[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people who don't think Voltorb Flip is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Voltorb Flip.png (32KB, 160x240px) Image search: [Google]
Voltorb Flip.png
32KB, 160x240px
>there are people who don't think Voltorb Flip is the best Game Corner game

I don't get it. The slots are bullshit, they actively cheat against you and will make it impossible to line up three 7s sometimes, literally impossible, you could go at it frame by frame in an emulator and it will skip over the 7 and put you on Pikachu to make you lose if you would have otherwise gotten it.

Card flip is slightly better, it's still luck-based but it doesn't cheat against you at least, the cards will stay where they are and not move, and you can you probability to slightly improve your odds. The payout is super low, though, unless you go for single cards every time.

Voltorb Flip by comparison is much more skill-based than either of those games. You can rule out entire rows or columns with logic and use probability much more effectively than in card flip (where you need very specific circumstances to have any sizeable advantage picking a certain row), and the payout is insane compared to the either two games, with you earning more coins in a single puzzle than three 7s would give you in a jackpot by the time you hit level 5.

What is it about Voltorb Flip that people dislike?
>>
>>27720324
>What is it about Voltorb Flip that people dislike?
That I was forced to play it rather than ouright buy the coins.

Fuck the slots and fuck Voltorb Flip. I have money, just let me buy the TM.
>>
people think it's too hard to understand so they decide it's shit.
>>
Voltorb Flip also becomes bullshit after only a few levels.
Still the most fun I've had with the game corner, even if I had to spend a dreadful 2 hours getting coins for everything I needed.
>>
>>27720358

I can partly agree with this, even as someone who loves Voltorb Flip
>>
Roulette was the best
>>
Good thing the music in game corners is so good so you font feel as bad for staying that long.
Thank you Europe for making it impossible to have another one even though arcades exist still.
Also
>tfw no snail claw catcher mini game
I hope eventually game freak has a design a mon contest or something because it's a shame we will never see best fakemon in a game
>>
>>27720324
Voltorb Flip is my favorite Game Corner game as well. Once you understand it, its easy to strategize and narrow down where the good flips are and where the Voltorbs are.
>>
>>27720324
What's the point of putting effort into figuring out most of the board when it eventually comes down to luck anyway?

Give me a pure logic game without any guessing bullshit like Picross instead and just add a timer to it that gets stricter as the pay off goes up. A timing game would be fine too like the bonus round in the JP HGSS slots or some sort of rhythm game. There's a ton of possible ideas that don't have to come down to luck.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.