[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So...as someone who only played Pokemon Red, Gold and Emerald,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (485KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
485KB, 499x374px
So...as someone who only played Pokemon Red, Gold and Emerald, which of the latest Pokemon games would you recommend me? Keep in mind I own a 3ds so I could play pretty much all of them. Gold was my favourite of the three I mentioned.
>>
Heart gold or soul silver for ds and Really I think oras and xy where equally as fun.
>>
>HeartGold/Soul Silver
>Black/White + B/2W2
>X/Y
Skip the Sinnoh games an you're good to go.
>>
>>27628190
As much as I admire Sinnoh I have to agree
>>
>>27628120
I would play Heart Gold or Soul Silver for the nostalgia.
X or Y for the 3d models.
And then you can get either Sun or Moon.
>>
>>27628120
Platinum and HGSS
Everything else is filler
>>
>>27628190
>Black/White + B/2W2
Just B2W2 is fine.

Thirding that you should skip DPPt entirely, it's garbage and a remake is almost guaranteed to improve everything wrong with it.
>>
>>27628120
HGSS for nostalgia, Platinum for a new adventure, and XY.
>>
>>27628153
>>27628190
>>27628213
>>27628224
>>27628224
>>27628254
>>27628265
>>27628270

Thank you all. I think I'll start with HeartGold, skip the Sinnoh games and try at least one of the more recent ones to check the 3d models.
>>
>>27628325
Play Bw2 too you fag
>>
>>27628374
Nah fuck that. Pick up Platinum too. Bw/2 are very skip able.
>>
>>27628374
No I don't think so but thank you for your input
>>
>>27628421
Oh you.
>>
>>27628120
I like many Sinnoh Pokémon, but the game sucked balls almost as much as RS.

ORAS is good, XY is good, HGSS is also good.
>>
File: pokemon rankings.png (1MB, 1087x1870px)
pokemon rankings.png
1MB, 1087x1870px
>>27628120
Platinum and HGSS are a must, especially the latter if you liked Gold. I personally also love Gen V but they're pretty polarizing, I'd check those out too.

XY are shit, avoid them. ORAS aren't as shit as XY but they're pretty subpar as far as remakes go, you'd be better off just replaying Emerald.
>>
>>27628614
Platinum is good, but I don't think it is going to give him anything new to catch up that he wouldn't get from playing both HGSS and XY.

I agree with changing XY for ORAS, since he is going to play a new adventure, since he didn't play the original ones, and he will get to know stuff like Dexnav(one of the best functions in the game), 3D, secret bases, and Soaring(that I think that is going to be in sun moon).
>>
Gold is a bad game. Like actually a bad game. Chances are you were too young to realise that, it definitely felt huge and amazing back in the day, but it's insanely flawed.

HG/SS is just the same bad game but now it's running on the absolute garbage Gen 4 engine.

As someone returning BW1 probably isn't the best start either, since it's entirely new Pokémon. BW2 has a garbage first few hours where everyone wants to be your best friend but it really good after that, and X/Y is good.

BW2 I'd say.
>>
>>27628120
Play HGSS then either go for BWB2W2 or ORAS.
>>
>>27628716
What's the difference in terms of story and gameplay between BW1 and BW2?

I only tried BW2 a few years back, but my emulator crashed after the big city and deleted my savegame as well.
>>
>>27628716
>recommending gen5
It was literally what killed sprites. As a sprite lover, I prefer 3D to the abomination that was gen5.
>>
They're all shit. Just wait for SM.
>>
>>27628716
> As someone returning BW1 probably isn't the best start either, since it's entirely new Pokémon.

I think it's a great start exactly for this reason. It's very much standalone and I wouldn't have gone back to the Pokemon series if it wasn't for this.
>>
>>27628846
BW2 has an entirely different story from BW1. It's set on the same region but two years later. The story on BW2 is also much weaker.
>>
>>27629296
But the overall game and post game is miles better than BW1.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.