[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After looking at the alola map closely (high quality image with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: alolamap.jpg (162KB, 770x562px)
alolamap.jpg
162KB, 770x562px
After looking at the alola map closely (high quality image with great zoom) and all the trailers and footage we've seen, I'm starting to think that gen VII is dropping the traditional route system from past generations in favour of a more open world. It's really difficult to imagine how an in-game map of Alola would look like if the games still had the classic route system. It would simply be a mess, there's so much stuff scattered around the island without any clear-cut clusters that we've been used to. Compare Kalos map and Alola map, there's clearly a stark difference.
>>
There are still routes though, just likely less bounded as in previous generations by invisible borders. Talking about you, XY, you pieces of shit.
>>
>>27673422
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. They're still probably called routes, but they're not so rectangular anymore, they're probably more open and irregularly shaped.
>>
This is basically what I started thinking when the descriptions of the island trials first came out, where it sounded like we would be doing multiple different mini quests all around the routes.
>>
>>27673422
>XY
Unova did it worse t b h
>>
>>27673189

For what it's worth, we've already seen route number signs in some of the released info, so at minimum there are still numbered routes, which suggests (not confirms, just suggests) some sort of intended ordering rather than an open world.
>>
Also on that map you can see parts of ehat looks like three more islands close to the clouds.
>>
>>27674289
This. We really need a sticky just for the region though, every week its the same BS eitger that its small or that it might be too different from the others and that we should start panicking Nostradamus style, when in reality this map os the worst to translate in-game.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.