[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You aren't allowed to voice dislike for any design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

File: .png (118KB, 288x276px) Image search: [Google]
.png
118KB, 288x276px
>You aren't allowed to voice dislike for any design from newer generations because your argument will just be dismissed as "bawww pokemon were never only animals fuck off genwunner baby"
>>
>>27661732
well so long as you're not obnoxious about it, I think it's fine.
>>
>>27661732
>cue Yokaifag posting the "reminder to not shit on Pokémon designs" and the other faggots posting Muk, Voltorb or Pidgey.
>>
>you aren't allowed to respond to the retarded "pokemon were animals back then" comment with a fitting answer because your argument will just be dismissed as "bawww fuck off newgenner"
>>
>>27661732
If you say "I dislike X pokemon because Y" it's okay, but if you say "X pokemon is shit and you're a fucking autist furshit gonormie gamefreak cocksucker if you think otherwise" is not
>>
>>27661732
Opposing opinions are not allowed on /vp/ - Game Freak Internet Defense Force.
>>
>"Fuck man..These genwunners are soooo annying."
>"Inorite, complaining about shit"
>"How do I NOT become like them?"
>"idk man"
>"Wait....I GOT IT! I'll like everything GF shits out and say I like them all equally! huhuhuh!"
>"Good idea man, most people don't have preferences for one thing over another huhuhuhhuh, just say you like both"
>"huhuh true true :B"
>Huhuhuhuhhuhuh"
>"huhhhuhhuh"
And scene.
>>
Then maybe you should try a valid argument for once, instead of just crying like a baby.
And did you really need to make a thread complaining that people don't agree with you? Fuck off.
>>
you don't have to love everything, but to go out of your way to hate on something innocuous for posts on end tends to make you sound like a petty, whiny ass bitch
>>
how about we just stop shitting on eachother?
>>
>>27662009
/thread
>>
>>27661732
stfu genwunner
>>
>>27661820
>cue contratrians responding to yokaifag with "yeah these designs are way better actually I wish these were pokemon"
>>
>>27662040
stfu newwunner
>>
>>27661963
Or maybe we have taste you cuntsucking horsepancake
>>
>>27661732
You can voice your dislike. Just not as "this new design is objective shit because of x, y, and z, and everybody who disagrees with me has shit taste!"

Obviously nobody on this board shares the exact same opinions as you do. You're probably meeting a ton of hostility because you're trying to pose it as an objective truth or you're shitting on the opinions of others to begin with.
>>
>>27662085
The clam coin purse IS better than anything from the last 3 gens though.
Especially better than Klefki and Comfey.
>>
>>27662116
>cuntsucking horsepancake

Awesome man howd you come up with that one
Huhuhuhuhuhuhuh
>>
>>27662260
That's literally the second one on the top row did you not pay attention to how half of them are just weird humans.

Also that thing sounds like a chink stereotype in the game
>>
>>27662269
I bet you'd like to know you donkeybedding eisenhower
>>
>>27661732
That's because you never post anything other than
>bawwww why are new pokemon not animals
>>
>>27661732
Dislike all you want faggot, just don't be a retard about it, by the looks of it, you aren't doing a good job.
>>
>implying gf would still care about originality after 720 mons
If you dont like a design of a pokemon dont train it. Some Gens have stronger or weaker pokemondesigns but dont be like "hurr durr the 7 gen is shit bc i dislike the 5 pokemon ive Seen so far" at least wait till the full pokedex is leaked
>>
>>27661963
>what is a strawman
>>
>>27661888
Trips confirms
>>
File: 1470374555890.png (227KB, 635x553px) Image search: [Google]
1470374555890.png
227KB, 635x553px
The only thing as bad as an actual dyed in the wool genwunner is someone who shits up the board by making more threads about their shitty opinion regarding some new Pokemon, whether it's "I love it!" or "This is the shittiest thing since shit", especially when roughly 50% of the threads are already about the exact same thing.
>>
>>27662425
personally I don't like Bruxish's design, but otherwise all the new pokemon are great to me!
am I retarded?
>>
>>27662013
No :DDD::DD:XD
>>
File: article_img.jpg (27KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
article_img.jpg
27KB, 300x250px
>>27661732
Ees how you say the deeslike, sniper comrade.

If you sound like the leetle baby, you weell be getting yelled at for being the leetle baby.

Giwe constructiwe, empeerical reasons for the deesliking, and eet not so bad. You weell be finding others to have the constructeewe debate, or ewen some conweenceeng.

Then again, many other people on the /wp/ are also the leetle babies, so it doesn't that much weeth the mattereeng.
>>
>>27665802
I'm not a fan of the pattern. The teeth and lure are cool, but it looks like they just didn't know how to make it not boring so they just went nuts. I get that there are some crazy looking fish in real life, but I would have just preferred a little more cohesion in the design.
>>
The problem is people are getting pickier and whinier as generations go on. They complain about things that early gens directly contradict. Like the guy who said the first Pokemon he EVER hated was Musdale just because it's just a horse. So he didn't hate Seel, Persian, or Herdier.
>>
>>27661963
Careful. Some wind might blow all that straw you just built up away.
>>
>>27661963
I just think differently about it.

When gen 5 came it was the first time that some Pokemon looked drastically different than the others to me. But I didnt hate them for some reason. I even appreciated some of them for trying new things. We didnt need another cool wolf Pokemon or another dragon (even tho we got that too), there was enough of them.

And even if I dislike a Mon, its just an enemy in a JRPG. If you dont like it just dont use it, you can still kill it and if you do that it doesnt really matter how it looks, does it?
>>
File: .......jpg (26KB, 176x214px) Image search: [Google]
.......jpg
26KB, 176x214px
>can't say anything bad about the older games because you'll be called underage or (region)babby
>can't say anything bad about the newer games because you'll be called a genwunner
>can't say anything bad about any game because (game) apologists will come out and say that they are all completely flawless
>>
File: 1470712967498.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1470712967498.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
>can't say SuMo because reddit

I don't actually say SuMo, but I'll never understand what makes autists so pissy about it.
>>
File: 1458351288213.png (81KB, 1006x930px) Image search: [Google]
1458351288213.png
81KB, 1006x930px
>>27661963
I just like Pokemon and find all of the designs fun, especially the weird and strange ones.

I'm a total Poke-whore, really.
>>
>>27661732
>You aren't allowed to voice dislike for any design from newer generations because your argument
If you weren't allowed to voice dislike something then there would not be an argument held over it since you were being silenced and censored.

The fact that you can have an opinion on something and then argue about it is indicative of the capability to speak freely and openly in this setting.
>>
>>27668666
People mad because they didn't think of it.
>>
>>27668717
the only pokemon I didn't like was Elecktross, just because of the gen 5 sprite. gen 6 saved it from the derp pile.
>>
>>27661732
>>27668426
how about everyone shuts up entirely?
>>
>>27668770
How about you sniff my nuts?
>>
>I can't complain about object Pokemon without people disagreeing with me and I am butt hurt

Hi OP
>>
>>27661732
It's mainly because the criticisms are inconsistent with was okay in the past.

Seriously, you have no objective ground to stand on other than "It's not from my childhood, so it sucks." You can quantify it with what you think are objective facts, but you're slipping because there's clear contradictions in your assertion and it's not much different from what Gen 1 was. Your issue isn't the content, it's the packaging.
>>
Bewear and Sandcastle are shit
>>
Probably my biggest problem with all the fan babies.

I like how you can't say anything bad about a new pokemon without some autist launching an all out assault on pokemon like grimer, exeggcute, voltorb, diglette, or magnemite.

The problem with that is it assumes the person complaining even likes those pokemon.

Also, why is it okay to throw the old pokemon under the bus to stop people from criticizing the new ones?
>>
>>27661820
Wait, whats wrong with pidgey?!
>>
>>27662114
>newwunner
Anon, how do you miss the point this badly
>>
>>27668666
A silly debil like you would never understand
>>
I don't know when people got to the point where they figured they are supposed to like every pokemon.

I don't like the sandcastle. I don't like the new Exeggutor. I don't care though. Are they shit? In my opinion, yes. But every pokemon gen has shit pokemon. Everyone has different taste, and believe it or not but some people actually do like the sand castle and bewear and new exeggutor. Honestly, I like Bewear. I already know I'll be using it on my team for my first play through cuz I like the design and I like the idea behind it. It doesn't matter what I think, or what you think or what anyone thinks. We all like different pokemon and we all disagree with which ones suck. These arguments are pointless and always go in circles. There is no objective best pokemon and there never will be
>>
When I hate a pokemon design, I can just not catch it.
It wasn't meant to appeal to me and that's absolutely fine. There's plenty others I like this gen.
>>
>>27668929
>Also, why is it okay to throw the old pokemon under the bus to stop people from criticizing the new ones?

When people reply talking about Grimer and Voltorb, they're not saying they're shit. They're saying that if you think a new Pokémon is shit for not being an animal, than you should probably think those ones suck too, right? And in most cases the person complaining about the new Pokémon loves Grimer and Voltorb.
>>
>>27662009
This.
Not a fan of some of the Pokémon we've seen like Bewear or that sea cucumber, but I'm not gonna sperg out and start a thread talking about how the franchise is dead.
>>
>>27671816
>I don't know when people got to the point where they figured they are supposed to like every pokemon.

Holy fucking shit THIS.
I've been saying this forever. I mostly only like girly/prettymons, which are always a very small part of generations. I've had no generation where I've LIKED (as in want to use on a team) more than at most 15 Pokémon. I don't understand why people think they're supposed to like everything.
>>
>>27668929
No, not true.

You can say "I don't like this Pokemon design"

You only trigger the Genwunner shitstorming when you say "This Pokemon design is proof that the series is worse now than it used to be"

Because there's always been good designs and bad designs. And it's one thing to dislike a design, and it's another thing to say that the design is a demonstration of how much worse the series is now than it was Back In My Day
>>
>>27671825
>I can just not catch it
MODS
>>
>>27661820
That faggot bugs me because I actually like those designs. They'd be shit as pokémon designs, but they're not meant to be a complete ripoff of Pokémon to begin with.
>>
>>27671865
I dunno. I'm not a genwunner but I like every single one of the original 151.

But that's the whole problem with this fighting, there's no accounting for taste. All the autists are just calling stuff bad as if any single pokémon in the series can be classified as objectively bad. If people were putting forward actual criticisms, we'd probably find that all of them are at least compotently designed. A lot of thought goes into each of these 'mons and the fighting is just a sum zero game.
>>
>>27661732
You're allowed to dislike a design but only if your reason makes sense.

Example,
>I don't like Bewear, the white gap between the ears looks odd and I don't like where it's mouth is located.
Valid opinion. I like Bewear but I've seen this argument thrown around and I can understand why people don't like it.

>I don't like Alola Exeggutor, it's goofy looking.
Invalid, it's supposed to be goofy looking.
>>
>>27666978
shut the bloody hell up ya grease drippin' pork pie!
>>
File: 893234567523.jpg (36KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
893234567523.jpg
36KB, 580x387px
>>27661732
>dislike something that about 95% of /vp/ loves according to polls
>most people on my side just resort to shitpost
>this obviously makes the other 95% smother them with more shitposting
>find a few posts of my side on the archive that use real arguments and zero fallacies
>they still get shitposted to the ground while the arguments are ignored
>"why don't you try arguing instead of shitposting? :^)"
I don't even have the guts to mention the matter itself. This really is showing me how detrimental to debate and argumentation an overwhelming majority can be.
>>
>>27668666
Because it only exists because some fag on reddit said SM sounds inappropriate and we should all use SuMo.
>>
>>27661732
you can hate a design without talking shit about the entire gen
>>
>I'm not allowed to call Ursaring or Pangoro better designs than Bewear because Bewear is new.
It's Stockholm syndrome.
>>
File: kabu.png (89KB, 412x454px) Image search: [Google]
kabu.png
89KB, 412x454px
bawww pokemon were never only animals fuck off genwunner baby
>>
>>27661820
Pidgey's bad? I love the Pidgey-Pidgeot line.
>>
>>27661732
>people have a reason to be a defensive of a pokemon design I hated on and I can't take it on the chin.
>>
People saying you can voice your opinion if you have arguments are full of shit. Pokefaggots will shit on you regardless of your argument, especially if is one of those Pokemon people get overly defensive like Vanilite.
>>
>>27677032
What arguments have people ever given for hating the Vanillite line that aren't DUDE ICE CREAM LMAO? I'm asking this as someone who also hates that line too by the way.

My argument would be that the middle stage looks retarded, and the last stage is just the middle stage with two heads. The first is a subjective opinion which is no more or less valid than any other opinion, and the second is an objective example of lazy design, but has no bearing on other people's subjective opinion of the design; Electrode is the laziest evo in the game and I still like the way it looks, for example.

And yet, EVERY SINGLE TIME someone shits on Vanilluxe, it's not because of their subjective opinions on whether it looks good or not, and it's not because the last stage isn't particuarly creative. It's ALWAYS because it's based on ice cream and this is somehow an objectively poor design choice.

If you have legitimate reasons for disliking something and faggots choose to ignore them, you're justified in getting mad at them. But understand that people only react that way because the vast majority of people voicing their negative opinion of a post-genwun Pokémon not only don't have valid objective reasons for their criticism (which is fine because everything's subjective anyway) but also pretend their reasons ARE objective and that anyone who disagrees is wrong.

That's also why people bring up genwun Pokémon when someone shits on a new design. They're not saying that old shit designs justify new ones like the genwunners claim they are. They're saying that if you criticize a new Pokémon for a specific design flaw while defending a genwun Pokémon guilty of the same flaw, then you're a hypocrite. That's it.
>>
>>27677766
Except nobody claims Voltrob is the pineacle of design when talking shit about Vaniluxe. Accept it, pokemon fans have the tiniest skin but they have no problem shitting on Digimon or YW but Pokemon? Pokemon is perfect and GF can't do wrong.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.