[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They're the best candidates to get Alolan Forms. All of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 1c.png (141KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1c.png
141KB, 500x386px
They're the best candidates to get Alolan Forms.
All of them get Fighting.

And we finally retcon the abortions of their evolutions.
>>
>All of them get Fighting
For what purpose? Also
>Jynx
>evolution
>>
>>27623030

They will never ever bring Jynx back into the spotlight

Electabuzz and Magmar are just a duo now, Jynx has nothing to do with them anymore
>>
>>27623030
I can dig it, Deltron
>>
Electivire is cool, though.
>>
>>27623051

To get them back into the game. And to save Jinx from extermination. (?)
>>
>Electivire
>Abortion
>Jnyx having an evolution

How does it feel to be wrong?
>>
>>27623089
And it could be cooler.
>>
File: 478Froslass[1].png (758KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
478Froslass[1].png
758KB, 1280x1280px
Jynx missed her chance to be relevant again in Gen 4.

Instead of evolving her, they made Froslass, which is more or less based on the same concept.
>>
>>27623102
Why would you ever want to do that?
>>27623118
And Froslass is a massively improved design on the concept that it is utterly ridiculous.
>>
>>27623078
>He thinks butthurt westerners will affect the future of Pokemon
It took them literally nearly killing a bunch of children to pull an episode of the anime.

The west banned an episode because a guy pointed a gun at Ash in a nation where the average PG-13 movie has a body count that can reach 6 digits.
>>
I wonder why Red/Blue/Yellow was so pushed in Gen 1 when Japan specifically had Red/Green/Blue, then Yellow.

>Eeveelutions
>this trio(at the time)
>Legendary birds
What caused Green to get cucked so hard in its own generation? It's kind of back to R/G/B now with things like the Monkeys, but it's just odd noticing it.
>>
>And we finally retcon the abortions of their evolutions.

This meme opinion is so bad.

>>27623051
>>All of them get Fighting
>For what purpose? Also

For one, the elemental punches were more or less their signature moves. That doesn't make them Fighting, but it does give them a push toward punching.

I would rather them end up with unique typings based on each other. Jynx is now Ice/Electric, Electabuzz is now Electric/Fire, Magmar is now Fire/Ice.
>>
>>27623159
Did literally anybody see Magmar, Electabuzz and Jynx as a trio? Magmar and Electabuzz were a duo of game exclusives. Jynx was just one of the garbage trademons like Farfetch'd and Lickitung.
>>
>>27623159
It's not just the colors, you dip.

It's Fire-Ice/Water-Electric.

And RGB has LITERALLY been their for every fucking starter trio.
>>
>>27623173
No, I don't think anybody ever considered Jynx a part of them.
>>
>>27623173
They were until Gen 4.
They randomly got babies when the only other things that did were hugely important (Pikachu, Jigglypuff at the time, Togepi, Tyrogue tying together Hitmons) or uh, Cleffa.
Their babies are all even connected in having to grow to level 30 to evolve.

And they have the whole Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower(or stronger versions, or even weaker punches) going on.
>>
>>27623195
I'm not seeing the connection at all. The baby connection is incredibly vague and loose at best and ultimately disproved by the fact they were not the only babies in gen 2.
>>
>>27623173
I mean Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch, but Jynx was always different. Dual-typed, not exclusive.

But! They did give Jynx a prevo just like the other two.

But! They didn't give Jynx an evo just like the other two.

So I think GF occasionally remembers they were sort of a trio, but only sometimes, and the audience barely thinks that way.
>>
>>27623173

Jynx could be caught in the wild in Japanese Blue

Electabuzz was exclusive to Red
Magmar was exclusive to Green (Blue in America)
Wild Jynx was exclusive to Japanese!Blue
>>
>>27623030
> retcon the abortions
TRUTH HAS BEEN SPOKEN
>>
>>27623204
>the baby connection is incredibly vague
>the only Pokemon besides niggas like Pikachu to get babies
>specifically babies that evolve at level 30
>actually, the only babies that evolve at level 30 belong to these three
>>
>>27623030

Electivire is the best of the line, OP.

You're right about the others though. I'd like to see Magmortar retconned or reskinned into something better. Jynx honestly isn't worth going back to though - no amount of evolutions or redesigns can fix that mess.
>>
>>27623182
>And RGB has LITERALLY been their for every fucking starter trio.
Well yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Where else did RGB show up in Gen 1 besides as the starters? I'm listing Red/Blue/Yellow because blue shit happens in other gens too. Look at the lake fairies.
>>
>>27623030
Magmar is one of the shittiest gen 1 deigns, but magmortar makes it all worth it.
>>
>>27623195
>>27623204
>>27623187
I mean I'm looking over the moves they learn by level up (since related Pokemon like the legendary beasts and the eeveelutions have the same or equivalent moves at the same time or around that) and Jynx is pretty distinct from Electabuzz and Magmar, since gen 1 and beyond.
>>
>>27623217
Also they happen to all be from three Pokemon that are right next to eachother in the Pokedex?

Scyther easily could've gotten a baby. So could Pinsir or Tauros, but only these three fucks get them.
>>
>>27623217
They literally picked babies that would be cute, that is the only reason babies exist. The connection you are seeing is superfluous.
>>
>>27623182
This is some next level autism, folks.
>>
>>27623265
Explain to me why Pinsir didn't get an evolution but Jynx got a baby.

Surely rival Pokemon sets come in bundles based on the logic present in this thread, and yet there is no Pinzor.
>>
>>27623293
People are throwing autism around really loosely these days.
>>
>>27623257
Wasn't the whole point that Jynx basically stopped being part of the trio after Gen 2? Even during then, their movesets were roughly similar with the elemental punches and their last move being thunder/fire blast/blizzard. Growlithe and Vulpix don't even share that amount of similarity looking at their movesets.

>>27623302
Because Pinsir and Heracross became counterparts instead just like GF abandoned Jynx, probably out of regret due to anime.
>>
>>27623338
>Because Pinsir and Heracross became counterparts instead
They didn't though. Pinsir and Scyther continued to be game exclusives all the way up to gen 4.

Heracross was just an addition. Heracross, Scizor and Pinsir also all got mega forms.
>>
>>27623118
Isn't Froslass yuki-onna while Jynx is more like Yama-uba?
>>
>>27623348
M-Heracross is exclusive to Y and M-Pinsir is exclusive to X. They were also version exclusives in Gen 5. And in Gen 3 they were Mach/Acro bike area exclusives in the safari zone while Scyther was nowhere to be found.

Gen 2 and 4 are just exceptions because Gen 2 introduced it and that would be stupid to make a new Pokemon exclusive to one game when the old Pokemon is exclusive to the other, and Gen 4 has the remake of that. So in 3/5 cases, they're counterparts. That wasn't even true for all of Gen 4. Platinum had Scyther and Pinsir completely unrelated(but Heracross was still stuck in the honey tree meme reference to Gen 2's headbutting trees)

Scyther and Pinsir weren't even counterparts in Gen 2. They were just both high tier bugs for the bug catching competition, as much of a counterpart as Pinsir is with Venonat.
>>
>>27623030
I think the magmar line would fit great as a ground or ground/dark type
>>
>>27623030
No one uses Jynx. No Alola form will cure its shitty design.
>>
>>27623148
Yeah, that and Jynx still shows up a lot in the anime (usually the west just cuts episodes with Jynx in them because they don't want to bother editing every frame to be purple)
>>
>>27623078
Electabuzz and Magmar were always a duo. People just included Jynx because she's next to them in the dex, even though she's meant to parallel Mr. Mime, and she isn't a version exclusive.
>>
>retcon

Stop using words you don't know the meaning of.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.