[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>z-moves >alola forms >pokemon from RBY retain typing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (515KB, 1163x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
515KB, 1163x2048px
>z-moves
>alola forms
>pokemon from RBY retain typing
>megas more than likely coming back

how fucked is the meta this gen?
>>
>>27635403

Forgive my ignorance, but how badly does this affect the meta?
>>
>>27635430
Not really too much. It'll just effect what sets are viable for a very few certain mon like clefable. Plus if you play by smogob format everyone knows how shitty they are at making tiers. Such as when a shitmon like mawile was OU and couldnt be used outside of the tier because of its mega being OU material.
>>
>>27635403
>>pokemon from RBY retain typing
Wait... when was this confirmed?
>>
>>27635403
Fairy > Normal in all cases

If RBY Pokemon retain RBY TM moves though, that may affect the meta.

With Z-Moves the meta will become more offensive, which is surprising considering megas are a thing.

As usual, the best will float to the top. UU and RU will be a crazy zone though. VGC too
>>
All I see is chaos. If things like Gumshoos and Bruxish have half-way decent stats they'll either reshape things or get banned. I could see Gumshoos being used with Encore and Memento users to make some very obnoxious offensive cores, like Tickle-Wobbuffet+Banded Tyranitar all over again. Tapu Koko looks like something that would be banned too. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they just banned half the alola dex and kept playing gen-6 but with alola's shitmons (there'll be at least a couple, like every gen) in the lower tiers.
>>
>>27635403
I hope it gets rocked as hell

mostly likely will barely change though, just the OU will get even more offensive with zmoves
>>
>>27635628
What is Gumshoos' ability though?

Also, I agree with the alola pokemon bringing fresh playstyles to be banned to Ubers because people want to maintain the status quo. Gen 6 OU meta is literally played the exact same as the Gen 5 OU meta.
>>
>>27635740
nah, gen 5 meta was super heavy with the weather thanks to HA pokemon like Politoed.

It bums me out that they nerfed weather and then also introduced ground effects, nerfing the ground shit before it even got its start.
>>
>>27635740
Gumshoos ability is stakeout. If the opponent switches the attack does 1.5x damage to the guy getting switched in. If it has halfway decent attack and speed you can slap a Choice Band on it, force switches with Encore or Memento or, hell, even Taunt, and wreck whatever they switch to with a big, powerful STAB return/Frustration. Or Double edge, if it learns it. Or Crunch if you think a ghost is coming in (Gumshoos other ability is Strong Jaw so it has a 99% chance of learning Crunch). If it has good stats it will be a real pain in the ass to deal with.

And, yeah, it really sucks that gen-6 is just gen-5 but with a couple fairies, knock off, and less weather. Knock off being buffed was nice, though. Made Bisharp and weavile a whole lot less shitty, so it has that going for it. I don't miss the weather wars, though. That was stupid. and people who actually LIKED that playstyle have Ubers now, with Primal Groudon and Kyogre.
>>
>>27635800
I remember playing against weather teams alot in gen 5 but they never could be used to their full potential because of certain sand rush/swift swim bans.

People seem to really love a stagnant meta.
>>
>>27635493
what the fuck are you talking about

>>27635620
that's literally not going to happen
>>
>>27635628
I highly doubt Gumshoos or Bruxish will be very good, and hopefully other, more useful Pokemon will get their abilities.
Gumshoos is doomed to have poor stats for being first route vermin, and unlike Diggersby, doesn't have a strong ability or type to make up for this.
I have little faith in Bruxish. People forget its other ability, Strong Jaw, most likely insinuates that it'll be physically-oriented, which is pretty poor for a Water/Psychic type. I expect it to have the classic GF "stats all over the fucking place" spread. While Dazzling helps mess with Talonflame and a handful of other Pokemon who mainly use priority attacks, it's doubtful it'll be fast enough to fully utilize this ability. We also don't know the full mechanics of Dazzling -- Does it even block situational priority moves (like Gale Wings moves or Prankster moves)?
>>
>>27635868
That ability sounds pretty amazing, if Gumshoos does end up having speed I would literally jizz my pants.

I like to run gimmick teams but there's nothing interesting to do ever since baton pass got nerfed, so I just run with a team based around trick room mega-heracross which is pretty boring to play.
>>
>>27635919
I really,really hate it when GF thinks of a cool,original ability and then just completely wastes it. Aegislash is literally the only time where a pokemon like that had non-shit stats.
>>
>>27635919
>Water psychic bad for physical
We might get new psychic and water physical moves. Remember when Bug Buzz was invented and we were all "Finally, a good Bug Move!" Or when Icicle Crash wasi nvented and Physical Ice types were slightly less shit (and only then, it's because GF hates Ice types, the attack is awesome)
>>
>>27635872
Smogon rules always have this weird shit going on.

Tons of priority moves, bans speed.
Tons of always hit moves, bans evasion.

I just ignore their crap and play however
>>
>>27635403
RBY mons retaining their stats is the craziest shit though. 255/255/255 Chansey with Eviolite is crazy...
>>
>>27635919
>Waterfall
>Zen Headbutt
how exactly are they bad?
>>
>>27635868
>Stakeout Pursuit

If only it were a STAB attack. That would be insane.
>>
>>27639144
That's not how Stakeout works.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.