[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when villain team was actually a threat? Just compare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

Remember when villain team was actually a threat?
Just compare that new Guzma guy with Ghetsis. Some street-gang delinquent vs headmaster of a huge criminal organization. Wow. Guzma is not even worthy of being a grunt.
Compare their fucking teams. 2 pokemon , one of which is fucking Ariados vs 6 decent mons team, leading with a pseudo-legend.
Gen 5 was a pinnacle of franchise, after it everything only goes down.
>>
Ghetsis is great, so dont sully him with your shitty bait thread.
>>
And Ghetsis achieved what?
>>
>>27713991

the villain team was an actual threat in XY but that didn't stop them from being the worst evil team in Pokemon
>>
I'm tired of these bitch ass niggas trying to end/rule the world with the bitch ass cover legendary. If Team Skull is just up to petty antics, then that would be the best thing to happen to evil teams since the turn of this millennium.
>>
>>27714041
He spent years conditioning a child to be viewed as a prodigy in a movement that involved tricking hundreds if not thousands of people (including that child) over fighting for what is arguably an actual noble cause.

He portrays himself to be a morally sound individual who truly put the main character in a position where they had to come to terms with potentially fighting an organization based around liberating Pokémon from abuse and harm, things you would have to put your own Pokémon through to stop them.

The issue being, he used the portrayal of being morally superior, something he invested years in constructing, to then get himself in a position where he could forced his will among the people of the region because he would be one of the few allowed to have Pokémon.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg, from a psychological perspective he is actually quite fascinating. And he would've completely succeeded theoretically if the player wasn't strong enough to beat the elite four, capture the legendary Pokémon, defeat N, and then defeat him. So much could've gone wrong, and he truly was the villain who was the closest to winning.
>>
>>27713991
Ghetsis is literally the equivalent of Champion, though.
He's the very last opponent in the main story.

Meanwhile, you fight Guzma who knows how early.
>>
>>27714267
So yeah, nothing. He went insane and now is taken care of by three ninjas like a decrepit old man.

>he truly was the villain who was the closest to winning.
That's Cryus. Like actually...
>>
I'm sick of delusional psychos....tho oras aqua were cool. I like this down to earth thing skill has going.
>>
>>27714267
Oh, and one can not forget that he has one of, if not the most epic battle songs in all of pokemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbLAFHo5Ts
>>
>>27714322
Giratina would've stopped Cyrus anyway. His plan was doomed to fail. Who would've stopped Ghetsis if you weren't there?
>>
>>27714379
At some point likely N. Also there's no guarantee Cyrus would have been stopped.
>>
>>27714322

>he truly was the villain who was the closest to winning.
>That's Cryus. Like actually...

"Cyrus is the nihilistic main antagonist of the Sinnoh games, with the ultimate goal of summoning Dialga and Palkia in order to destroy the universe so that he may start it again as its god"

He ended up getting stuck in a weird dimension and didn't want to leave, he didn't accomplish his goals. Arguably never even got close. And even then, what he did accomplish ended up having no impact on anybody. He basically disappeared.

Not really the same type of threat. And arguably much more "merciful" than Ghetsis.
>>
>>27714379
Who would've stopped any of the nain teams if you weren't there? The same argument applies.

Ghetsis was a fun team leader, but just because he had one of the biggest ambitions doesn't make his team the best.
>>
File: bait museum.jpg (118KB, 627x477px) Image search: [Google]
bait museum.jpg
118KB, 627x477px
>>27713991
The shitty generic anime supervillain shit has gotten old. I'm happy they're actually thugs.
>B-B-But look at how much weaker Guzma is than Ghetsis!
Yeah, why on earth would a fight near the beginning of the game be easier than a fight near the end of the game?
>B-But it's the first time you fight Ghetsis!
And it's the only time you fight Ghetsis. Show me the first time you fight a Plasma Admin. I'll bet that they only have two pokemon.

Out of all the shit to complain about in Gen 7, the evil team isn't one of them.
>>
>>27714322
Name me the villain boss who achieved anything?
Do you think that new Skull guy will achieve anything? They are villains in children game, they are doomed to fail.
>>
>>27714339
>They actually chant "Ghetsis" IN the song
I forgot about that, that's some good shit.
>>
File: akagi.jpg (7KB, 250x250px)
akagi.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
Cyrus looked like a harmless dried up twink though.
>>
>>27714469
>Arguably never even got close.
No... it's not arguable at all. He created the red chain and successfully dominated two of the most powerful legendaries to remake the world.

>>27714523
Ok?
>>
>>27714497
>And it's the only time you fight Ghetsis
They should have done the same with Guzma. At least this way, everyone remember Ghetsis as an awesome badass with great team and fucking Hydreugon.
Meanwhile Guzma will be forever remembered as a sucker with Ariados, even if his final team would consist of 6 legends.
>>
>>27714420

Cyrus was stuck between Giratina and Cynthia. It was over for him even without the protag there.

N tried and failed. His legendary dragon automatically lost to Kyreum and the DNA Splicers.

Giovanni and Ghetsis are the only team bosses whose plans weren't doomed to failure from the start.
>>
>>27714497
Shitty generic anime delinquent is better for you?

>>27714581
You used
>And Ghetsis achieved what?
as an argument about Ghetsis being a bad villain. I said that no villain in pokemon game really achieved anything meaningful.
>>
>>27714523
Giovanni retired and spends his days at the Pokemon World Tournament in Black2White2. Seems like a good life to me.
>>
>>27714634
>N tried and failed. His legendary dragon automatically lost to Kyreum and the DNA Splicers.
Utterly irrelevant. BW1 Ghestsis had none of these.

>>27714682
>You used "And Ghetsis achieved what" as an argument about Ghetsis being a bad villain.
No, I didn't. I'm point out that for all your hyping of Ghetsis he still accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>27714582
>Meanwhile Guzma will forever remembered as a sucker with Ariados
If by "forever" you mean "until the game comes out", sure.

Besides, he's not an anime supervillain. He's not gonna go hide away until the end of the game for "drama", he's gonna follow you around and bug you. He doesn't hold himself in a high enough regard to think he's so much better than you that he can't even be bothered to fight you.

>>27714682
>Shitty generic anime delinquent is better for you?
Yes, considering we've had shitty generic anime supervillains for 5 generations in a row now.
>>
>>27713991
I am fucking tired of saving the world, I just want to raise and battle with my fucking pokebros.

Any team that's even a little more down to earth than every team since rocket is a welcome change. And don't get me wrong I like gheists character.
>>
>>27714753
This. I'm tired of the "15 year old kid who just got his pokemon saves the entire universe!!!" shit. I don't mind stopping bad guys, but it feels stupid to be able to just completely destroy a colossal evil organization that has been years in the making.
>>
>>27713991
>Ghetsis sucks ass

Get over it faggot
>>
Any good villain names you can come up with? I'm thinking Guzma or Ghetsis-tier, as those names just scream Bad Guy.
>>
>>27714581
It didn't work, it couldn't work. Giratina prevented it all. If the player haven't been there, he still would not have been able to accomplish what he wanted simply due to Cynthia, who was there. There were other forces that we're going to prevent him.

I mean if you really want to argue about "technically" achieving something, sure. But it wasn't his initial plan, any could've never accomplished his initial plan... With or without the player. Again there were other forces that would've prevented it.

Ghetsis would have accomplished everything without the player, and there were so many instances where the player could have been stopped at multiple points towards the climax. Again, the elite four, catching the legendary, fighting N, and then fighting Ghetsis. He would've accomplished everything he wanted, something Cyrus could never have.

Adler was defeated, the champion was completely out of the game. Cynthia could have absolutely wrecked Cyrus. If you remember, she was in the distortion world as well.
>>
>>27714748
4 generations, I don't remember Team Rocket awakening Lugia to take over the world.
>>
>>27714746

As if it would be that hard to get them.

Capturing Kyurem is one of the first things he did after BW ended.
>>
>>27714881
>Cynthia could have absolutely wrecked Cyrus
I insist that N, once he saw what Ghetsis was trying to do (which would have been very soon after becoming Champion) could have brought him down.

>>27715042
Point still remains.
>>
>>27714469
>He ended up getting stuck in a weird dimension and didn't want to leave, he didn't accomplish his goals
Except he did achieve his goal. He wanted to recreate the universe to have a world all on his own, a world where he he could be in solitude and one without the spirit and emotions of humanity and Pokemon. In the end he got what he wanted, a world where he is the only existing being and he is in solitude. The Distortion World is essentially his ideal universe.
>>
>>27714497
>Show me the first time you fight a Plasma Admin.
Anon, there are no Plasma Admins, it's literally just the Grunts, N, and Ghetsis. Hell the only time you ever fight one of the other Sages is in B2W2 but even then in his first battle he has a Cryogonal and Sneasel in the 40s, this fight being towards the end of the game.
>>
>>27715201

Then his goals are inconsequential. At that point it's hard to call him a villain, he's just a narcissist. He did some crappy stuff to get what he wanted, but I have a really hard time believing his actions are on the same level as Ghetsis.
>>
File: 1467480876245.gif (987KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1467480876245.gif
987KB, 500x452px
>>27713991
>remember when muh edgy "control the world" bad guy was actually not a threat

I'd take punks over "world domination" fucks any day. Piss off.
>>
File: forty big keks.png (347KB, 600x528px)
forty big keks.png
347KB, 600x528px
>>27714497
>Plasma Admin
>>
>villain that got closest to his goal
That's DP Cyrus.
He didn't lose because the player beat him.
he lost because Saturn went full retard at a crucial moment.
>>
>>27715522
>I KNOW!
>I WILL CALL HIM "EDGY", IT WILL SHOW THEM FOR SURE!
And guy who leads team SKULL and calls himself "destruction" is not edgy at all, right?
>>
>>27713991
>Gen 5
>Pinnacle of anything
The only good thing to come out of Gen 5 was Team Plasma's theme. It was a shitty game with the shittiest villain.
>>
File: 1467389635072.png (24KB, 232x139px) Image search: [Google]
1467389635072.png
24KB, 232x139px
>>27715651
>Comparing a street thug who's too dumb to realize anything to a madman who actually thought he's going to control the world
Team Skull is a bunch of goons and street punks and they're obviously not going to have a bigger motivation than Team Rocket - but that's perfect for a pokemon game.

We don't need the baddest, edgiest villains in games with such light hearted mechanics as Pokemon. It just makes them look silly, rather than threatening.
>"I'm going to rule the world!"
>Sends out DJ Blue Frog to fight kids
See? It just doesn't work.
>>
>>27715674

>gen 6 not shittiest game

shit taste confirmed. Gen 6 was such a kick in the teeth for older pokemon fans in general. Shitty story with shitty characters pandering to people who watch the anime for "muh comfy pokemon journey". Blobby, uninteresting mons. Little to no side content/post-game content. And I know pokemon has never truly been challenging in main game, but gen 6 it just became a joke.
>>
>>27714339
And people will STILL call gen 5 shit after hearing this master-piece. Ghetsis is truly the best Pokemon villain ever.
>>
>>27715674
How can you live with such horrible taste?
>>
>>27715802
Ghetsis actually tried to kill you with a sword though.
>>
>>27715879
Your mother's pussy does leave a horrible taste in my mouth, yeah.
>>
>>27714264
>petty antics
Only bitch ass niggas do that shit
>>
>>27715606
What did Saturn do?
>>
>>27717483
Not stopping the player from releasing the lake trio.
>>
>>27715978
Well I'm sorry, but I guess you can't fix the horrible taste you had after sucking your faggot father's dick.
>>
>>27714497
>Out of all the shit to complain about in Gen 7
Barely anything.
>>
>>27714582
A Hydreugon that will rip apart your legendary no less.
Unlike that chick in Delta episode.
>>
>>27713991
Isn't there a scene with Guz saying they are all failed leaders or whatever? Wouldn't make sense he uses shit mons and his team is a band of street thugs that do low level crime?
>>
>>27714264
This, I'm glad the new team is actually just a gang and not people trying to end the world. Even if that was Team Rocket's overall plan, the nuts and bolts were ranksaking labs and business offices
>>
>>27713991
Remember when the villain team leaders had non-shit hairstyles?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.