[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was thinking of picking this up to tide me over until Sun and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Was thinking of picking this up to tide me over until Sun and Moon. What did you guys think of it? Is it at least better than Gates to Infinity?
>>
>>27720057
9.5/10
Would recommened
>>
>>27720057
I'm playing it right now and it's pretty fun. I'm not too keen on the new recruit system, but it has its benefits.
>>
>>27720057
It's better than Infinity but not as good as Explorers/R&B
>>
>>27720057
It's my favourite Mystery Dungeon game. Would recommend for sure.
>>
>>27720173
>not as good as Explorers/R&B
Debatable 2bh. A lot of people think it is even better.
>>
>>27720173
>muh story
Fuck off. The gameplay, music and literally everything else is better in PSMD.
>>
File: 1470784222300.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1470784222300.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>27720057
>at the end where you have to grind to get recruits
>you can start off with a high level pokemon in the very beginning
>no actual mega evolutions take place until post-game
>dungeons where you have to completely rely on items if you're at a type disadvantage
>evolving a pre-evo makes you never get that pre-evo again
>fucking lapras liner taking ages, even if you're pressing L
>"please send this letter to a friend for me", then forget said letter and pokemon
>going close range will literally get you killed
>have to keep 30+ reviver seeds

it's just an average MD game, try it, you'll probably love it more than me
>>
>>27720518
git gud
>>
It's ending is ripped shot for shot from Tales of symphonia.

Including the world tree/seed in space.
>>
>>27720541
>doing the mew quest to get partner back[/spoile]
>desert place to find xatu
>rock and fire pokemon
>when i'm charmander
>luckily had wand emera and several warp away wands
>water place
>water pokemon BTFO me
>>
>>27720057
>Is it at least better than Gates to Infinity?
Yes.

I'll say this, the story starts as shit, and people may not like the new recruitment system, but I think the recruitment is good for removing RNG fuckery, and once the story picks up its pacing you won't be able to put it down.
>>
>gameplay is probably the best in the series but some may not like the changes or how the game is stricter in what sort of approach you take
>structural changes to the mission/job system is shit
>recruit system is overall improved, but no nicknames and the inability to get duplicates other than forms and gender differences is bullshit
>story is the worst in the series, unless you're of the belief that anything is better than nothing
>music is okay, I was never impressed by PMD music, Shiren and regular Pokemon have much better music
>too many bright flashing messages and fanfares treating you like a preschooler acting like every little thing you accomplish is the most amazing thing in the world for my taste

8/10 it's okay
>>
>>27720356
>Have to use items all the time
>Basic A attack fixed at 5 damage
>Break system still enforced after beating the game
>Can be 100%ed in 70 hours and leave you with nothing to do
>>
>>27720356
Gameplay is much better and harder, but the music was very underwhelming in most parts of the game. EoS is better, kill yourself.
>>
>>27722422
>but the music was very underwhelming in most parts of the game.
wow, that is some seriously shitty taste
>>
>>27720057
Don't spoil yourself, much better than Gates to Infinity, except most feel Gates had a stronger story
>>
File: descarga.jpg (16KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
16KB, 225x225px
You posted the wrong boxart,OP.
Don't worry i'll fix that 4 u!
>>
File: 1442489139849.png (783KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1442489139849.png
783KB, 800x800px
>>27720057
It's my second favorite behind Explorers, and it's definitely better than Gates. There are a few mechanics I wish came back like Gummis and the online rescue board from Explorers, and the story's pacing is pretty off (the first third of the game goes too slow considering how irrelevant most characters in that part are, and the post-credit epilogue goes way too fast), but it's really solid otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usuKnzJLoHU

Hopefully the next PMD game uses the same engine and portrait style so we can get more starters, since they'll have all the portraits for the 20 starters in this game.
>>
>>27720795
>having to use items in a roguelike is a complaint
holy lol
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.