[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone explain to me why this piece of shit got so popular in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ashgreninja.jpg (51KB, 651x651px) Image search: [Google]
ashgreninja.jpg
51KB, 651x651px
Someone explain to me why this piece of shit got so popular in Japan to the point where they decided it was a good idea to greenlight an anime and trainer specific form?

Like, actual good reasons backed up by evidence, not just "lol naruto kids in japan like it"
>>
I think it's his backstory in the anime
>>
lol naruto kids in japan like it
>>
>>27631256
What makes you think kids, Pokemon's target audience, liking it is not a good reason?
>>
i dont get it, delphox should be the popular oneeeeeeee
>>
>>27631256
I wonder how will you react when they announce it for SM ? Like there's a doubt about that. They brought Perfect Cell and everyone was convinced it will stay anime-exclusive. And like you said, this thing is ultra popular in Japan.
>>
>>27631360
Anything Zygarde related only fucking complete retards thought would be anime exclusive.
>>
Gamefreak's Lightning
>>
I actually think it's great kids today love him. They have their own charizard now
>>
>>27631256
>as a starter, Greninja was carefully designed to be popular
>some time after its creation, they also thought it would be a good idea to put in Sm4sh, which would further increase its popularity
>they also gave it to Ash because they decided that in XY Ash would finally be a decent trainer, so the "coolest" and most competitively viable starter should go to him
>unsurprisingly, all of that marketing worked and the frog became insanely popular, so popular that they decided to use its popularity to promote some mechanics that would appear in future games (this synchro bullshit)
And that's how Ash-Greninja was created.

Additionally, Ash-Greninja served as ANOTHER popularity tool for Greninja, making it win that event distribution poll, officially making it Pokémon's new lightning

tl;dr there's no brakes in the memefrog popularity train
>>
>>27631444
That would be Lucario.
>>
>>27631256
Money.
>>
>>27631256
I dunno man but my three lil bros absolutely love Greninja

I think it's literally the charizard of their generation since X and Y was all of my bros first Pokemon games
>>
>>27631256
It looks cool as fuck.
>>
Ninjas are cool
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.