[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's a secret evolution. That means it's an evolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 12

File: rockruff.png (134KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rockruff.png
134KB, 500x500px
It's a secret evolution. That means it's an evolution we haven't seen before. It's not a stone evolution, friendship level, level up, trade, moveset, or time of day evolution. The dex entry states:

>"Rockruff is a sociable Pokémon, but as it grows, its disposition gets wilder. If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it’s close to evolving. It’s said that it leaves its Trainer’s side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved."

It's literally in the dex entry. You don't just leave it on an island by itself to evolve like we've been speculating. I think we actually have to release Rockruff, track it down, and recapture it.

But this isn't the secret that Rockruff shares with the starters. Honestly, I think Rockruff has an influence on the starter's evolutions. I can't see each starter evolution having 4 different forms along with Rockruff's 4 forms.

Speculation Thread.
>>
What if their secret is just their last evolutions or something else super anti-climatic like that
>>
>>27669040

Rockruff and the starters are gonna have some new evolution method that affect's the evolved form's secondary typing and some details of its appearance. Rockruff will be the poster boy for that new type of evolution since everyone will be able to catch it unlike the starters where you'll have to pick one.
>>
You need to have the 3DS cameras pointed at the setting sun while Rockruff is the lead pokemon in your party.
>>
File: LittenRockruff.jpg (352KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
LittenRockruff.jpg
352KB, 1024x1024px
>But this isn't the secret that Rockruff shares with the starters. Honestly, I think Rockruff has an influence on the starter's evolutions. I can't see each starter evolution having 4 different forms along with Rockruff's 4 forms.

I made a thread explaining how I thought Rockruff's "Werewolf" evo might be a foil to Fire/Dark Litten so I'd love this. Maybe he takes traits from each of them and has 1 evolution that is unrelated to them.
>>
Different evolutions based on the time of day.
>>
>>27669116
I fucking hope not. My 3DS cameras are kill for some reason.
>>
>>27669158
Wurmple already did that.
>>
I personally don't think Rockruff has anything to do with the starters evolutions.
>>
>>27669180
No it didn't. That's poetry.
>>
>>27669180
bruh is u fo real homie? dawg u cray cray
>>
>>27669180
Wurmple's random, it's preset once you catch the wurmple.

But Eevee already did that, so that idea's of the chalkboard.
>>
>evolution varies based on island/area
There
>>
>>27669040
What if it literally disappears from your team after it reaches a certain level, and you have to leave a team slot empty for it to come back to your team after a certain interval. All happens at night.
>>
>>27669158
Eevee->Umbreon/Espeon
>>
>>27669040
Op, guys, what if we are missing something simple here.

What if the evos for the starters and Rockruff depend on the version you are playing? Mainly Rockruff, so you have to trade it from sun to moon, and there is a Pokemon in moon that shares the trait. In short, Rockruff may be a trade evo.
>>
>>27669220
It said secret, not necessarily unique.
>>
What if it evolves depending on what game you bought? What if it's the same for all starters?
>>
>>27669263
I bet it evolves at level 25 then.
>>
>>27669263
But it is unique. It's not really a secret if Rockruff evolves soley based on level up alone.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-19-13h25m58s949.png (61KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-19-13h25m58s949.png
61KB, 300x169px
Or maybe this "secret evolution" involves placing the little nigga in the day care for a while then it evolves?
>>
>>27669280
Hey they teased the reveal of Zorua to Zoroark evolution method, so maybe?

Wait, level up at time of day with alternate forms for night/day would be unique, no?
>>
2 unique Sun and Moon forms for each version?
>>
>>27669301
No.
>>
>>27669040
>sociable
>has to leave trainers side
>pokemon leave your side when you trade
>trading is sociable
>evolves then comes back
>traded back to (you)

Are you guys falling victim to gamefreaks vagueness? [If so, then I feel bad. Won't even call ya retarded.]
>>
>>27669353
What Pokemon evolves at a level up with night/day forms?
>>
>>27669301
Umbreon and Espeon
>>
>>27669365
Trading evolutions aren't a secret you gong.
>>
>>27669376
Scroll up.
>>
>>27669365
Not a bad idea Anon.
>>
>>27669382
Thats with friendship, not just level 25 and if its night you get Wereruff, day you get Wolfruff
>>
>>27669040
What if you have to mail your cartridge to gamefreak so they can add the evolution to your game?
>>
>>27669040
Good stuff op. Sounds realy cool i hope rockruff does give the starters new evo's. It would realy make up for the fact that rockruff will probably be the new lucario and shoved in our faces (or it may just be another zoroark and zorua)
>>
>>27669414
They are both with friendship. But Umbreon evolves at night and Espeon during the day. Quit acting stubborn.
>>
How about this? It IS a trade evolution, but needs to be traded away to someone, and then BACK to the OT to evolve?
>>
File: 400.png (183KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
400.png
183KB, 400x300px
>>27669398
Read what he said>>27669263

Secret does not mean new and never before seen. There could be certain conditions, such as needing rockruff to be traded at night, having a certain level of happiness, etc.
>>
>Rockruff one evolution that can only occur at night
>when it evolves, you receive a special stone
>use the stone on your middle stage starter to make it evolve into an alternate final form
>>
>>27669446
Why am I being stubborn?

I'm asking, is there a Pokémon that evolves at a specific level (eg level 25) with alternate forms for day/night? No? That would be unique? It counts.
>>
>>27669439
Thanks anon. I'm really hoping it's something similar to that, and not just form changes.
>>
>>27669457
Too complicated imo.
>>
>>27669481
I think what he means to day is that would be fucking boring and you're a boring person for thinking that might be it.
>>
>>27669480
That sounds strangely plausible, although I feel like they would just go for Water/Fire/Leaf stones rather than making all brand new ones just for the starters.
>>
>>27669491
>trade to friend, and have them immediately trade it back to you

...And this is complicated how?
>>
File: 1469163372217.png (177KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1469163372217.png
177KB, 500x375px
Could it have the manga Eevee ability to evolve at will? Having a base form then evolving to whatever suits the situation? In this case the island?
>>
>>27669491
Well there are Pokemon that have to be traded with eachother to evolve so it's not like GF is averse to this kind of thing.
>>
>>27669275
I could see it. Giving even more incentive for trading and further encouraging autists to buy both versions would be in gf's favour.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (60KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
60KB, 1366x768px
>>27669481
Chingling, gligar, sneasal and amuara. It is not unique.
>>
>>27669481
Sorry, I thought you only meant day/night evos. But what >>27669498 said.
>>
>>27669498
>Being realistic is boring

Im sure you have to point your 3DS east while holding it upside down at exactly 12.01AM and trading it to a player character of the opposite gender to you and then having them trade it back at exactly 3PM three days later.
>>
>>27669532
Bro he said alternate forms. Plural.
>>
>>27669532
None of those have alternate night/day forms or evolve at a specific level. Try harder to ignore me.

We don't even know for sure that it is a unique method ffs.
>>
>>27669511
Oh sorymry misinterpreted your post.
I thought you meant you would have to trade it, than that person has to trade it to someone else, than that person has to trade it back to you to evovle it.

But nice idea though.
>>
>>27669543
>900 BST
>>
>>27669543
Being pessimistic is boring anon.
>>
>>27669556
Wurmpul
>>
>>27669507
The Rock typing alone gives me this unshakable feeling that evolution stones will be involved somehow. I feel like something having to do with that is the sole purpose of making it Rock type in the first place.
>>
>>27669598
Not based on time of day.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>27669556
Don't call me "bro".

I am not your brother.
>>
What if Rockruff just has to level up with specific starter in your party. And depending on the starter, it evovles into specfic form that correlates with that starter.
>>
What if it's evolution is involved in the games plot? Like you catch one, or are given one, and when you level it up enough to evolve, it vanishes, and when you find it at night theres a cut scene of it evolving, and maybe you have to battle it since it goes berserk or something?
>>
>>27669630
>>27669130
I hope this is it
>>
>>27669639
So pretty much what the OP says?
>>
Wasn't there a leak that already addressed this? I thought I saw something about there being a cliff on each island that you can leave Rockruff on and it evolves while you're away somehow.
>>
>>27669605
I figured the Rock might have had something to do with Z crystals, though you might be on to something.

Stone evolutions would be quite the interesting way to give the starters alternate forms.
>>
>>27669639
I doubt they'd make you battle it, but I'm curious what would happen if the even triggers while it's the only pokemon in your party.
>>
Look at its neck. A circular patch of fur with stones embedded in it. It looks just like the bracelet for Z moves. It probably has something to do with that
>>
>>27669789
You get Rockruff when you get the Z bracelet, just like you got Lucario with the mega ring
>>
I was very sceptical towards the "four cliffs on four islands = four evolutions" but after thinking about it, i have changed my mind. There are a few reasons why i think gf will make some unprecedented choices regarding Pokémon availability and ways of obtaining them, mainly these:

1) the very existance of Alola forms; different Pokémon who share the same slot in the pokedex
2) Pokebank; which makes collecting Pokémon across generations, aswell as making restarting your save a less harrowing choice.

With these in mind i think that the four island theory may be correct and that these evolutions for rockruff( and starters?) will be unavailable in future games(that are not in Alola). The regional form addition makes it so it wont gimp those who wants to fill a pokedex in those games, and bank makes it easy enough to gather all variations and transfer them forward for those who wishes to do so.

This change/addition to the pokemon formula will make older games retain a special relevancy through out the years, as well as make the future remakes even more important.
>>
>>27669789
The z-stone you have equipped when evolving him determines his secondary typing
>>
Lvl up by a different trainer than the one who caught it?

Maybe its a more annoying version of the trade evolution
>>
Maybe you release it at night and it returns to your pc in the morning?
>>
>>27670381
But only Fire, Grass, or Water.
>>
What if it only evolves if partnered in a double battle involving a solrock or lunatone, and what it evolves into depends on the time of day? Or maybe it has to battle a solrock or lunatone. Fuck if I know, just throwing it out there.
>>
File: khe.png (72KB, 800x480px)
khe.png
72KB, 800x480px
>OP believing in the dex entry
>still no "you need a shelder and a slowpoke to get a slowbro"
>>
What if it evolves in only Moon or only Sun to squeeze more money out of us
>>
>>27669789
I think we're on the right path here.
>>
>>27669080
I try to prepare myself to something like that
>>
The chinese leaks, which now are confirmed with the addition of the sea cucumber pokemon, states that some rare Z-stones even change the look of certain pokemon much like ash-greninja.

Obviously the starters and rockruff are the ones getting such stones, thats their connection.

Dont know about his evolution, but >>27670364
makes a good point and I hope something like that is true
>>
New info: The game is going to have moon cycles. He evolves at full moon. Cycles also affect the ocean waves on the islands.
>>
Rockruff has an evolution for each island and the starters have 2 evolutions one for day and one for night "sun and moon"
>>
File: 1468380710490.jpg (8KB, 272x252px)
1468380710490.jpg
8KB, 272x252px
>>27671289
This is too good of an idea to ever happen, and you know that. Stop.
>>
>>27669240
This would be unique, and it's been officially mentioned. It could not relect the gameplay, but we'll see. One rumor that was probably fake suggested that each island may have a different cliff to leave it at.
>>
>>27671289
This makes the most sense. Of course it will have full moon. I wonder how often it will occur. Seasons changed every 4 months in gen 5 so maybe the full moon will happen every 4 days. It would suck if you had to wait about a month realtime to evolve something. I bet moon related moves like Moonlight will be affected as well.
>>
>>27671373
His collar has stones in the shape of phases of the moon. I want you to know this.
>>
>>27669040
he evolves holding a z-stone, you fucking dumb autists

the z-stone's type determines his secondary typing
>>
>>27671444
>stones in the shape of phases of the moon
trips aside, you wot m8?
>>
>>27671494
The one in the poster does.
>>
File: wut.png (569KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
569KB, 500x518px
>>27671513
What moon have you been looking at? they're just rocks.
>>
>>27669040

Maybe something about which phase the moon is at.

>Dark
>Crescent
>Waxing
>Full

They might even have a moon in game that changes phases.
>>
>>27671576
In the new poster. It is dark and rock type.
>>
Guys, it's all too obvious, I can't believe you're all overlooking it. It's clear that Rockruff evolves after you take the knot.
>>
>>27669040

It'd be weird as hell, but maybe it only evolves on nights with a full moon? Assuming the werewolf thing is true.
>>
>Rock type
it will suck, won't it?
>>
pokemon go >:^(
>>
>>27669615
Okay, sister.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 383x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 383x455px
>>27671659
Nigga...
>>
>>27671774
and prolly rock/dark when it evolves
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.