[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who's the best rival in the series? It's obviously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 19

File: rival.png (125KB, 400x407px) Image search: [Google]
rival.png
125KB, 400x407px
So who's the best rival in the series?

It's obviously between these two
>>
>>27676738
Gary, Silver, and Hugh. Barry was just always in a fucking rush.
>>
>>27676738
I think Cheren and Bianca don't get enough credit but that being said, they can't beat Barry.
>>
>>27676738
I'll always have to give it to Green.
Barry is great though.
>>
>>27676763
>liking edgelord silver

Opinion discarded
>>
File: Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wally.png (219KB, 520x865px) Image search: [Google]
Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wally.png
219KB, 520x865px
>>
>>27676779
This. It's like Barry is their son
>>
File: Wally_Training.png (306KB, 481x283px) Image search: [Google]
Wally_Training.png
306KB, 481x283px
>>27676795
This tbqh.
>>
>>27676738
Barry was shit tier. Tons of unnecessary dialogue and running back and forth just to waste your time.
>>
Cheren/Bianca, Gary, Barry, and Silver
>>
>>27676845
Nice shit taste, faggot
>>
>>27676763
This. I want a rival whose guts we can hate again. I'm getting pretty tired of the "we're fighting against each other but we're still friends" motif. We need more rivals like Silver and Blue/Green just to make things a bit more interesting or make you feel good for beating them in a fight.
>>
>>27676845
Ironically he maybe canonically the strongest non-player character trainer.

If we don't count battle frontiers and what not.
>>
>beat a "friendly" rival who just gives me items and congratulates me on being so good
>don't care
>beat a rival who is always being an ass and thinking he is top shit
>feels good

Characterisation of rivals means a lot in whether or not I think they're worth being in game
>>
>>27676795
>only fights you two times in the
maingame
I don't think so.
>>
File: dgdhsjsjs.jpg (60KB, 451x425px) Image search: [Google]
dgdhsjsjs.jpg
60KB, 451x425px
>>27676763
>>27676853
>Gary
>>
>>27676866
Silver was misguided
Green/Blue was just that one friend who always tossed insults to you but never really meant it
>>
>>27676884

Red in HGSS?
>>
>>27676866
>Silver and Blue
Are both horrible because they continually lose yet remain just as full of themsevles. It's not good heat. It's go away heat.
>>
>>27676919
Anon did say series. Could be the show.
>>
>>27676866
Silver was bad though.

Blue was just a dick who you were really competitive with while Silver was an edgy faggot until the very end when he finally eases up.

Hugh was also comically angsty
>>
Barry desu

He's impatient so he gets you both in trouble from time to time, but after he gets burned bad he becomes more careful, but doesn't do a pussy 180 like Silver. He's loudmouthed but earnest, isn't a passive aggressive bitch like Cheren and Serena and is more competent than either. Barry is competitive from the get go and gets into the battle tower shit too, but doesn't become a soulless Smogonfag like Wally. Basically he's that lifelong childhood friend you can have a friendly rivalry and some good banter with. Your character was supposed to be friends with Blue once, but he just comes off as some asshole. You don't really get the feeling that you've had history together
>>
>>27676941
He was still a player character at one point, so I didn't really count him.
>>
>>27676910
As opposed to all those threatening rivals that lose 50+ times in a row?
>>
>>27676738

Gary was great

Silver was edgy but at least he felt like an antagonist

May/Brendan sucked the big one, but Wally was kind of cool in a "you're mentoring him" kind of way

Barry and was a rival that you always had the upper hand on and he's racing to catch up with you, so that's a nice change of pace

Unova was mediocre as far as rivals go

Kalos was irredeemable
>>
>>27676950
It was said at one point or another Blue started bullying Red, so Red took an interest in Pokemon.
>>
>>27676763
Hugh is shit. When I played I was fucking tired of him talking about his sister's fucking pokémon.
>>27676789
>Silver
>Edge
He is the only rival who gets development during a game.
>>
>>27676950
This, Barry's pretty much the total package.

He's obviously your friend unlike Blue but still tries to kick your ass unlike the Hoenn, Unova and Kalos rivals, is extremely competent like Blue and Wally, and fights alongside you a few times which felt like hype moments unlike the countless times the Unova and Kalos rivals did.
>>
>>27676964
Yes? Because they don't challenge you only twice in the fucking game?
Fuck off, Wallyfag.
>>
>>27677014
>He is the only rival who gets development during a game

Except Wally has more more development than probably any other character in Pokemon
>>
Green was the only one who managed to make me feel rivalry.
>>
>>27677047
>off screen devolpement
>>
>>27677047
Wally could have been good but you only ever fight him twice. Even so he's a good example of how well you can develop a character without having them stop you every other town for a battle.
>>
>>27677068
It's better then him showing up and getting his ass kicked constantly

You can also follow his story on the news thing so it feels like he's actually doing shit on his own
>>
>>27677087
Yes, but having him be non exsistant from badge before 3-pre elite 4 is like him missing out on most of the game. Barry gets the right amount of screen time
>>
File: 10 badges.png (176KB, 410x257px) Image search: [Google]
10 badges.png
176KB, 410x257px
There's a reason why he's remembered as DICKS, BITCH, and FAG
>>
>>27677168
Silph Co was a dick move on his part.
>>
>>27677117
Really? That's cool. But........ even though he's good in the first games, that's pretty inexcusable for him doing nothing in the originals.

Also can I get a source on that? I think I do remember Wally beating the gyms though
>>
Blue
>>
Blue is the perfect balance. Recent rivals remind me of what happened to Cranky villagers in Animal Crossing because kids complained. Silver was dumb and over the top most of the time, though.
>>
File: babyface.jpg (34KB, 427x432px) Image search: [Google]
babyface.jpg
34KB, 427x432px
>>27677168
But that's Gary TURD Oak.

Blue did literally nothing wrong. On the contrary Blue is actually very supportive/bro tier. Just read his lines instead of just spamming A. Tops he is giving you banter a bro from childhood would say.

>>27677181
Okay, that was kind of dick move
>>
>>27676738
I should fine you for even considering Barry good
>>
>>27676866
this.
>>27676942
a NPC lost a battle in a pokemon game, what a surprise
>>
>>27677025
Aka they're a real challenge that you don't know everything about. Unlike the usual "Not this jobber again" Rival.
>>
>>27677885
>NPC lost a battle in a pokemon game
>About 10 times already
>I'm supposed to look at them and care that they're my "final battle"

Stop this.
>>
>>27676965
I never felt good for defeating Wally
>a kid with a disease. It may die any day
>I will defeat him to make him feel even worse and then I will took his money
>>
>>27676795
what's with the fucking soul eater collar on that shirt
>>
>>27677904
you're not supposed to look at them and feel nothing
They are the rivals
They are only there to motivate you to be a good trainer as well
>>
>>27677981
Maybe they shouldn't be so much fucking nothing then. Losing every single fight means they are categorically not my Rival. They do not motivate, at best they're a roadblock on my way to get an HM, a Badge or fight some Evil Team.
>>
>>27678038
by your logic, any rival is shit and shouldn't be in the game
>>
>>27678054
Most of them are pretty shit and serve no purpose. It's mostly the games fault for making them mandatory wins though. Only a handful have redeeming characterization qualities.
>>
File: 1365385465199.jpg (451KB, 893x815px) Image search: [Google]
1365385465199.jpg
451KB, 893x815px
>>27676779
I like Cheren and Bianca a whole lot, but neither is that strong in game. Barry is probably as good as it gets as far as a rival that has a decent team goes.

Except this guy of course.
>>
>>27678111
It's something called opinion.
Feel free to don't like rivals.
>>
>>27678184
>I've got no rebuttal so "muh opinion"
Thank you! I don't know if you could tell but I was freely disliking them before you commented!
>>
>>27678236
You're welcome!
>>
>>27676763
Hugh is one of the fucking worst. He had the same team fucking gimmick as Cheren and Bianca but crappier.

Barry was in a rush but at least he actively wanted to kick your ass. Hugh was just a guy.
>>
>>27678236
no, just the logic "the rival lost so he is bad"
even the champion loses on pokemon
what do you want? Tobias in the game?
>>
>all this respect for Barry
Dear diary, today /vp/ had good taste.
>can't post his sprite from Platinum because Bulbapedia uses fucking apng and I'm too lazy
>>
>>27678456
kek.
you only saw one or two posts
>>
>>27678396
I don't fight the Champion seven times before that. It's an accomplishment to beat them. I'm sorry but my "rival" evolving his last Pokemon and being 10 levels higher than the last time I whooped him just isn't that interesting for a final rival battle. I think rival battles should be kept to maybe 3 fights and if you lose them you just lose and the game continues. It would build more hype.
>>
>>27677467
>Tops he is giving you banter a bro from childhood would say.
Well he was sorta a jerk.
But when you look at original rby Red he looks just as much as a Jerk as Blue did
>>
>>27676738
>Barry
God no, he was the most annoying faggot ever.
>>
Barry due to slight character development over time
>>
>>27676763
>liking Mr. "I want my sister's cat" Hugh
>>
>>27678566
/r/ fuck outta here card
>>
>>27676738
Blue/Green was the best rival.

Barry was the worst rival ever. He was so shit I couldn't even remember who the hell he was while I was playing the game. Forgettable is the best way to describe Barry. But then so was gen 4.
>>
>>27678472
anon, you can lose infinity times to the rival
you only have to defeat him once in each of the specific parts of the game. Rival is the "Boss of the area", like the gym leaders. If weren't the rival, it would have been just some random trainer..
> I think rival battles
like I said before, it's your opinion, but for you is "I've got no rebuttal so "muh opinion"". A NPC is not shit just because he lost a battle. That's the point of the NPCs.
>>
>>27678593
You might have ADHD.
>>
>people will defend Hugh but not Barry

You unovaclaps will fucking nuzzle anything
>>
File: 1468248032554.jpg (77KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1468248032554.jpg
77KB, 512x512px
>>27678593
>>Forgettable
Excuse me my good man but I think you mean UNforgettable.
>>
>>27678602
>Anon, you can lose infinity times to the rival.
Maybe when I was five?

>A NPC is not shit just because he lost a battle.
Correct. A NPC is shit when they go 0/8 and still are portrayed as a threat.
>>
>>27678054
>>27678111
The very first 2 battles with Blue are completely optional to win.
>>
>>27678525
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blue_(game)#Quotes

But mostly he is pretty cool about everything. Just because he is cocky doesn't mean he is jerk.

But he is constantly giving you tips, support and every now and then he has cocky lines, mainly after you lose to him.
>>
>>27678686
but they aren't portrayed as a threat, except for Gary and Silver. They just want a rematch.
>>
>>27678699
Which is cool. One of those battles is entirely optional and the other is a tutorial battle. They've only regressed from that unfortunately.
>>
>>27676738
Barry's got an annoying, unfunny gimmick and that's about it.
>>
>>27678602
You should be able to lose to them, have the game acknowledge that and continue on. Yellow did it.

I tired throwing the fight for the mega bracelet to Serena in XY, game wasnt having any of it. Why bother making me fight her at all if its a forgone conclusion?
>>
>>27678736
Gary, ok. I don't think Silver was every portrayed as threatening. He's just salty 90% of the time. Wally gets portrayed as a surprise threat, a bit more if you pay attention to the in-game stuff. Barry is done ok. Cheren and Bianca are dead weights. Serena could have been interesting and her friends are so much nothing.

They just usually aren't... rivals?
>>
>>27678686
>Maybe when I was five?
Could be. Still proves my point.

>go 0/8
not necessary. Blue in pokemon Yellow got a team programmed if you lost to him twice.
Now , let's suppose for a second that Blue defeats you in somewhere like Saffron and go away. What would be the point of him there? Can I advance in the game even if I lost? It would be really weird.
>>
>>27678715
It normally comes off like he's trying to play off his lost to you like its no big deal.

He's clearly upset that you beat him when he becomes champ. and doesn't say a word after Oak lectures him about how he lost because he didn't love his Pokemon enough.

So that cool personality is most likely just a face he puts up.
>>
Gary
>>
>>27678619
Barry had ADHD.
>>
>>27676738
Barry is probably the best recent rival, but Gary is definitely second
>>
>He shows up in Silph Co as you're fighting Team Rocket just to fight you and fuck off
>Near the end as you're getting to Giovanni
>Doesn't even help you
>May as well have been a part of Team Rocket
>>
>>27676965
>Barry and was a rival that you always had the upper hand on and he's racing to catch up with you
No, he was always a mile ahead until he's beaten by Jupiter in Lake Acuity and you finally overtake him.
>>
>>27678715
True his biggest jerk moment was at the start of yellow where he took the pokemon that Oak was about to give you and he's far friendlier afterwards.
Point is that Red is treated like a way better person even though Red would treat Blue the same.

Oh and him showing up somewhere in the most horrible building in the game just for a fucking fight.
>>
>>27678813
>Still proves my point.
There isn't one.

>What would be the point of him there? Can I advance in the game even if I lost? It would be really weird.
What was the point of him being there if you win?
Yes.
It really wouldn't be.
>>
>>27678862
That's the... k
>>
>>27678883
Funny enough I'm playing a fan hack of Fire Red that has you play the game from Blue's PoV, and he really does help Team Rocket at points.

It would explain why he's just waiting at some of the places he's at.
>>
>>27678954
the point of that argument was: "You can lose infinity times" doesn't care the age, you proved my point.

>What was the point of him being there if you win?
The point is challenge. You trying to act like a rival is not a NPC, this is just a fucking game. They don't think by themselves.
>>
>>27678883
I really hope that in the inevitable re-remakes of Gen 1 they revamp the shitty story so Blue helps you against Rocket at various points like Silph Co and the Pokemon Tower
>>
>>27679077
>you proved my point.
That's not a point. It's a fucking fact. One that doesn't matter because you always win.

>The point is challenge. You trying to act like a rival is not a NPC, this is just a fucking game. They don't think by themselves.
Please stop this. They're not random NPCs you beat over the head. They're given character traits and several are intended and designed to be your rival. It's just a fucking game, why care about any of it then?
>>
>>27679201
>Blue helps you against Rocket at various points like Silph Co and the Pokemon Tower
Or build up a relationship with Giovanni and Blue, so it gives a reason that Blue got ownership of his gym in HGSS
>>
>>27679255
>Giovanni neglects his own son in favor of mentoring his new prodigy, Blue.
>>
>>27679202
so, we agreed that you can lost infinity times, right?

>They're not random NPCs you beat over the head.
Yes, no one remebers random NPCs. That's the point of rivals. They are srtonger than regular trainers in the route. Like I said before, do you want Tobias in the game?
> It's just a fucking game, why care about any of it then?
for the third time, opinions. They care of them, that's the reason they appears a lot. Try to give some argument different than: "I don't like the way they are portrayed".
>>
>>27679281
You're just going in circles implying that wanting an actual threat and build up means wanting a Mary Sue unbeatable legendary rival.

Stop.
>>
>>27678038
This. I want a Larry Bird to my Magic Johnson.
>>
>>27679280
Thats pretty good
>>
Barry was the best rival easily

Silver was by far the worst
>>
>>27679321
Stop.

Ok. I make you realize that everything you are complaining is your opinion. Smell you later.
>>
File: 1469465363675.png (253KB, 329x305px) Image search: [Google]
1469465363675.png
253KB, 329x305px
>>27679255
>>27679280
>>27679338
That's how Blue got his Rhydon
>>
File: 1470683207966.png (301KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470683207966.png
301KB, 1000x1000px
>>27679374
>"I mad u relize evrytin is a oponion!"
>>
>>27679255
>build up a relationship with Giovanni and Blue
Like what Red did in Origins?
>>
>>27679280
>>27679255
>>27679375
>Team Rocket tried to recruit Red on the bridge by Cerulean City
>Blue is over there before Red
>Doesn't even comment about Team Rocket
This is suspicious
>>
>>27679465
All Red did in both origins and in the games was remind Giovanni that as a trainer he can enjoy Pokemon battles.

Not really much development beyond that between them.
>>
Green/Blue is undoubtedly the best. He's a jerk who's up himself and is genuinely enjoyable to put in his place, but it's still a friendly rivalry unlike that angsty bitch Silver. It's satisfying to beat him too but he's such a downer while Blue was fun to hate. May is a boring bitch who's all "You're doing really well, go you!" when you beat her. Barry brings back the friendly rivalry part but it's so friendly he doesn't feel like a rival at all, you're constantly reminded he's your best friend. The rest of the rivals follow this trend, way too nice and boring.
>>
>>27678977
Name?
>>
>>27676738
Blue is by far the worst. Wally and Barry are tied for best.
>>
How could anyone think Silver is the best rival? His team was complete trash, just full of edgelord Pokemon, and he didn't even evolve his magneton and sneasel in the remakes
>>
>>27679505
Red never said a goddamn thing in the games and origins was only 4 episodes.
But something like that.

And don't come with the idea of letting Blue join team Rocket because that'd be godawfully unfair.
We never got that chance in the games because that fucking grunt thought we were joking.
>>
>>27679557
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364713

It isn't finished yet however, you can get up to beating Koga and that's it.

You can get a Spiky-eared Pichu for playing the version up however.
>>
>>27677168
Ha, he's FUCKER in my latest playthrough
>>
>>27677981
>They are only there to motivate you to be a good trainer as well
Please, no rival outside of maybe Wally because of his perseverance, ever motivated the player because they fucking died faster than you can blink.
>>
>>27676763
> Barry was just always in a fucking rush

I guarantee so was literally every other Pokemon player that's either holding down b the entire game using running shoes or riding on a bike. Barry stops crashing into you entirely at one point.
>>
>>27679590
>he didn't even evolve his magneton and sneasel in the remakes
That still triggers me.
>>
>>27679590
>His magneton and sneasel in the remakes
>Sneasel

It's not his. Although it's funny to think he "turns over a new leaf" but doesn't actually return either of the two Pokemon he stole.
>>
File: Rival_Stadium.png (7KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
Rival_Stadium.png
7KB, 56x56px
Does anyone feel like while Green was a dick he still considered you a friend? Silver is very obviously an asshole but Green comes off a bit more playful to me. Green also had it kinda shitty.
>no parents at all
>always beaten by you
>raticate is assumed to have died, lost one of his pokemon
>finally becomes champion and has taken away from him shortly after
>his own grandfather basically talks down to him right after his soul crushing defeat
>>
yourself
>>
>>27683568
He tried to return his starter though, but Elm notices that the starter is attached to Silver and allows him to keep it.

Sneasel on the other hand is still fucked up.
>>
File: d2631.png (7KB, 395x73px) Image search: [Google]
d2631.png
7KB, 395x73px
>>27679576
>Blue is by far the worst
>>
>>27676763
When I was younger I mashed through all the dialogue and crap just to start getting somewhere and catch Pokemon.

I can really relate to him.
>>
>>27683568
If you talk to Elm later on he tells you he wanted to give it back, but Elm told him to keep it.

The other guy was a shit anyway, and I wouldn't be surprised his Sneasel didn't even want to go back.
>>
File: lewd.png (169KB, 383x381px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
169KB, 383x381px
Blue was never an asshole. The most surprising battle was in the ss anne, so the whole "he shows up when you're weak" is bullshit. The most insulting shit is at the beginning when he says he'll tell his sister not to give you a map and that you shouldn't worry about filling the dex and then the "smell ya later"s.

Other than that blue was always asking how you were taking care of your pokemon, how many you found etc. The whole "blue is a dick" thing is so God awful wrong.

And then silver is just an angsty faggot who never changes.

Barry has some of the most in depth character change through all the games so far. You really see him change. I'm pretty sure he's also still the strongest, but not positive. He is by far the best rival of any game so far

excluding your bf/gf in ORAS
>>
>>27679475
>Giovanni mentors Green like Oak mentors Red
Pottery. I like this theory.
>>
>>27685443
>Blue
Don't forget him showing up in the most horrible building in the game for a fucking battle.
>>
>>27685443
>Blue was never an asshole.
He was literally waiting inside of a building Team Rocket took over just to battle you, while you were storming the place to save the people inside.
>>
>all this Blue talk
>not calling him Green

Faggots
>>
>>27685443
Sorta. He's slightly higher leveled than Wally, but Wally gets the "I study Pokemon Battling" characterization which gives him buffed Movesets and Items.
>>
>>27685619
His name would in all honesty make more sense as being Green, since he has a lot of green based stuff about him going on.

But his name has always been Blue in the non-Japanese games.
>>
>>27679402
hi!
so, you're probably not here anymore, I had to go out, but here's the reply anyway:
>score
You agreed with me when I said that you can lose infinite times to your rival, so that's implies that your score is wrong
instead of 0-8 is actually [0,infinite[-8
>About the: "le lost but he still thinks that he's good",
yes, it's your opinion, but pheraps the best rival is silver in those terms:
>he lost
>said that he lost because the player have stronger pokemon
>train to get better
>didn't lost his pride
>tried to caught a legendary
>"maybe what that Lance guy was true"
>lost his pride at the end
there is some character development on him, and the fact that he lost is what motivates him

>And, about the challenge:
yes, it's still your opinion, and GF don't want to make tha game too hard, because their main audience is 12 years old. I agreed that the games are easy. I'm ok with HGSS and BW2 challenge level. I play on set mode and don't use items. There is a lot of people on /vp/ who says that the games are soo easy and plays with the switch mode, Full restores and that Exp. Share from gen 6. But, if you want even something harder, you can play fan games like Blaze Black/ White Volt or Red++, both on hard mode.
>>
Calem/Serena had potential, but then the game squandered it because he/she accepted you were MC and there was no way of beating you
>>
>>27679201
If they let us team up with Blue in the ways that they let us team up with Serena, I'll be happy.
>>
>>27690390
They were trying to live up to their parents, since they were trainers, and Calem/Serena was the best of your group of friends.

They pretty much tried to not let their personal feelings get in the way after you beat them in getting the mega bracelet, since they still viewed you as a friend.
>>
>>27690695
I'll take it, but I wish they were more of a challenge. Given their drive to be great trainers and the fact that they can clearly hold their own (going head to head against Team Flare with you and holding them off for you), you would think they'd be more difficult. At the end of the day, you just jack it to Serena and call it quits.
>>
>>27691018
>Implying Serena doesn't take advantage of Calem in his time of weakness after he loses to her
>>
N
>>
>>27677887
Would be better if Wally wasn't laughably easy.
>>
File: 1292468051733.png (593KB, 1691x557px) Image search: [Google]
1292468051733.png
593KB, 1691x557px
>>
>>27691570
Considering he has the best team of any rival that doesn't speak well for the others.
>>
>>27693125
Out Of Date
>>
>>27676738
I wanna know how Red and the Oakster are doing. Have they tied the knot yet?
>>
>>27693125
Can you find a pic that's newer than HGSS?
>>
I like Wally, Barry, and Hugh the most, Barry is handled the best though of the three even in vanilla DP.

Silver, Blue, Serena/Calem, and Bianca are alright with me. May/Brendan I really like in ORAS that fucking post-credits bookends battle with them breaking out M-Starter and their general stronger characterization made them warm up to me but they're my least favorite rival if we're talking RSE, so they're middling overall.

The three dunces of XY I just don't give a shit about other than Trevor, who had an interesting backstory they could've done a lot with, but they fucking blew it.

Cheren's my least favorite because in BW1 he's even more obnoxious than the three dunces were constantly challenging you all the time and using you as a measuring stick for how competent he is, which isn't much.
>>
Blue = silver > barry >>>> may/brendan = dawn/lucas >>>>> wally > bianca >>> cheren
>>
>>27676738
All of them are okay, Gary/Blue is a fuckin asshole though so not him
And somehow he becomes champion like 10 minutes after you beat his sorry ass before entering victory road

I've always wondered how the hell he does that so fast when you had just kicked his ass like 10 minutes ago

And no one in gen 6 cuz they were friends not rivals really more than before
>>
File: 1466752410594.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1466752410594.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>27678584
>>
File: Blue_team.png (81KB, 409x315px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_team.png
81KB, 409x315px
>Implying Blue doesn't have the best team.
>>
Probably Silver. I had a gay crush on him when I was a kid.
>>
>>27684369
>always beaten by you
>finally becomes champion and has taken away from him shortly after
>his own grandfather basically talks down to him right after his soul crushing defeat

Even as kid those made me feel a bit sorry for him. Like Oak, couldn't you wait a bit before talking to him about what he did wrong rather then just rubbing salt in a fresh wound?
>>
>>27677014
>He is the only rival who gets development during a game

Wally and N got pretty developed
>>
>>27694806
Solid, except for Pidgeot.
Barry has a better team though. Especially if he uses Infernape.
>>
You know I remember everyone saying they thought Barry was a bigger dick than Gary, but I don't remember much about him. I never got that much of a "haughty dick" vibe from him. What was so dickish about him?
>>
File: IMG_0281.jpg (55KB, 562x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281.jpg
55KB, 562x418px
The best rival is N
>>
>>27695303
Wally thooooo
>>
>>27695286
>Wally
>Development
He just appears out of nowhere with a strong team. I'd hardly call barely any presence then showing up with a random ass high level team development.
>>
>>27695309
The only thing slightly dickish about Barry is that he's demanding and mildly dimissive. That changes during his character arc though.
>>
>>27695309
Nothing. It's just people being sensitive about literally nothing.
>>
>>27695337
>He didn't pay attention to the in-game features that showed Wally's progress.

I can understand why you might not expect to need to, but if you pay attention you see that Wally is off doing his own things and getting stronger.
>>
>>27695395
Wait, there was a feature for that?
>>
>>27695519
Buzznav and Gyms. Easily overlooked. Deepest Lore.
>>
>>27695591
I liked it better when it was on TV instead of constantly on the bottom screen. Easily miss news due to that.
>>
I like Hugh and Silver
>>
>>27676779
This is the correct answer.
/thread
>>
>>27695303
>except for Pidgeot
Leave Blue's Pidgeot alone, it got enough shit already since he benched it in BW2.

Also up till BW2 it seemed like me it was to Blue as Pikachu is to Red.
>>
>>27685580
I wouldn't consider it that asshole like since you're already wiping the floor with grunts you might as well use him too. If you thought his battle at silph was hard then you're doing something wrong
>>
>>27696254
Its not that its hard, its the the fact that if you think about what's happening from a story stand point Blue really doesn't have his priorities straight.
>>
>>27678900
Dude you are supposed to win against barry. You have the upper hand cause you aren't a shitty AI
>>
>>27695323
Huh never though of him as a rival but he really does fit well as one, even being the opposite dragon as you and not really hating you cuz he's sorta interested in you. I agree with this
>>
If Brendan/May didn't give up mid way through...
>>
>>27693125
man, I'd let barry do a lot of things with my penis
but he was a fucking bro, so that'd be pretty fucked up
>>
I don't care for any NPC's in video games since they're quest fodder.

Why would you care for a bunch of scripted 1s and 0s?
>>
>>27698493
>Caring about playable characters
Why, they're just little clusters of pixels that you control. Do you really put that much thought into playing video games?
>>
>>27676942
>silver
>continually full of himself
did you even play the game? He gets full of self doubt after you beat him a few times and by the end of the game he is much humbler, although still determined
>>
>>27698493
This is some dumb logic anon, because then all characters in a book are letters and so on.
>>
>>27698659
>Playing video games
You know games don't affect real life, right? Do you just enjoy wasting your time?
>>
>>27699221
>Being alive
Why keep up the act? You'll be dead much longer than you're alive,anyway. Might as well get it over with now.
>>
>>27699459
>Existing in the first place
Literally what is the point? To take up a bit more space in the universe?
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.