents and was a greater drop from DPPt than XY from BW1.

>level curve

You mean EXP scaling.
>>
>>27723960
I will NEVER understand the praise Gen 5 gets.
>>
>>27728708
It's the least liked generation in most corners of the internet, mostly because not nearly as many people play third versions or sequels as they do the first of a generation or remakes, so the natural forces of the universe decree 4chan must love it.
>>
Never played Gen 5. Really hated the designs so I skipped it. But reading back on the mechanics, im willing to try it out. Should I get BW2 or the original BW?
>>
>>27728887
BW2 is better overall with much more content, polish, and even more nice features. If you play it first, the recycled content from BW1 won't bother you either.

BW1 shakes up the formula a bit more. It also has a better story, I guess, but neither are much to write home about there.
>>
>>27725468
>Most of them shit
>Seasons triple battles and so on
>Fuck a lot of others
>Tell me this is a joke
>Hahahahahahahaha
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA there is better moving sprites in GBA games let alone DS
>>
>>27728732
>4chan must love it

you must be new here
>>
>>27728708
Because they are fun games with great music, interesting story and pokemon designs.
But i that is my opinion.
>>
>>27728930
>Some were shit, some were good
>Seasons don't affect battles, and triple battles and rotation battle only affected multiplayer
>please clarify
>It was a fairly decent attempt, it wasn't too edgy
>"I have no counter argument, so I'll just laugh at him"
>I thought they were good, and if the pixels really bothers you that much, stop playing on a fucking emulator
>>
>>27728959
I'm joking around.
>>
>>27729046
my bad
>>
File: 1468733505947.jpg (58KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1468733505947.jpg
58KB, 604x604px
>>27728708
It was a "soft reboot."
Focused on new mons, had analogous versions of older mons (think mach and dur lines, koffing and trubish, or magne and klink lines), had a strong narrative, madr the protagonists the least kiddish.
The first game had a very good way to introduce new commers to the series, second cranked up difficulty. "Epic" legendaries fight.
It didn't had the bullshit people complain daily about on /vp
>"muh genwunner pandering!"
>"muh game is for toddlers!'
Just compare the tones of B2W2 and XY and youll get it

It was honestly a very well grounded game. Probably my second, or third favourite gen.
>>
well I don't give a fuck what you guys think, I love gen 5
I play since gen 1 and BW2, alongside with Platinum, are my favorite games
>>
>>27726470
Doesn't Black/White forest need to connect to the internet or some shit?
>>
>>27728930
>there is better moving sprites in GBA games let alone DS
yeah, but sadly until gen 5 all we got were still sprites that only moved left and right during the animations of moves, which is even lazier
>>
>>27725468
>decent challenge

Soloing the game with Samurott sure was hard!
>>
>>27729348
Black City/White Forest needs streetpasses to work in BW1. Only because it's a DS game, the game needs to be in the system and on.

BW2 they tied their development to progress in the Skyscaper and Treehollow if I recall.
>>
>>27729040
Gen V 50% good 50% shit
Gen VI 80% good 20% shit

You say just gimmicks, so not true

Alot of pokemon were left out and became shit
And besides weather bullshit.

No it wasn't

Because shit you say BW did actually XY really did.
I play gen V on my 3DS
Go and check all the past gen grafics and compare them with the other JRPG on the same console.

Actually the 3DS models are very good go and check them on the pokémon arcades, Pokken and Pokémon GO
>>
>>27729040
Having only played the Gen V games on actual hardware, and not any sort of XL system either, the spritework was still really weak. Though Crystal is really the only Pokemon game with decent spritework for its system. Dragon Quest III still has it beat out though with those buttery smooth enemy attack animations.

Gen VI and VII actually have really great models, though the shitass resolution of the 3DS throw it off for some. Anyone who thinks they're N64 tier needs to go back and play the Stadium games, which had awful models, though because of the smaller pool of Pokemon and moves generally better animations because they had feasible time to pay attention to such things.
>>
>>27725468
I tend to agree. I just played through White for the third time, and it was still a challenge. Not hard, but definitely not a cake walk like XY and ORAS. (I gave up playing AS half way though because it bored the hell out of me.)

Played through this time with some mons I've never used before, and left my starter in the box most of the time. My only complaint about BW is all the pokemon you can't unlock without the events. :(

Oh well. People can shit on Gen 5 all they want, but it's by far my favorite. It just feels like home.
>>
File: 1468582833611.png (182KB, 481x511px) Image search: [Google]
1468582833611.png
182KB, 481x511px
>>27725468
>serious plot, with developed characters and a mature theme
>decent challenge
>>
I really wasn't a fan of BW1. The only real thing it had going for it to me was the themes of the story. But that's honestly not a big part of what i'm looking for in a Pokemon experience.

I know now it was a mistake, but my reception to BW1 kinda drove me away from BW2 when it was relevant. I wonder if this is what happened with a lot of people.
>>
>>27730168
It wasn't the easiest game.
>>
>>27730168
It was one of the harder pokemon games
>>
>>27729531
The resolution is serviceable, it's the textures that are lacking. If those high poly models had nicer textures that help bring out the depth and complexity of the models they would look multitude better.
>>
>>27730273
>>27730289
I honestly did not notice. I played Platinum shortly after (I skipped it initially) and it felt about the same.
>>
>>27730168
People still call Lerona and Ghetsis's Hydreigon nuzlocke enders.
>>
>>27730320
>nuzlocke enders.
This can happen? Like, all your Pokemon die? How do you fuck up that badly?
>>
>>27730289
Hardest Pokemon game is FRLG.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>27730320
>Ghetsis's Hydreigon
I call bullshit. In all my Nuzlocke runs, regardless of gen, by the time you're far enough in the game to fight the big bad, you've gained enough momentum with leveling that you hardly even notice it's a Nuzlocke anymore, since Pokemon only die if you make a novice mistake.
>>
>>27730337
Watchog can score unexpected KO's with Retaliate, and Hypnosis can shut down a sure thing.

Hydreigon just stat-bricks teams to death.

Remember, you don't control what you have, and only have a limited number.
>>
Valor says "soft drink."
Mystic says "soda."
Instinct calls it "a coke" no matter what it actually is.
>>
File: rayfugtothemax.png (184KB, 1885x946px) Image search: [Google]
rayfugtothemax.png
184KB, 1885x946px
>>27730403
Fucking shit wrong thread.
>>
>>27730350
FRLG doesn't have a shit level curve, HGSS are harder.
>>
>>27726638
>options are bad
>>
>>27727036
>Sells like shit
No it didn't.
>>
>>27727088
Most of those are the direct cause of gen 4 fucking shit up.
For example contests, the bf and secret bases were a travesty in that gen to the point where GF had to respond with their removal instead of fixing them.
Not to mention the region that was confusing for the jap kiddies.
>>
>>27731909
I think it was the worst selling one at like 9 million.
>>
>>27731909
Sold 8.52 million...that's 4 million below the remake games, which always sell poorly.
>>
>>27728690
>Don't forget BW1 is where the dumbed down teambuilding began for in-game opponents and was a greater drop from DPPt than XY from BW1.
Comparing DP teams to BW teams show a distinct improvement though.
Same goes for Plat and BW2.
>>
>>27731943
>>27731930
Considering it's taking the place of third games that places it about second best
>>
>>27723960
But OP, gen V is my favorite gen. Why are you lumping me in with the idiots who hate it? Crystal is my favorite GBC game, Black/White is my favorite DS game, and Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold is my favorite 3DS game.
>>
>>27731992
What does EO have to do with this?
>>
Gen 5 fags are starting to become as bad as gen wunners

It's pretty sad. No one cares about your mediocre gen
>>
>>27727446
>they announce BW remakes
>/vp/ rejoices
>Mega Charizard X appears in a trailer
>/vp/ preemptively decides they're the worst games in the series
>>
>>27732006
Just that the 3DS Pokémon games aren't that great.
>>
>>27732007
Aww, the Sinnohfetus is trying to troll.
>>
>>27732126
My favorite gen is 3 but I've been playing since 1.

It's not an awful gen but it for some reason has a large plethora of cock suckers that really aren't deserved in any way.
>>
>>27732126
There was one Unovabortion who literally wished that Gen 6's online features would end just so people would stop defending it
>>
Gen V is objectively the worst gen. The urban/rural dichotomy was a bad idea (cities were ugly as hell) so exploring wasn't fun, the pokemon designs looked like they were made by the niggers of Detroit, literally the only good thing it had going was the increased difficulty.
>>
>>27726970
They redesigned the anime and labeled the games reboots. It's why they went back to the classic color naming scheme.
>>
>>27732141
>that really aren't deserved in any way.
Tell me more anon
>>
>>27727253
Gen 5 did remove bases though, unless you count HGSS as removing them.
They were in DPP in the underground.
>>
>>27732226
Gen 5 does nothing of merit. In fact it actually fucks up by having too many pokemon to the point that it has the most bad mons of any gen and you don't even see them in the game because of it.

The box legendaries are worse than average and the secondary legendaries are pure dog shit.

The city shit was kind of cool and N was an alright character, but gen 5 in general was not that great.
>>
>>27732250
>They were in DPP in the underground.
And that iteration is the reason they were removed funnily enough.
>>
Gen 5 was the second worst gen. The sprites were made of horror. The story was kind of cool, I liked that it had good bug types, but that's really the only good I can say about it.
>>
>>27732251
So you think it's bad because it triggers you basically.
Someone needs to give you a crash course in subjectivity.
>>
>>27732316
I don't think it's bad.

I think it's average to below average and I don't understand why people say it's so great.
>>
>>27732251
>Gen 5 does nothing of merit.

>triples and rotation
>hidden abilities
>infinite TMs
>global link
>connectivity outside of the pokemon centre
>pass powers (now O-powers)
Then there's little things like the repel prompt.
>>
>>27732343
Oh you're right gen 5 did make tms infinite, that was a good thing.

I don't remember o powers being there but that's possible.

I never really use connectivity but that was a good change as well
>>
File: 1456814953726.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1456814953726.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
>There will never be another Pokémon game with as good of a story and characters as BW1
>There will never be another Pokémon game with Gym Leaders and Elite Four members as memorable as BW1
>There will never be another Pokémon game free of nostalgia pandering that forces you to use new Pokémon
>There will never be another Pokémon game with as many new Pokémon
>>
>>27732321
Basically what this anon said>>27732343
And the fact that BW2 has the most content of all games thus far in addition to a lot of areas to explore that are off the beaten path.

They're the pokemon games they you can't appreciate if you rush it.
>>
>>27732371
>>There will never be another Pokémon game with Gym Leaders and Elite Four members as memorable as BW1
Well that's wrong

>>There will never be another Pokémon game with as many new Pokémon
and that's a good thing
>>
>>27732357
>I don't remember o powers being there but that's possible.
They were tied to the entralink so in black and white they were harder to obtain.
That said black and white 2 alleviated that issue with a side quest system.
>>
File: 919[1].png (205KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
919[1].png
205KB, 501x445px
>>27723960
>Gen V apologists
>My mfw when
>>
>>27732321
Youre the kind of fan who wants a Kanto remake every gen huh?
>>
>>27732395
No, why would you think that?

Though I do think it'd be sort of nice to have a 3D gen 1.
>>
>>27732371
>There will never be another Pokémon game with as good of a story and characters as BW1
Bianca and Cheren are pretty shitty desu, but the other characters are good. BW2 was a lot better.
>There will never be another Pokémon game with Gym Leaders and Elite Four members as memorable as BW1
I honestly don't remember half the gym leaders from BW1. Elesa and Clay are extremely memorable if just for their plot relevance.

>There will never be another Pokémon game free of nostalgia pandering that forces you to use new Pokémon
>There will never be another Pokémon game with as many new Pokémon
Probably both true. BW1 is a strange game to look back on for that reason. Such a huge amount of content and trying to branch off from the norm ended up causing it to become something completely different.
>>
File: false dichotomy.jpg (45KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
false dichotomy.jpg
45KB, 620x350px
>>27732395
>You didn't like this one thing?
>Then you must want this other unrelated thing that you didn't allude to at all
>>
>>27732471
Ironically that's what the anon he replied to was doing.
>>
>>27732519
I wasn't talking about anything other than my opinion on gen 5 dude
>>
>>27732564
And that you don't understand why people like it.
>>
>>27732576
Yes, how does that equate to "You must want this unrelated thing"
>>
>>27732576
And that's a false dichotomy....how?
>>
>>27732594
You have a definition in front of you.
>>
>>27732633
I don't see how it fits this situation. It doesn't mean "ignoring the idea that other viewpoints might exist", it means "painting the situation to only contend with two viewpoints". The anon who dislikes gen V has not dismissed that other people like gen V, he just doesn't see how. That's ignorance but not dismissal or a false dichotomy. I'm asking you, now, to clarify what two viewpoints anon is supposedly trying to elicit. I'll even tell you what one of them ought to be: that he dislikes gen V.
>>
>Patrat = Rattata

>Pidove = Pidgey

>Roggenrola = Geodude

>Woobat = Zubat

>Blitzle = Ponyta

>Seawaddle = Caterpie

>Venipede = Weedle

>Tympole = Poliwag

>Sawk and Throh = Hitmons

>Timburr = Machop

Yup definitely no gen 1 pandering round here.
>>
>>27732872
>Literally using bird line, bug line, zubat replacement and rattata replacement as "pandering"
l
o
l
>>
File: .png (118KB, 288x276px) Image search: [Google]
.png
118KB, 288x276px
>>27732872
Because Pokemon that share the same role are the same as "take this Kanto starter, catch these Kanto birds, catch this fucking Mewtwo, and look at all of these mega evolutions of Kanto Pokemon".

Tell me how a genwunner would look at a Tympole and go "yup, this game is catering to my interests".
>>
>>27732872
that's the opposite of pandering you fucking melon.
>>
Guys do you know that sun and moon will focus in old pokemon like XY right?
The pokedex will be an unbalanced mess again,the franchise is getting boring,really.
we aren't going to have a game again that focuses in new pokemon,honestly,i think i'm quitting this if that's the case
>>
>>27725468
serious plot?! are you fucking serious?!
its the worst of them all! well bw2 is right there with that, and delta episode.
all that is about nagging you about shit, pokemon are your friend,don't hurt pokemon, being fat and stupid is ok, power is not everything, you are the chosen one, YOU ARE THE FUCKING CHOSEN ONE! nice plot.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.