[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that wants to play competitively on pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: stop it niguh.png (775KB, 700x611px) Image search: [Google]
stop it niguh.png
775KB, 700x611px
Am I the only one that wants to play competitively on pokemon showdown, but is too intimidated by that fact that other people have been playing competitively much longer than I have?
pic unrelated
>>
You're fine. I'm trash and I still win most of the time lol. I don't know anything about building teams and I play randoms though so that might be why
>>
There's always going to be somebody who's been playing longer than you, and the longer you don't, the more time they'll have over you.
On the other hand, there'll always be people who've been playing for a shorter time than you, too.
And the amount an opponent has played doesn't mean a whole lot as to how good they are, anyway. So don't sweat it.
>>
>>27715127

I don't care about Pokémon competitively.
>>
>>27715127
Just go and play, and if you're affraid that others people are going to judge you just make a trash account until you think you're ready to be judged
>>
>>27715127
That's why rankings exist. Obviously you'll lose at first but you're only going to play against trash players until you get good so don't be intimidated
>>
>>27715505
Thanks for sharing it with the class timmy, gold star material

>>27715127
Showdown play is entry level. You can basically play the game for a million years and still be shit at it depending on your intellect, so just use common sense and get on the ladder until you reach most of the top.
>>
>>27715127
Not at all
>me and a friend each make a team
>start playing
>random joins to watch
>starts heckling my friend after every move he makes
>that was the only match we ever played
>>
>>27715127
That's how I felt when I started getting into competitive play. It'll fade after a while.

That being said, my heart still races like crazy when I play against someone else.
>>
Just do random battles until you get a feel for it. I was you a year ago
>>
>>27715127
I was much like you (specially since my first shot at a battle sim, back in HGSS days, had me using my terrible ingame team), but then I realized ranked will put you with players of similar experience, theoretically, so it's fine. Also a lot of people in Showdown are fucking stupid
>>
>>27715127
I've been playing for about 3 years now and still get nervous whenever I play ranked. But the feeling of winning when you learn how is good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.