[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is B&W2 worth the play ? I'm what you would call a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: pokemonblackwhite2.jpg (77KB, 530x299px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonblackwhite2.jpg
77KB, 530x299px
Is B&W2 worth the play ?

I'm what you would call a normie with Pokemon games. Last one I played was Pokemon X. I wanted to play some Pokemon games again on my Android (so no 3DS games).
And I've beat HeartGold so many time that I'm sick of it. Only one I veer played were B&W and B&W2 because ervyone I knew said they sucked.

I'm also searching for Rom hacks but nothing fits my taste (I wish I could play as Red with Pikachu starter on HG/SS)
>>
They're very good, but I'd recommend playing B1W1 first because there's some content in B2W2 that you have to play through the first one to have. Plus, the plot feels a little odd without having played B1W1
>>
File: khan.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
khan.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>>27722614
>tfw memory link is now impossible without a second (2)(3)ds
>>
>>27722515
There's HeartRed, but it's only through 3 gyms and uses the 3 gen 1 starters rather than pikachu.
>>
>>27722515
>I'm what you would call a normie with Pokemon games
>I'm also searching for Rom hacks but nothing fits my taste
>>
>>27722670
Heard of it but yeah the lack of content is disturbing. And I really want to play as Red and Pikachu like in Yellow. There's Lightning Yellow (or thunder) but it's only with gen 1. And I won't talk about the fact that they colored Red's hat in yellow...

>>27722761
Well, I'm a Pokemon games fan but since I don't play Pokemon Go and just only recently discovered there were new Pokemon games coming out, I consider myself as a normie.
Shit I don't even lurk in here.
>>
Since b2/w2 are the best and most challenging games in the series, yes. Play them. Also PWT
>>
I'm still amazed about the absence of a Rom with Red as the MC and all the region available on DS. I have no idea in terms of amount of work. But still.

>>27722831
> PWT
The Pokemon Tour thing ?
>>
>>27722614
Isn't the lack of Pokemon from previous gen annoying ?

I don't know jack shit about this gen. Picking the starter was hard as fuck since they're all ugly as fuck.
>>
>>27722515
B2/W2 are, IMO, the best games in the series. Go for it.

The only problem you'll have is with the story constantly referencing BW1. The phrase "2 years ago" is used a lot. But it isn't hard to follow, all you have to know is that some kid kicked Team Plasma's ass a while ago and they're butthurt about it.
>>
BW1 are low tier games, BW2 is top tier though, give it a spin

There is some stuff you can only do by linking with BW1, but honestly it's not worth the time
>>
>>27723196
It's not even an option since I'm playing on Android.

>>27723174
>>27723196
Okay, you convinced me, I'll give it a try. Is the Grass type starter any good. The other two are ugly as fuck,
>>
>>27723025
Pokemon World Tournament. Get to battle gym leaders and champions from all previous regions. Best post game
>>
>>27723196
>BW1 are low tier games
People who didn't actually play BW1 and got BTFO waiting for a "Gray". BW1 are a masterpiece.
>>
>>27723437
Snivy is probably the weakest starter in game of the entire franchise, and that's coming from someone who's a fan of its design. You're much better off with Oshawott or Tepig
>>
>>27723437
They're all usable in battle in-game. Oshawott is probably the easiest to use overall, but Snivy and Tepig still get by fine. The game throws plenty of good alternatives pretty quickly if you really want though.

>>27723500
>they don't like game I like so they must have never played it
>>
File: 1470923316177.png (148KB, 510x829px) Image search: [Google]
1470923316177.png
148KB, 510x829px
>>27723639
You didn't deny it.
>>
>>27723068
BW1 don't have any old mons until the post game but BW2 have quite a few mixed in
>>
ITT horrible, brainwashed taste

BW and BW2 are GOAT, so are the designs and story
>>
File: 1448863755045.jpg (123KB, 780x818px) Image search: [Google]
1448863755045.jpg
123KB, 780x818px
>>27723673
>>27723639
Well I'm definitely not playing both so wich one should I pick. I just downloaded the Hack Rom Blaze Black 2.
Only bad thing about it is I don't get to see them sexy shorts.
>>
>>27723666
I have played it. Own and beat both White 1, in English, and Black 1, in Japanese. Replayed Black 1 recently on an emulator in English to get a better idea of how I really felt about the games because my memory of them wasn't that clear.

There's some good stuff, but that applies to every Pokemon game. I'd honestly call it my least favorite mainline game, the large amount of unlikable characters, bland locales, and heavy railroading during the main game ruin it for me. Even XY is more tolerable with those aspects in its maingame, though overall XY's worse as BW1 at least has some decent side and post game with optional areas and how they handled HMs making it so instead of being used to progress in the main story they're more for making shortcuts or blocked off areas of places you've visited before.
>>
>>27723826
>Well I'm definitely not playing both
That's like taking a book series and saying "I'm definitely not reading all of them."
>>
>>27723838
No shit you probably didn't like the characters if you couldn't read what was happening
>>
File: 1470767224043.png (236KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
1470767224043.png
236KB, 394x370px
>>27723068
>he doesn't use the pokemon from their respective gen.
>>
>>27723838
>the large amount of unlikable characters
And BW2 has what?

>bland locales
...?

>heavy railroading
Thank god BW2 doesn't have that. Imagine if they threw you into a giant tutorial/dialogue spam for the first 2 and a half hours.
>>
>>27723853
Well I wouldn't if two books in the series have less than 5% of their contents different from each other.
>>
>>27723868
I played White and Black in English at different points, not just JP Black. Reading comprehension.

Bianca and Ghetis were the only characters I really liked, and Bianca's subplot wasn't really delved into enough and Ghetsis only shined in a few moments and overall his good moments in BW2 were better.

I don't really care if others like it or suggest it, but I personally won't suggest it. Especially since for new players the recycled locations in BW2 will feel brand new while if they play BW1 first and then BW2 soon after it may feel repetitive.

>>27723959
BW2 has less intolerable characters at the least to me, and I genuinely liked Hugh and his revenge quest and found him fun. Really though, I just hated N's demented spiels and Cheren constantly trying to use you as a measuring stick for his own self-worth, and it didn't help they're pretty much the two most prominent characters in the game.

Most of the areas in BW1 feel really bland to me. BW2 spices up some returning areas--Drifveil's got more of a resort town feel thanks to the PWT nearby and there's Castelia's sewers and all the new areas connected too it--more of the better areas in the original that were relegated to postgame like Lacunosa and Undella are now part of the main adventure, and pretty much all of its new areas are really nice and have a lot more identity to them. You can actually wander around more individual areas to some extent during maingame too like Floccesy Ranch.
>>
File: 1470968138429.png (110KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470968138429.png
110KB, 1000x1000px
>>27724577
>I genuinely liked Hugh
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.