[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pokémon that you think are cool and always wanted to train

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 45754745.png (37KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
45754745.png
37KB, 200x175px
ITT: Pokémon that you think are cool and always wanted to train but get utterly demotivated when looking at their stats, types, movepools, etc.
>>
>>27706972
Dustox...
>>
I use mine as an emergency shiny catcher. Damp with Spore, Rage Powder and False swipe.
>>
I never had any friends so I could never get gengar. I'm not wasting my time on haunters stats. Same for onix and scyther sadly.
>>
>>27707014
I trained a beautyfly exclusively for contests. Other than moves, level doesn't matter, but my level 80 bug was a bro
>>
>>27707022
>>27707056
You just reminded me of other features pokémon can accomplish in game other than only battling. Now I feel like a shallow player than only punches through the game battling, without enjoying anything else about it...
>>
I raise them anyways, its fun.
>>
Bayleef, Xatu, Corsola... Great design with absolutely awful stats and movepools.

I'm talking about the original games, though.
>>
>>27706972
I tried to use Surskit and Masquerain on gen3. I couldn't.
>>
>>27707157
I have a friend like you. at least you took it upon yourself to realize your flaws unlike him
>>
File: 631.png (28KB, 333x344px) Image search: [Google]
631.png
28KB, 333x344px
Its not just that he's not a very good pokemon, I could get over that. You can still use 99% of the pokedex on an in game team. But he doesn't show up until the last fucking areas in the games that he's in, so even if you were willing to use him over a better fire type, you'd have to wait the whole damn game to get him!

Maybe I'll just breed one and use it as a replacement starter in a game sometime.
>>
Delcatty
>>
>>27706972
so bug type general then?
>>
File: pokemans_078.gif (14KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemans_078.gif
14KB, 600x600px
Even more discouraged by its 3d model.
>>
>>27708733
Xatu is kinda mediocre but usable. Psychic and drill peck are all you need.

I have used a corsola in game. It's very weak and useless in the latter batltles, but it does decently against the plethora of normal pokemon and pokemon with only normal moves that you encounter through the game.
>>
>>27707157
Of course there are other roles they can fill. Like that of an HK slave.
>>
>>27708809
What moveset did you use? Masquerain does better with special moves, even though they get no stabs. A lot of SE hits redeem it.
>>
>>27706972
Nearly every regional bug.
>>
>>27709677
>fire blast
>solarbeam
>sunny day
>double kick
It was a good feel to use it in Fire Red.
>>
>>27706972

Yanma due to either being really annoying to catch (1% encounter rate), relegated to post-game, given a shit tier movepool until its in the high 50's or a combination of two or more.
>>
Bunnelby, Can't get over the ugliness of diggersby.
>>
All of them.
>>
File: 606Beheeyem_Dream.png (13KB, 191x271px) Image search: [Google]
606Beheeyem_Dream.png
13KB, 191x271px
>>27706972
I actually get demotivated at Beeheyem's battling potential if anything. Specs Analytic seems tempting as it would OHKO many things, but being locked to Psychic makes it the biggest Pursuit bait ever. I might try it on the Sun/Moon Battle Spot equivalent for shits and giggles.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.