[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been debating on whether to get a 3ds or 2ds to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (12KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 301x167px
So I've been debating on whether to get a 3ds or 2ds to try these new games out...they're looking pretty neat to me...which system should I grab
>>
2DS because it's cheap. Spending a lot of money on the 3DS now is stupid since it's going to get killed by the NX soon anyway.
>>
If you're just gonna play Pokémon, the 2DS. It's cheaper.
>>
2DS if you're a cheap motherfucker

Regular size New 3DS otherwise since at the end of the month they start going for $150
>>
A standard New 3DS because it's not obsolete unlike the rest
>>
Op here,well 2ds it is cuz I'm a cheap fucker!
>>
>>27695136
Also the main reason to consider the New 3DS is that XY and ORAS ran like shit on the regular 3DS/2DS in battle, and the whole of SM has even more detail than XY and ORAS did in battle

I would wait for launch before you actually buy the system for that reason, so we know how that turns out
>>
>>27695166
Regular sized New 3ds is almost as cheap and will probably run the game better even though it's pokemon
>>
3DS xl
>>
>>27695084
Honestly anon, I was in the exact situation as you, except with ORAS too.

For me it was really "go big or go home".

It was my first big console purchase in a while, and I wanted to transfer from DS to 3DS for a while now, so I thought fuck it and I bought a 3DS XL yesterday.

140 pounds for 3DS XL and Omega Ruby, plus the charger.
Decent deal from the Nintendo website.

The 2DS model is so bad, it's so clunky and brick like.
I would definitely go with the 3DS, but personally the 3DS XL is just that bit better.
The bigger screens are a HUGE improvement, especially for games like Pokemon.
>>
Guess I'll wait until launch see how it is for others then make my decision....and black Friday is right around the corner after it
>>
>>27695222
>Regular sized New 3ds is almost as cheap
Source on that? The 2DS is like 70 bucks iirc.
>>
Not OP but I also been considering getting a New 3DS or a 2DS, but my worry is NX will make them instantly obsolete since it seems like it will be a console/handheld hybrid.
>>
>>27695470
I'm in the same situation as you both, and I'm considering getting a 2DS and a couple of games I want (basically just Sun/Moon and all the 3DS EO games) and save up for an NX for late 2017 or early 2018. By that time there will at least be a somewhat decent selection for the console, or at least we can hope there is.
>>
>>27695324
>The 2DS model is so bad, it's so clunky and brick like.
I've heard the opposite as well. Also, I've seen the system and its a lot smaller than what I thought. Anyone who has both a 3DS and a 2DS that can give some details on both?
>>
>>27695762

I got the 2ds because I'm cheap, but it does feel clunkier than the 3ds. It's not a huge deal.
>>
I'd say New 3DS mostly cause of SNES VC games lol

New 3DS specs:
- ARM11 MPCore 4x @ 268MHz (one reserved for OS)
- 4x VFPv2 Co-Processor (vector processors, like SPEs in PS3)
- 256MB FCRAM
- 10MB VRAM
- Dedicated Hardware Video Decoder
- Seemingly no change to the GPU, clock rate and all

For comparison, the old 3DS specs:
- ARM11 MPCore 2x @ 268MHz (one reseved for OS)
- 2x VFPv2 Co-Processor
- 128MB FCRAM
- 6MB VRAM
- PICA200 GPU @ 268MHz

3DS homebrew guys of course uncovered the specs of the thing. All perfectly reasonable spec bumps. Same CPU and clock rate to retain native compatibility with 3DS games (as well as keep power consumption down - if CPU was upclocked the GPU would need to be upclocked accordingly as well).
>>
>>27695084
As someone who just upgraded from an original 3DS, I HIGHLY recommend a New 3DS (or XL, depending - I prefer the XL because I can actually see stuff on the damn screen, but then again, I have fairly big hands and poor eyesight).
>>
How similar are the New 3DS and New 3DS XL's sizes to their not-new counterparts?

Original 3DS gave me massive headaches from the small screen, so if New 3DS is similar I think I'll have to shell out more money for the NewXL.
>>
>New 3DS is 200 dollars
>New 3DS XL is 175
lmao
>>
>>27699028
too lazy to confirm. is this true? if so wtf?
>>
>>27698988
The New 3DS is slightly bigger than the original 3DS, though I haven't compared them personally.

The New 3DS XL and 3DS XL are more or less the same size, with the same size screen.

I'd personally recommend the New 3DS XL as I had similar problems with the original 3DS.

>>27699070
In the US, the New 3DS is currently fairly limited - I BELIEVE it's currently only available in bundles, too.
>>
The 2DS is an embarrassment. Find a way to get
the 3DS / New 3DS XL
>>
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod210012&categoryId=cat10037

Nintendo refurbs are excellent, if you gotta go cheap I'd go with this for 115.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.