[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it to buy OR or AS? I haven't played either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire.jpg (221KB, 980x436px) Image search: [Google]
omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire.jpg
221KB, 980x436px
Is it worth it to buy OR or AS? I haven't played either and my first game was Emerald so nostalgia is drawing me in
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>27617811
>>
>>27617827
>No battle frontier
Good Ridance. Most of those places were shit anyway.
>Trainer customization is excluded and it could've been copy pasted
Citation needed
>Framerate issues
It's a turn based RPG. Not a fighting game or a First Person Shooter. Frame Rate is not a problem.
>No GB Sounds Items
This sounds more like a thank god deal because a lot of people really don't like those trumpets.
>the game doesnt let you use the 3D effect
I think this is bait. No one uses the 3D effect on the 3DS unless they wanna go blind and collect disability checks.
>Contests are casualized
Contests were bullshit in the original games. And you couldn't tell what kind of blocks you could use on your Pokemon.
>The game doesn't have a reliable way of showing what teams have on their base
You have 6 vs 3. I think you can live.
>the game is casualized
Welcome to Pokemon after Gen IV.
>No gym leader matches
And? You can't rematch a lot of trainers in X and Y but somehow being unable to rematch gym leaders is a problem? It isn't even a fun thing to do. And in X and Y you have to have a shit ton of money to force a rematch with gym leaders.
>Sky pillar's bike challenge is removed
Thank the fucking lord, it was dumb as fuck and unneeded.
>Granite Cave is altered so you're forced to backtrack if you want Aron, Mawile, or Sableye
There are maybe like, 1 for every 5 people that would do this.
>Saari zone is made completely pointless since it's the same as any route
What the hell does this mean?
>Mirage tower
Stopped reading right there. There are maybe 5 people on this board right now who have ever gotten that thing to appear.
>Berry blending is removed
Good. The AI didn't know how to blend for shit.
>Game Corner is removed and couldn't implement some minigame
Luck and chance is way worse than being able to time your hits right with a slot machine, and even then, the game corner offered nothing like HGSS in terms of prizes.
>>
>>27617827
This is a shitty list. At this point I'm convinced this is just posted to rule people like >>27618201 up

Also ORAS fags are the most delusional fags out there
>>
>>27617811
You might as well play it if you can use homebrew.

It's not exactly worth 40$ if you don't have too much cash though. The hacks of it are a lot of fun
>>
>>27617811
Better than X and Y imo, so yes.
>>
>>27618201
TDLR of this post. Puzzles and content should be removed. Any other ways to play are also pointless
>>
File: stop.jpg (11KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
11KB, 269x187px
>>27618293
it's a shitty list because it's almost all bait
>there's one part that says Mega Salamence is overpowered
>there are five other Pokemon in Ubers that are megas and from X and Y
>There are 3 new Pokemon in Ubers
>Mentions "why couldn't they do this like they did in HGSS"
>The one thing they complain about, Cosplay Pikachu, is something they did in HGSS, and making an untradeable and untransferable rodent
>no mega flygon
>expecting every goddamn pokemon to get a mega
>mfw

Honestly, OP, go for it. I love ORAS more than X and Y. Lot more post game than just Looker's Quest and more explorative stuff to do. If you're not into that, then there are a bunch more battling things you can do, and It's also the "definitive" edition of Gen 6. As in, it has everything that should've been in X and Y like actual move tutors and you can get all the Mega Stones in this game (albeit, one of them is stupidly hard to get) and the games do offer some challenge as long as you turn off exp share. I will admit it's not good as a remake but it's better than X and Y and better than the originals but not better than Emerald.
>>
>>27618482
>(albeit, one of them is stupidly hard to get)
just starting my AS, which one?
>>
>>27618587
Garchompite. It takes a couple of days even if you play nonstop.
>>
File: d2336.gif (44KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
d2336.gif
44KB, 192x224px
>>27618201
>>Sky pillar's bike challenge is removed
>Thank the fucking lord, it was dumb as fuck and unneeded.
Really? A puzzle needed to access one of if not the strongest mon in the entire game (and series) is unneeded? Your entire post is garbage, fuck you.
>>
I got ruby last month after not playing since gen1

fun game
>>
>>27618587
It depends. You like Mega Lucario? better get serebii on your tabs if you want it because you gotta get all the contest ribbons You like Mega Garchomp? Get online every day and get those flags from bases.1000 of them.
>>
>>27617811
To try to give the most unbiased opinion out there.

It depends on why you liked Emerald. If you loved it because of the Battle Frontier, don't bother because you'll be disappointed. If you loved it because of the region and Pokémon, then they're highly recommended because they're a huge improvement IN THAT RESPECT, and also have all sorts of postgame goodies compared to the original RS (but probably not Emerald) along with tons of non-Hoenn starters and legendaries.
>>
>>27618482

>turn off exp share

jesus it's as if you want to just sit around and grind all fucking day again

fuck that. The new exp share is a godsend. Turning it off doesn't add to the difficulty, it just makes things extremely tedious like in the old days
>>
>>27618621
I guess I should elaborate. In Emerald, it would be necessary since you could get it before ever grande. But in RS I feel that it should've been toned down a notch (I always hated the part where you had to do a quick turn.)
your image also reminded me that i need to get hotel dusk soon. I've been on a puzzle binge lately after finishing all the layton games + PWvPL
>>
I do wish there was a way to get more pokemon in-game

the mirage spots should be expanded
>>
File: 1469907032018.png (187KB, 1008x298px) Image search: [Google]
1469907032018.png
187KB, 1008x298px
play this instead
>>
File: d3395.gif (760KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
d3395.gif
760KB, 576x768px
>>27618686
I still think it was a good addition since I always liked puzzles before very important things and was a big fan of the Regi ones in DPPt.
And yeah Hotel Dusk is great, get that as soon as you can.
>>
>>27618684
>just remembered in my blind Yellow Playthrough that I wanted to catch 50 species to get the exp all
>it gives like a whopping 3 exp to everything and takes forever for it to go away.
>>
File: 1420926753371.png (700KB, 1092x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1420926753371.png
700KB, 1092x1836px
>>27617827
>>
>>27618887
>both games are shit
Retarded picture.
>>
Oras have a new game plus option?
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (611KB, 1092x1248px) Image search: [Google]
hgssvsoras.png
611KB, 1092x1248px
>>27618887
fixed.
>>
>>27618968

fuck no.

Gamefreak doesn't allow cool features from old games to be used in newer games
>>
>>27617811
It's worth a playthrough. It benefits a lot from the improvements since gen 3, like the physical/special split and the DexNav is quite fun.

Of course, it holds your hand a lot more (exp. share, your rival pops up more often to guide you, get Latios/Latias for free etc)
>>
Coming from someone who loved Emerald, Gen 6's flaws show really hard in the 3rd gen remakes. All the enemy trainers are pretty much the same, but considering you can overlevel so easily and have access to much better movesets (TMs and dexnav) and how the AI seems dumber(e.g. if their pokemon is faster and can use a move that will knock out your pokemon, instead of repeating it, they'll use a weaker move or a status effect instead of killing your pokemon off), trying to handycap yourself in ORAS for the sake of a challenge feels like a waste of time.
>>
>>27619130

Masuda said they wanted Gen VI to be able to compete with cellphone games and were afraid of frustrating players and scarring them off.

Which really I can't be mad at Gamefreak for. I can only be upset that he's probably right.

I like Gen VI overall though. They're still fun games, even if better games exist.

ORAS honestly made capturing more fun in my opinion. The Dexnav was great.
>>
>>27618201
I agree with you and all, but
>saying the game is better without optional areas and items
You didn't have to use the GB sounds if you didn't like them.
>>
File: scr_39_TOP_RIGHT.png (31KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
scr_39_TOP_RIGHT.png
31KB, 400x240px
>>27617811
It's worth a playthrough at least

Some things i liked
-Dexnav was a nice addition, i had some fun catching cool pokemon for my team, i think i had like 8 hours clocked when i beat Roxanne
-I loved Mauville revamp and Sea Mauville
-Secret bases were also fun since there are a more things to put in there
-Soaring and the ability to land in routes, not only cities.
-Lots and lots of legendaries
-Battle resort's bike loop, if you're into breeding
-That Wally theme

Though i'm still mad that they didn't bring back the Game Corner since this was the perfect opportunity
>>
>>27617811
No
>>
>>27619198
All they need to do is include a hard mode.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.