[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>b- but it fits his lore lmao Is there a genuine argument/reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: WHY.png (27KB, 832x390px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.png
27KB, 832x390px
>b- but it fits his lore lmao
Is there a genuine argument/reason besides this nonsense for pic related
>>
It has really good atk and sp atk though so it's not so bad. Kind of like Slaking.
>>
>>27674105
Because it has a better BST than other fossils.
Its BST is actually the number of whatever classification for feathered avian dinosaurs or something. But it's higher than other fossils so they fucked him hard.

Kinda like Slaking.
>>
>>27674139
Slaking is barely fucked
>>
>>27674105

Omastar: 495
Kabutops: 495
Aerodactyl: 515
Cradily: 495
Armaldo: 495
Rampardos: 495
Bastiodon: 495
Archeops: 567
Carracosta: 495
Tyrantrum: 521
Aurorus: 521

Archeops has a much higher BST than other fossil Pokemon.
>>
File: abiba toot.png (161KB, 363x256px) Image search: [Google]
abiba toot.png
161KB, 363x256px
>>27674216
>they gave him a higher bst so that they could guarantee he would suck
>>
>>27674168
>>27674168
defeatist > truant
>>
>>27674216
>tyrantum and aurorus have higher BST than the others
Aerodactyl makes sense, kind of, but this triggers me.
>>
Defeatist doesn't really hinder Archeops THAT much.

It has access to Roost, and it's so frail that it's going to be surviving many hits anyway.

It does, however, have 140/112/110 offenses. Defeatist just keeps it from being TOO much better than the others.
>>
>>27674248
To be fair, one is a goddamn T. rex
>>
>>27674360
I like it, although it doesn't look quite like a pokemon to me. The other is fucking awful though.
>>
>>27674105
It's a reason why it died out.
>>
>>27674248
Tyrantrum is the king of the dinosaurs baby
>>
>b- but it fits his lore lmao
That is a genuine reason. The effort of flying takes too much put of it, poor little guy.
Sableye has Stall (the ability), Slaking has Truant, Regigigas has Slow Start. Archeops has it easy.
>>
>>27674105
Just another example of just how important abilities are. And in this case, they tried to portray how abilities can be bad. But they already did that for Slakoth and Slaking, so there really was no excuse for this one. Plus, archaeopteryx is cool, and they just went and made it unviable...
>>
Its stats are already balanced by piss poor defenses. The ability wouldn't be such a hindrance if it had some bulk
>>
>>27674751
Make it lose its Flying typing below 50% HP then.
>>
because they wanted to make a pokemon that's stronger at high hp but crappier at low hp.

There are already tons of generic pokemon without hindering abilities. Go use one of those. The whole point of Archeops, Slaking, and Regigigas is to have something different.
>>
>>27674751
Stall isn't even Sableye's only ability, retard. Meanwhile Archeops, Regigigas and Slaking are stuck with godawful abilities when they wouldn't even be remotely broken without them.
Why the fuck are people here making excuses for GF's retarded bullshit? You can admit that they make mistakes, it's not hard.
>>
>>27674216
Why not lower his special attack, and get rid of defeatist. Boom! Great Pokemon
>>
>>27674105
Now he just needs to learn Skill Swap
>>
>>27676293
They are balanced for single player. This doesn't excuse them for not having better hidden abilities though.
>>
>>27674751

>Mega-mom exists
>Mega-Mawile exists
>somehow Slaking would be too strong

>Arceus exists
>Somehow Regigigas would be too strong

They need new abilities, it's been 3 and 2 gens respectively they are no longer too strong.
>>
Fossil Pokemon in general are made arbitrarily bad. All of them are pretty weak outside of Aerodactyl and Tyrantrum on a good day.
>>
>>27674248
I think the two are supposed to be King and Queen in a sense - At least, that's the implication with Diantha's battle. So their bst gets to be higher as a result
>>
Everything above Arcanine's BST is either
>Legendary
>Pseudolegend
>Mega Evo
or
>has an ability that hinders it
>>
>Slaking now gets an ability that has a 30% chance to make it use rest every turn

What tier would it be in?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.