[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Normal trainers have 1 Pokemon >Skull Boss has 2 >Captains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

File: uesjidrhf.png (764KB, 1030x681px) Image search: [Google]
uesjidrhf.png
764KB, 1030x681px
>Normal trainers have 1 Pokemon
>Skull Boss has 2
>Captains have 3
Reminder to NOT have more than 3 Pokemon in your party or you'll have an unfair advantage.
>>
Fuck, with all these amazing Pokemon and breaks from monotony, I'm going to be sad as fuck if they kill it by making nothing matter in an unlosable game again.
>>
>>27708949
They simplified the gameplay.
>>
To be honest I'm actually considering a small team run. Maybe 2-3 pokemon, filling out the team to 4-5 near the end. I hope they have the Gen V experience mechanic so I don't end up massively overleveled if I do though.
>>
>>27708949
I thought you all just used your starter to beat the game?
>>
>>27708949
This is a hard pill to swallow after playing Star sapphire with its full team gym leaders and trainers.
>>
Why cater to the original fans constantly with references and new Gen 1 forms, and then make the game almost unplayable for adults?

Find some fucking middle ground, GF. Fuck.
>>
>>27709076
Its goin to be press A to win the game again
>>
>>27708949
I think it's pretty fair, I have to beat like 20 people before healing while they only have to beat me once.
>>
>>27708949
>he doesn't know how it works
I'm probably going to have a team of 12-15 Pokemon in constant rotation. If there's somehow gen V experience system it would be even better.
>>
>>27709076
>unovan exp system
>gauntlet with each trial
>capped by wombo combo totem hordes
This is shaping to be the most difficult game in the series
>>
>>27709502
>unovan exp system

Has this been confirmed?
>>
>>27709502
Hmmm, why does EXP seem to work differently in Pokemerica than everywhere else?
>>
>>27708949
>Only use 3 Pokemon to try and make things fair

> team ends up massively over levelled and it ends up being eaiser than xandy
>>
>>27708949

Gen 5 killed the series with this dumb rule
>>
>>27709650
>> team ends up massively over levelled and it ends up being eaiser than xandy

Thats why I'm really hoping for Gen V exp
>>
>>27708949
dam i didnt know you played the whole game to discover this fact surely they won't get more as the game progresses
>>
>>27709650
>> team ends up massively over levelled
A bit over levelled, ok i'd blame the game/exp system.
Massively overlevelled? That's your own fault for going around beating everything you see.
>>
>>27709740
I want to believe they will, but come on man, XY did not set a good predecent
>>
>>27709573
Yes
>>
File: MEGANIUM_250.gif (78KB, 250x250px)
MEGANIUM_250.gif
78KB, 250x250px
>b-but the games were always piss easy!!
I'm tired of this stupid argument. The first three gens were easy, but you still had to pay attention to what you were doing or else most gyms leaders and even some normal trainers would destroy you.

Children nowadays are treated like they are mentally handicapped. They are being robbed of the sense of accomplishment and the engaging level of difficulty those "easy" games had.

If the games were always pretty easy, why make them even easier, to the point where even 8 year olds find them boring as fuck? Kids can appreciate a good challenge, as long as the game does a good job explaining how to become good at it.

I doubt today's kids will remember these games as fondly as we remember the older games. They are completely forgettable because you don't even have to pay attention to what you are doing. They aren't engaging, they are just shallow pieces of shit in terms of difficulty.

I played Crystal recently and got my ass handed to me a couple of times, even though I'm now aware of physical and special types, stat boosting and all that stuff. I was using too many shitmons, though. It's not just nostalgia or "remembering wrong".

TL;DR: The games were always easy, but this is ridiculous. They shouldn't have been made any easier, because it prevents even kids from feeling a sense of accomplishment. They are straight up bad games.
>>
>>27709573
No, but people are seeing experience differences against the same Pokemon with different mons. Like, a Ladyba was seen giving different amounts of exp to differently leveled Pokemon
>>
>>27709647
No Child Left Behind.
>>
Please let there be a challenge mode
>>
>>27709820
No
>>
How do they make those difficulty rom hacks?

I'd to make one on day 1 if it's not that hard.
>>
>>27709828
source???
>>
I hope they have difficulty modes and the two mon shit is just being on easy. Who am I kidding though?
>>
>>27709827
This, I grew up in the NES era so I know kids are capable of move than these retarded businesses think they are.

I beat Battletoads when I was fucking 5, I was playing Final Fantasy 1 then, which is harder than Hard Mode B/W2,

Stop treating kids like retards.
>>
>>27709828
I think I remember hearing that (or maybe I just want to), thanks anon
>>
>>27708949
It's literally the first time you see the Skull members, of course they won't have a full team of six.
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/teamplasma.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/plasma.shtml
Every team admin and boss starts with 2 or 3 Pokemon and it goes up as the game progresses.
>>
>>27709293
Just like every game huh.
>>
>>27708949
We've only seen gameplay from early parts of the game, you fucktard
>>
>>27709827
Your experience was awesome and cool, but don't act like
>They are completely forgettable because you don't even have to pay attention to what you are doing. They aren't engaging, they are just shallow pieces of shit in terms of difficulty.
doesn't apply to it.
>>
>>27709957
The changes are because of adults and causals.
>>
>>27709985
Yeah, the problem is it might end up being like XY where the numbers do not go any higher than 3, 4 at best. And if this applies to the enemy team then chances are it'll apply to the captains, kahuna, everything but the final boss, whatever that may be.

I don't want that to be the case, I really hope I'm wrong and its closer to Platinum or BW, but XY was a bad precedent
>>
File: xW2jQMe.jpg (303KB, 1608x1796px) Image search: [Google]
xW2jQMe.jpg
303KB, 1608x1796px
>>27709957
>Stop treating kids like retards.
Stop treating kids as geniuses.
>>
>>27710093
Kids are babied and not allowed to grow, they are told to reject any challenge outside of school/work because MUH REAL LIFE.
>>
>>27708949
>letting only 3 pokemon have all the experiance

Nigga you'll get over leveled as hell doing this
>>
>>27708949
You need to keep a full team, unless you want to end up massively overleveled.

However, a self imposed rule to just take 3 pokemon to a captain fight might be fair
>>
>>27709319
Ever since gen V, they have taken to have healing npcs in the middle of routes.
>>
>>27710170
Literally only gen V has that. All the other gens have that one specific house.
>>
who the fuck even travels around with a full team of 6 pokes?

dont get me wrong i reallly like a challenge mode in this game, or just higher base difficulty. at the same time i normally finish every pokemon game with 4 actual pokemon i train,sometimes 5 if they are lucky
>>
>>27710227
Nope, ORAS has them as well.
>>
File: 1464367832870.png (351KB, 599x399px) Image search: [Google]
1464367832870.png
351KB, 599x399px
>>27710093
>y can't metroid crawl

Everytime
>>
File: 1305863552066.png (55KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1305863552066.png
55KB, 500x600px
>>27709827
I think the old GBC graphics also made the game more memorable. Some of the sprites were really weird and forced you to use your imagination to make sense of them. I used to think the fat guy in Route 30 who gives you the first berry in Gold looked like a Drowzee. Things like that made the game feel magical and interesting.

The weird, dry translations, along with the character limit that forced the translators to shorten some words, gave the games a mysterious, almost alien feeling too. Some of the lines sounded really artificial and strange.

This is just opinion, though. But I still prefer those games over the remakes. The gameplay is the only thing that was definitely worse. But at the same time, the lack of natures and being able to max your EVs in all the stats made the games a lot more enjoyable for people with OCD. Training pokemon was just mindless fun, you could just catch a wild pokemon and make it your bro. You didn't have to worry about it having a shitty nature or screwing up its EVs.

The fact that not all the types were balanced was also kind of enjoyable. Today we have similar moves for almost every type, which makes them less unique. Back then, every type had their own moves with their own special effects and drawbacks. There wasn't "X move but with a different type" or "the fire type version of Y".
>>
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/challenge-for-pokemon-sun-moon
>>
File: STOP.png (322KB, 794x429px)
STOP.png
322KB, 794x429px
>>27708949
ohhey it's this meme again
>>
>>27708949
This is the thing that always pissed me off in pokemon: overpowering other teams with sheer numbers. The XY Elite 4 battles were stupid.
>>
>>27710288
Show me.
>>
>>27709827

Gen 1 was so broken it was retarded levels of easy.

For the VC release I best the Elite Four with a team of level 40 Pokemon.
>>
>>27709827
>you still had to pay attention to what you were doing or else most gyms leaders and even some normal trainers would destroy you.
You had to if you were mentally challenged.
>>
>>27710302
>tfw I started the campaign
>tfw it died because I didn't give it enough attention
>tfw I killed Pokemon
>>
>>27709917
>>27709967
It's in the e3 gameplay if you guys want to find it. Or check smogon, they might have screen caps
>>
>>27710075
I have some hope because in the past trailer we see Hala has three Pokemon when we battle him. According to the official page we have to beat the Kahuna of an island before moving to the next, and seeing as Hala is the first one and already has three on his team it sets it up for the other Kahunas to have an equal or larger amount of Pokemon.
>>
>>27710454
I do hope so. Fingers crossed I guess.
>>
>>27710227
XY has them too in the ice cavern, that reflection cave, and the cave between that palace and the city where you get fossils.

Also, there are beds scattered throughout all gens where you can sleep in to fully restore your mons.
>>
>>27710227
Off the top of my head, theres a nurse on the way to Mt Pyre, May heals you up a few times, and theres healing houses on at least two routes. Fairly sure theres more but I'm not going to comb through and find them.
>>
>>27710705
meant to reply to >>27710332
but you get the idea
>>
>>27710395
Thanks anon
>>
>Not just doing a Nuzlocke run if you want challenge
>>
>>27708949
>unfair advantage
>not enjoying steamrolling the evil team's members
>>
>>27710323
You mean BW.
>>
>>27708949
On one hand, the idea of having the region based on Hawaii and removing HM's and changing the formula of the game is awesome.

On the other hand, the game looks like it will be super easy and hand hold the player.

It will still probably be the third best game of the year only behind Zelda and Shantae.
>>
>>27710840
>I only know mainstream games
>>
>>27708949
>The evil gang isn't even a threat because they have so few fucking pokemon
so they're team flare 2.0
>>
>>27710902
Pretty much most of the teams have been cakewalks except the upper echelons of Plasma and to a lesser extent Galactic.
>>
>>27710093
>i've played SM a million times but suddenly it's like I never learned how to morph ball. Plz help!
what's wrong with this guy
>y cant metroid crawl
Fuck this guy, though.
>>
>>27710902
You mean team Rocket/Neo Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galactic/Plasma/Neo Plasma/Flare 2.0
>>
>>27710819
BW started the trend and then bad N and Ghetsis at the end with a full team anyway. N even had the box legend at a higher level than yours, so you'd always get fucked unless you critted him.
>>
>>27709835
Underrated post
>>
>>27710888
>Shantae
>Mainstream

She's more popular now than she ever was before and Half Genie Hero will probably sell very well since it's getting a physical copy, but she isn't mainstream. Get your facts straight.
>>
>>27710941
And Maxie in Emerald.
>>
>>27708949
>Have 3 pokemon in team
>25 level ahead of captains
>>
>>27710961
>N even had the box legend at a higher level than yours, so you'd always get fucked unless you critted him.

I think N's AI purposely makes dumb decisions in the legendary vs legendary fight though, I can't think of a time his has beat mine.
>>
>>27710961
And Diantha had 6 Pokemon too. What's your point?

>so you'd always get fucked unless you critted him.
Get fucked by what? The signature move that takes out 30% of your dragon's HP? Or the hit-n-recharge move which leaves it completely exposed?
>>
>>27711099
He probably used Fusion Whatever first and got fucked when N responded with his.
>>
>>27708949
>Game footage is not final

BTFO, OP.
>>
Yfw they put in a difficulty setting because we've complained so much, but just haven't shown it in trailers due to it being scripted for that specific video
>>
>>27711193
>implying
>>
>>27709827
>I played Crystal recently and got my ass handed to me a couple of times,
GIT
GUD
>>
>>27711309
I'm actually pretty damn good in competitive battles, but I chose Chikorita and made a team of total shitmons like Gen2 Jumpluff. It was miserable.
>>
>>27709111
They fixed it.
>>
>>27709213
You know if you wanted a challenge you could always, I don't know, play against real players?
>>
>>27709319
> I have to beat like 20 people before healing
since when can you not just use potions or walk back to the mon center?
>>
>>27709827
>The first three gens were easy, but you still had to pay attention to what you were doing or else most gyms leaders and even some normal trainers would destroy you.
You're shitting me. For the first three gens, I literally just only ever used my starter, and I creamed my way through the game.
>>
>>27713110
>not training 6 mons
>being overleveled
I don't see how anyone can enjoy the games like this. Are Veghesther?
>>
>>27713167
How a seven-year-old enjoyed the games is irrelevant: You didn't have to pay jack shit attention to what you were doing.
>>
People can be so fucking retarded. It's as if they showed the entire game with the trailers...
>>
>>27713167
God, don't mention that autist. He's so annoying and repetitive most people think he's a bot.
>>
>>27711846
I also enjoy battling several landorus
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.