[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this company still try to pander to players that have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1456110391516.png (8KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
1456110391516.png
8KB, 500x355px
Why does this company still try to pander to players that have long stopped playing and abandoned the franchise?
>>
>>27649822

Because they're fucking retarded by ignoring the later gens
>>
>>27649822
Because they're a vocal minority
>>
>>27649822
XY successfully brought back a tonne of Genwunners to the franchise, and ORAS successfully brought back people who left before or at Hoenn.

So unfortunately, all the content aimed at those two parts of the franchise works
>>
>>27649855
this
>>
>>27649822
Thank goodness they don't pander to you, then.
>>
Because the underages get their panties ina. Twist eveytime GF recognizes Gen 1 existed

Also, it's their most popular gen by far
>>
>>27649857
A vocal minority made pokemon a cultural phenomenon... twice!
>>
>>27649822
>I dislike when GF pays attention to its own roster

Gen 1 is the most iconic and well known of the franchise, like it or not. It's the most solid platform to test new ideas from. If Alola variants are going to succeed with the fanbase, they have the best chance to do so using gen 1 pokemon. Since they're being received quite positively, you can expect more from other gens later.

Go play BW if you only want to see new pokemon instead of new ideas.
>>
>>27649822
They're actually just trying to keep designs they made 25 years ago relevant. Theyre preventing powercreep by constantly adding more and calling back the older generations.
>>
>>27649953
>Since they're being received quite positively, you can expect more from other gens later.
And what happened to mega evolutions?

Looks like that project has been "frozen".
>>
>>27649915
This.
>>
>>27650075
Oh quit coming to these retarded conclusions just because we haven't seen anything yet. If you don't like them, fine, just stop being an idiot.
>>
Like some people already say, gen I is the most know generation of pokemon, even people who start playing the game later like pokemons from that gen.

Also, not all people who played gen I drop the pokemon games or became a genwunner when the pokemon fever of 20 years ago end.
>>
File: generation one.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
generation one.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>27649855
Or they know to show respect and pay homage to the generation that made them one of the most popular gaming franchises in the world.
>>
>REEEEEE Genwunners are ruining our precious franchise by not letting us have Gen 5 forever! Praise Volcarona!
>>
>>27650757
How is gen 1 forever better than gen 5 forever?
>>
>>27649822
Because Gen 1 is still the most popular and recognizable Gen. Why wouldn't they exploit their strongest asset?
>>
>>27650212
Chill
>>
>>27650771
Not necessarily, but I'm supposing that's what anti-genwunners usually whine about.
>>
>>27650536
Where's this from?
>>
File: why u salty nigga.jpg (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
why u salty nigga.jpg
34KB, 640x640px
>>27649822
cuz even GF kno gen 1 is best gen
>>
>>27650784
>>27650551

The problem isnt exploiting gen1.
The problem is not giving anything to anything else.
No gen 2 or 5 starter megas.
I doubt any trainers in Alola will have a Bellossom, if Oddish is even in the dex.
XY pandered to gen 1 already, 3 years ago.

We want Alola forms for other shit, too.
>>
>>27650917
"""""we""""""
>>
>>27650803
Why the fuck would you suppose that?
This is "I AM SILLY" levels of projection
>>
>>27651003
(((You))).

Not speaking for him but seriously, fuck off, it'd be much more fun to have some more diversity instead of getting Gen 1's dick shoved in my face all the time a new gen comes out.
>>
>>27650917
Please. Megas were distributed between every gen except 5 and 6 (audino doesn't matter) because GF wanted to breathe life into old gens. That's hardly genwun pandering and "not giving anything to anything else." Doesn't gen 3 have the most megas?

As for starter megas, I think it's obvious by now that they are reserved for remakes to increase sales/hype. You probably won't see gen 4 starter megas because they are saving them for the remakes. I doubt you'll see another gen 2 remake, but starter megas aren't something you add in haphazardly. They introduce them in big ways.
>>
>>27650917
> 1: Gen 5 had just finished when Mega Evolutions were introduced so of course they weren't going to get them right way. We haven't seen any megas for SM yet so don't rule Gen2 out just yet.

2:It's Pokemon's 20th anniversary of course their main focus is going to be on celebrating Gen 1 because Gen 1 is the reason that Pokemon is the giant it is, if Gen 1 hadn't been successful none of the future gens would even exist. Not to mention GameFreak likes to focus on the more iconic Pokemon, well guess which generation has more iconic Pokemon in it than the rest?

3: We've already seen Gen 2 Pokemon are present in the game, why is Bellossom the one you picked? obviously there's going to be Pokemon from ALL previous gens that don't show up in the Alola Dex but that's the way its always been.
>>
>>27651092
Where was this genwun dick when RS, DP, or BW came out?

Funny how GF decides to give more attention to old pokemon when sales decrease a little more every gen without them
>>
>>27651100
>Megas were distributed between every gen except 5 and 6
>"megas are distributed evenly if you ignore that they're not distributed evenly"

Good job, great argument.
>>
>>27651162
Do me a favor and learn to read before you come off like a fucking retard a second time. I never said they were distributed evenly. I said they were distributed across four gens.

In fact, I've counted them for you, from gens 1 to 4:

Gen 3 has the most. The original argument I responded to was that nothing but gen 1 gets to use the new features and toys, and that GF does not give "anything to anything else." I suppose those megas for the other gens don't exist, right?
>>
>>27649822
Same reason marvel and dc do, awful market research.

Lucky for gf, they have a buffer in actual fans and kids.
>>
>>27649932
>twice
Nostalgiafags werent a thing in gen 1 you retard.
>>
>>27650492
>>27650492
>Also, not all people who played gen I drop the pokemon games or became a genwunner when the pokemon fever of 20 years ago end.
Literally no one is contesting this.
>>
>>27650551
We all respect gen 1. But there`s doing a one time homage which is fine and then there`s overcelebrating the past.
>>
>>27650803
>Not necessarily, but I'm supposing that's what anti-genwunners usually whine about.
Whoa, i knew nostalgiafag white knights were dumb but not this deluded.

>>27651149
RS was made before nostalgiafags were a thing and gf just learned the internet was a thing on gen 6.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.