[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright I'm begging you please help me /vp/. I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Parasect.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Parasect.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
Alright I'm begging you please help me /vp/.

I want to build a team around Parasect. Paras has been my favorite Pokemon since Blue/Red.

I will be battling my best friend soon. He is better at Pokemon than me I acknowledge this but I want to at least have a fighting chance.

He loves to use Darmanitan. He may also be fielding a sand team built around Sandslash.

How do I beat him? Help me build a team pleaaase.

In exchange I offer worldly advice from a 28 year old who was in the military for 6 years and has passed Recon school.
>>
>>27646482
Baton pass stuff onto Parasect.
>>
>>27646482
Use a politoed team and just spore everything with Parasect when the fire types are not inside. Give Parasect max defense and HP to possibly maybe probably not live life orb stone edge,

Mega swampert is a good pair, just don't switch him in on Darm repeatedly.
>>
0321?
>>
>>27646482
I can't help you with battling, but Parasect is one of the best bros in Kanto. Great taste anon.
>>
>>27646482
Why doesn't Parasect have these vibrant colors in the games
>>
Try trickroom Swords Dance Parasect sweeper. I reccomend offensive bronzong as a trickroom setter.
>>
Funbro him until you get him down to a mon Parasect can 1v1
>>
>>27646515

Wouldn't it be wiser to Baton Pass things to Pokemon other than Parasect?

>>27646543

You can only Spore 1 Pokemon at a time can't you?

Mega Swampert seems like a good teammate ty.

>>27646570

Yes.
>>
File: 1470113596711.png (126KB, 478x358px) Image search: [Google]
1470113596711.png
126KB, 478x358px
>>27646482
Paras/Parasect was the first Pokemon I saw in the anime. I'll start by helping you out with a basic Parasect build.

Parasect@Leftovers
Dry Skin
252 Hp / 160 Def / 96 SpDef
-Spore
-X-Scissor / Knock Off
-Substitute
-Leech Seed

You absolutely want a Drizzle partner in the form of Politoed or Kygore if legends are allowed to abuse Dry Skin's auto-healing and to mitigate Fire damage (you'll still probably die even in the rain). Substitute + Leech Seed is a basic annoying stall strategy. Take advantage of Spore. It is Parasect's only saving grace. X-Scissor is for putting the hurt when needed on Bug-weak foes. Knock Off is probably a better option because it is so universally good.

I don't know if you and your friend do doubles. If Doubles then swap Substitute for Rage Powder and Leech Seed for Protect.

Partners needed are:
+Politoed (Kyogre) for auto-Drizzle
+Offensive Swift Swim like Ludicolo, Kingdra, or Kabutops
+Rock resist (Steel or Ground type)
+Fire resist (Flash Fire mon maybe?)
+Flying resist (Steel type most likely)
+use the best possible Mega-evolution you have access to

Hope this puts you on the right path.
>>
>>27646660
Nice trips get some just spam spore
>>
>>27646636

Hadn't considered Trick Room good idea thanks.

>>27646656

wtf is a "Funbro"?
>>
>>27646660
You can only spore 1 at a time if you're playing by smogon aka homosexual autist rules.
>>
>>27646678
nature is Careful or Sassy if you decide for Trick Room, but Parasect is already so slow so Careful works fine.

Alternatively.

Adamant
252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 whatever
-Knock Off
-X-Scissor
-Seed Bomb
-Spore

if you just want to use something dumb and maybe strong.
>>
>>27646694
Abuse slowbro/stall with a random parasect and then just finish him off with it
>>
>>27646707
If his friend is building a Sandteam wish sandslash I seriously donbt they're playing smogon rule OP please verify
>>
File: 1465279391055.png (146KB, 513x633px) Image search: [Google]
1465279391055.png
146KB, 513x633px
>>27646707
>You can only spore 1 at a time if you're playing by smogon aka homosexual autist rules.
>>
>>27646678

ty for the input this is really helpful. I think I am going to have to build a Rain team if I want to use Parasect.

>>27646707

This genuinely made me laugh but yea we are using those rules.

Does that make me a homosexual autist?
>>
>>27646482
Remember, Parasect is NOT Paras

Your cute lil bug?

Fucking GONE. It's been eaten, it's dead, the mushroom is your pokemon now

If you love Paras, please don't evolve it. Doing so literally kills the bug, leaving you with a hollow-eyed zombie
>>
>>27646694
This is Funbro
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-68669845
>>
>>27646814
There never was a bug, only a mushroom. They are infected at birth.
>>
>>27646823
That violates Smogon rules you homosexual
>>
OP here, so I think I need to build Rain/stall team based on what I've read so far.

But how do I do this?

>>27646814

I know. Maximum sadness.
>>
>>27646660
I was saying onto Parasect because he wanted to use it.
Did you read the OP at all?
>>
>>27646851
Bruh paras is a bug infected by the fungus
>>
Parasect is really only useful in 2v2 battles. There it's still not good, but it is healed by surf, resists earthquake massively, has wide guard for heatwave/rockslide, and rage powder for team protection.
>>
>>27646887
Alolan monobug Paras that is free from inevitable death when
>>
Play doubles, it's actually pretty good and only held back in usage because Amoonguss is mostly better
>>
>>27646823
Why would it takes somebody 165 turns to forfeit
>>
>>27646944
The first thing he does is start stacking hazards so obviously he had severe autism.
>>
File: 2349851.png (251KB, 670x439px) Image search: [Google]
2349851.png
251KB, 670x439px
>>27646923
Here is the start! Just needs to be recolored and shit with something added to it to make it less boring
>>
>>27646917
>>27646932

ugh I know that's what my friend says. But we are having a normal battle first.

-

Right now I have Parasect and Mega Swampert.
>>
>>27647010

The best you can do is spore+sub+leech seed. Be a douche, ignore sleep clause, and put as much of his team to sleep. There's nothing else parasect can pull off in singles, and even then your friend probably knows this, and has a team prepared or knows how to work around this.

If you at least want to try and throw him for a loop, just to be entertaining, you can try a zoroark on the same team, as then they won't know whether to fear zoroark or spore. You can try a custap berry to try and get off a final spore before dying, but will more likely need the focus sash. You can try and alternate between swagger/substitute/sleep to try and hax them to death.
>>
>>27646694

trick room really isn't that good for parasect. Especially if settin up swords dance. It's super frail and would need two turns of survival to switch in and then boost. At that point even if you survive, you only have two more turns of trick room, with not that great attack even after the boost, and a poor attacking movepool.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.