[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do these Alolan forms work? Because I want Alolan Raichu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: surfsup.png (791KB, 1024x572px) Image search: [Google]
surfsup.png
791KB, 1024x572px
So how do these Alolan forms work?

Because I want Alolan Raichu to be the permanent Raichu design for me for the foreseeable future
>>
Probably gonna be if you catch a Pikachu in Alola or breed a Pikachu in Alola it'll evolve into Alola Raichu, but if you bring a Pikachu that was bred/caught in any of the other regions into S/M it evolves into regular Raichu.
>>
>>27704432
Pretty sure you just capture a native Pikachu and evolved it.
>>
>>27704432
I wonder what will they do with Alola forms in the future games when Alola is no more. Also, is it called "Alolan Raichu" or just "Raichu" in game?
>>
>>27704432
>>27704504
This. Remember that "+" that appears in the stat screen of Alola native pokemon? That's how the game knows what form a pikachu, cubone, exeggcute, etc. should evolve into.

>>27705899
So it follows in response to this question that when you trade an Alolan pikachu to future games, it will evolve into Alolan Raichu. But it is unlikely that you will be able to find these Alolan forms in the new games, as they won't be native to new regions which will probably have their own unique forms. In short, you'll be making use of the pokebank to transfer them over.
>>
My idea is that there would be an NPC that would turn your Pokemon into Alola-mons.
>>
>>27704504
But the regular Raichu has the second typing?
>>
Pikachu caught in Alola will have a little number in their code that says "ALOLA PIKACHU" and that Pikachu will always evolve into Alola Raichu.

>>27705899
Option 1: Gamefreak completely ditches the concept after this generation. The most likely option.

Option 2: Next generation they start to do forms of Gen 2 Pokemon, and so on.
>>
>>27705899
It's just called Raichu. In the pokedex it will likely differentiate it as an Alolan form.
>>
>>27705899
Because it's a form it'll probably just be named raichu, but in the pokedex on forms it'll probably tell you it's alolan like the other forms
>>
>>27705971

That wouldn't make any sense lore wise.
>>
>>27705899

>Add a safari zone area for exotic Pokemon
>Add Aola forms
>>
>>27705982
>>27705899
>suddenly, Sinnohian forms
>>
MODS
>>
>>27706021
Could totally see them retconning Sinnoh forms in for the remakes.
>>
>>27705982
My money is on the same way new Megas were introduced in ORAS despite not being in the original RSE, we'll have Sinnoh Forms introduced in DPP remakes
>>
>>27706038
>>27706035
>>27706021

SINNOHMIND
>>
>>27705977
No, why would it? This isn't like Magnemite becoming Steel type in Gen 2, Alonan Raichu's aren't replacing all Raichu's they're just a seperate form, the game will just have both Raichu's data and will just give you the form you should have when you transfer it.
>>
>>27706021
>dp remakes
>distortion realm has wild mons including gold unowns,fossil skeletons, giratina looking zubats and deformed ghost Pokemon
>>
>>27706061
Then I guess they didn't change Raichu at all for me, because this new design is BALLZ
>>
>>27705982
>Next generation they start to do forms of Gen 2 Pokemon
>implying this isn't a gimmick that will only be around for Gen 7
>>
>>27706087

Are you retarded? Did you think Alola forms were permanent changes to the old Pokemon?
>>
>>27706108
That was option 1, which is the most likely.
The coolest feature in years and it'll be gone in a few.
>>
I expect Alola mons to appear in future safari zones type places in future games
>>
>>27706114
No, but I sure as fuck hoped Raichu would become psychic in the regular form, because I like the typing but hate the new form.
>>
>>27705899
>this little island has a climate similar to Alola
>it is said that some Pokemon evolve differently here
>>
File: back_to_reddit.jpg (153KB, 794x810px) Image search: [Google]
back_to_reddit.jpg
153KB, 794x810px
>>27706087
>BALLZ
>>
>>27706087
Why would you want all Raichu to become Electric/Psychic without anything else Alola Raichu's going to get? Regular Raichu gets no damaging Psychic moves so all the typing would do is give him extra weaknesses with no benefits.
>>
>>27706151

Why would Alola forms change the old forms typing you retard?
>>
File: 1466983264013.png (184KB, 359x255px) Image search: [Google]
1466983264013.png
184KB, 359x255px
>>27706169
>>
>>27706174
Refer to >>27706151 fag

>>27706171
Because I hate the new form but like the typing
>no psychic moveset
allowing Raichu to learn psychic attacks would be a obvious thing if that were to happen, don't you think?
>>
>>27706213
>allowing Raichu to learn psychic attacks would be a obvious thing if that were to happen, don't you think?
No, considering it's been an electric type for 6 generations. Why would Gamefreak let it learn psychic moves suddenly in Gen 7 when people transferred their level 100 raichu bros all the way from Gen 3 or even Gen 1?
>>
>>27706213
Then there would be no fucking difference between the two forms?

Did you think that all ninetales would be ice/fairy too?

The only thing that makes any of what you're saying reasonable is the fact that you're probably really underage
>>
>>27705899
Hold items for breeding Alola eggs seems likely.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.