[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Makes Alola Raichu and Marowak >Leaves Cubone and Pikachu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: damn it gamefreak.jpg (116KB, 856x968px) Image search: [Google]
damn it gamefreak.jpg
116KB, 856x968px
>Makes Alola Raichu and Marowak
>Leaves Cubone and Pikachu the same
>Not making a Alola version of your beloved mascot

Damn it Gamefreak, the one pokemon i was expecting to get a Alola form doesn't. Why would you not do that.
>>
This skip the full evolution aniamtion which is suspicious.
>>
>>27709643
It's actually the smart move to leave Pikachu as is. Giving the mascot an Alola form would mean that you can't get the regular form normally. Having Raichu be the one to get a new form is the best way to get Pikachu into the whole subspecies thing without actually touching the mascot.
>>
>>27709663
No...
>>
>>27709663
not really why would you waste the time? the evolution cutscene has always been needlessly long in every game
>>
>>27709663
No, it's just too long.
>>
File: tumblr_mhiz2s1ZJ91ql4xdgo1_250.gif (390KB, 250x181px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhiz2s1ZJ91ql4xdgo1_250.gif
390KB, 250x181px
>>27709643
Pikachu got its Alola form back in Gen 1.
>>
>>27709643
this is how its been since exeggutor
>>
>>27709690
>you can't get the regular form normally
Oh right, completely forgot about that. Then it would be stupid to give it Alola form. Guess they know what they're doing then.
>>
You're retarded if you thought they were gonna alter Pikachu in any way shape or form.
You don't change the design of the mascot like that.

>>27709663
It isn't. The evolution animation is long and this is a trialer. There's no need to show the whole thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 400x267px
>>27709643
You're treading on thin ice OP
>>
>>27709643
imo, there's a chance we'll still get an alolan pikachu (skipped evolution screen was a lil fishy), and it'll just be surfing pikachu. not too much of a cosmetic change to deface their precious mascot, plus it includes the double-whammy of pandering to gen 1's pokemon yellow. this would be somewhat of a significant reveal so perhaps they're saving it. i will admit it's a bit disconcerting that they would have revealed alolan raichu solo before pikachu... but we'll see. i'm sort of 60% sure. just doesn't make much sense that a pikachu wouldn't need to 'adapt' to alola, whereas the second it evolves, raichu has to look entirely different.
>>
>>27709643
Why the fuck would they change the design of their mascot Pokemon? That's like Disney changing their mascot to Oswald the Rabbit for 4 years.
>>
>ground type
>becomes ghost/fire
>doesn't keep a single original type

Ok
>>
File: breaking_news.jpg (210KB, 698x422px) Image search: [Google]
breaking_news.jpg
210KB, 698x422px
>>27710499
OP here. >>27709690 gives a good explanation why. They won't make normal Pikachu unobtainable through catching, i doubt they'll force kids to transfer it from a previous game.

>>27710591
I was thinking more from the anime perspective than the game one. Anime would allow both forms on screen since Ash will be going there.
>>
>>27710499
>imo, there's a chance we'll still get an alolan pikachu (skipped evolution screen was a lil fishy)
>i will admit it's a bit disconcerting that they would have revealed alolan raichu solo before pikachu... but we'll see. i'm sort of 60% sure
I doubt it. They've always skipped full evolution screens in previous trailers. Also vulpix/ninetales and sandshrew/sandslash evolution trailers only featured alola forms. Both cubone and pikachu are probably stuck with their known forms.
>>
>>27710695
fair point, it does seem a bit convoluted to sort of falsely imply there isn't alolan pre-evos. guess i'm just trying to comfort my inflamed autism that they've just skipped redesigning pika and cubone. such a weird curveball for regular pikachu to evolve into a fucking telekinetic silver surfer.
>>
>>27710623
Eevee.
Azurill before Gen VI
>>
>>27709690
>Giving the mascot an Alola form would mean that you can't get the regular form normally.

why would you not be able to catch the regular form?
>>
>>27711634
Because the game takes place in Alola..?
>>
>>27711634
>pokemon adapts to new form
>can be found in old form
Why would there be non-adapted Pikachu in the environment?
>>
>>27710864
Azurill didn't even kept its gender
>>
>>27710864
It's still quite odd since
>it's 2 completely different types at once
>changing type completely was Eevee's gimmick and Azurill is just a weird anomaly that possibly had some of its code copypasted from Igglybuff or Cleffa (see: bizarre gender ratio)
>>
>>27711670
Drop one in via the story. Not all have to be wild encounters.
>>
They would never do something that drastic to the mascot

Cubone probably should have be retyped to Fire and holds his bone like a torch
>>
Pikachu is the one Pokemon that will never get a proper alternate form and you don't know shit if you don't know why.
>>
I'm going with the theory that Alolan Marowak is essentially a "ghost marowak" like in Lavender Town in RBY and that Cubone stays the same.
>>
>>27711898
Well you're wrong
>>
>>27711929
oh okay, got pics of alolan cubone?
>>
>>27711898
I like that theory, but the truth is that Alolan Marowak gets its ghost type without dying.

Unless they plan to retcon that death in a upcoming re-remake of gen 1. Which wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>A ground-type evolves into a fire/ghost type
Why the fuck is this allowed?
>>
>>27711701
Yes, this could happen.

But the op was talking about catching one, hence, why I wasn't fond of it.
>>
>>27711701
that would be pretty cool
>>
>>27709643
>how does marketing work
>why didn't they fuck with brand recognition for the sake of a single games gimmick
Come on dumbass
>>
>>27711994

Well no, it doesn't die in the traditional sense, but really is there a single ghost pokemon that isn't either something dead (or at least a spirit) or something being animated by a spirit? It makes plenty of sense that an Alolan Marowak would just be a Marowak's ghost.
>>
>>27712140
Well, the original Pikachu wouldn't cease to exist.
>>
File: Pikachu_PopStar[1].png (134KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu_PopStar[1].png
134KB, 400x480px
>>27711786
???
>>
I wonder if we'll get a situation where since Alolan pokemon have different movesets than non-Alolan ones, we'll end up getting ways to breed non-alolan moves onto alolan pokemon (i.e. Flamethrower from non-Alolan Vulpix to Alolan Vulpix, or Dragon Pulse from Alolan Exeggutor to non-Alolan Exeggcute
>>
>>27709643
>Marowak
>Ghost/Fire
Ok so maybe this is just a play on the fire rod or even the lore that cubone may be a Charmander with a Charizard skull. I like the typing and design, cool.
>Lightning Rod
LOL
>>
>>27709643
I believe that's the point. Its an evolutionary process and the change is in the DNA before they evolution and that DNA alters the evolution.
With vulpix/sandshrew its different as they live in a completely different habitat and the change is much deeper. Its not really a stretch to think that alolan raichu and alolan marowak give birth to a normal pikachu and cubone, but I certainly can't see alolan Ninetales giving birth to a typical fire vulpix.
>>
File: 1444146633300.png (13KB, 229x219px) Image search: [Google]
1444146633300.png
13KB, 229x219px
>>27709643
>Alola Raichu Marowak
>implying that showing regular Cubone and Pikachu isn't a red herring for a later showcase

I bet you also think there isn't an Alola Persian, too.
>>
>>27712262
Just wait until he grabs his bone and spins it in the air to catch electricity.
>>
>>27711898
Didn't the dex entry mention that they channel the power of the spirits through their torch spinning?
>>
File: 1436829191593.png (438KB, 620x627px) Image search: [Google]
1436829191593.png
438KB, 620x627px
>>27710679
Hey, did you ever stop to consider Nintendo/Game Freak's statement about making a big change to pikachu that they didn't think would be well received by the audience?

Maybe Alola-Pikachu is that "big change."
>>
>>27712194
a "proper" alternate form.
>>
>>27712262
Lightning Rod still nullifies electric even if not a ground type. if anything it's better since Marowak gets a sp.atk boost from it
>>
>>27712222
I've wondered this, will Ninetales get access to its fire moves still due to egg moves? Will Alolan pokemon get different egg movelists?
>>
>>27712325
that could be, didn't read any dex entries. Still, Alolan Marowaks being "dead" would be a neat bit of lore for the gen-1 crowd
>>
>>27712315
that's fucking badass
>>
>>27712343

well it's obvious that Alolan pokemon have different movesets since Vulpix/Ninetales get ice moves, so that'd presumably go for egg moves as well. I'd just like to see it possible to have different moves for the others, similar to how only Light Ball Pikachu breeding can result in Volt Tackle
>>
>>27712341
I don't care what the effect of the ability is if the actual chance of activation is so retardedly low. Who is going to hit Marowak with an electric move? I hate having to switch in a Pokemon for a gimmick and having to use a water type (for example) as lightning rod bait. It's the same as Sceptile: Who uses thunderbolt on it?
>>
>>27712413
You won't, which means there's a low chance of it ever getting paralyzed.
>>
>>27712315
pretty much every Lightningrod pokemon has had some jutting-out appendage so It'd make sense. Rhydon has the horn, Sceptile has the tail, and Marowak has the bone.
>>
>>27712298
Of course we will get an Alolan Persian. Do you think Dark Meowth will evolve into Normal Persian? If a pre-evo gets a new form, you can basically count on it being a set. A different case would be Exeggutor, where I don't think we will get an Alolan Exeggcute.
>>
>>27709663
What need would there be to show that long as animation? It's like 7 seconds long. Learn to advertise.
>>
>>27712298
Just like alolan eggsacute
OH WAIT
>>
>>27712413

It also draws it from attacks on a partner so lighting rod Pokemon make excellent partners to shit like Gyrados in doubles.
>>
>>27712791
That's pretty cool.

If anyone ever actually played Doubles, it could be useful, too.
>>
>>27709643
>implying that they do not have unique alola forms
>implying gamefreak would show every evolution and pre evolution of alola forms spoiling the game
>>
>>27714226

Doubles is the official format.
>>
>>27712470
>where I don't think we will get an Alolan Exeggcute.
Because we won't. We've already seen normal Exeggcute
>>
>>27712333
That whole thing was in reference to Detective Pikachu
>>
>>27709643
>Teach cubone earthquake and other good moves
>Evolve it
>Can't learn them anymore
>>
>>27715672
99% battles are single in the game.
>official format
GTFO with your VGC bullshit no one care about your shit
>>
>>27711898
If for some reason we got a second gen 1 remake I could see them turning the ghost Marowak into Alolan Marowak.
>>
>>27712262
>immunities are bad
should've gotta Huge Power instead imirite
>>
>>27715952
should've leave Rock Head as it was because Flare Blitz combo.
> no fuck it let's leave Lightning Rod because Marowak was always special
imirite?
>>
>>27715817
Which is a shame. I'd have liked it if Alolan Exeggute's shells weren't cracked.
>>
>>27712079
The cubone dies and is cremated. BAM, fire/ghost.
>>
Pikachu itself will never change because people will complain

The closest you got was the costumes in ORAS
>>
>>27715985
>should've leave Rock Head as it was because Flare Blitz combo

that's boring, i'm pretty sure it's gonna have its share of fire/ghost "bone" moves to make it more fun to use instead of just turning it into a Fire type Tyrantrum
>>
>>27710354
>Jibanyan wearing an airplane hat
now that wasn't even trying
>>
File: lyv5t9tqzzbgv09hygtb.jpg (66KB, 636x339px) Image search: [Google]
lyv5t9tqzzbgv09hygtb.jpg
66KB, 636x339px
>>27710280
>in any way shape or form.
>>
>>27712154
Ghost-types aren't really dead, though
>>
>>27710280
>what are Pikachus costumes in Gen6
>>
>Alolan Meowth evolves
>is now a normal Persian
>>
>>27712079
this post screams reddit
>>
>>27709643
SURFING PIKACHU FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>27709643
Pikachu has like 50 fucking forms, i think maybe just maybe Raichu should get some love, but they shafted Cubone though, pieces of shit, his mom is fucking dead
>>
>>27709643
>Not making a Alola version of your beloved mascot

Changing the appearance of your mascot isn't a good thing.

Also the new mimic pokemon would look weird by comparison
>>
File: Victor_and_Puka.png (299KB, 620x468px) Image search: [Google]
Victor_and_Puka.png
299KB, 620x468px
C'mon, Game Freak, he's got the blue eyes already and everything. If i remember the episode right he could even SENSE waves coming.
>>
>>27709643
So does this mean that Pikachu will always evolve into Alolan Raichu or will there be ways to chose how Raichu evolves? Will Pikachu be able to learn surf from the HM now?
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.