[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this fad is dead already At least the original Pokemania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: pokemongo.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pokemongo.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>this fad is dead already
At least the original Pokemania lasted long enough to spark enough interest for another two decades of the franchise. This fizzled out within a month.

Was the Internet Age a mistake?
>>
>>27611119
brazil not having it probably hurt its crossmedia appeal
>>
>>27611119
>cell phone kiddies with short attention spans stop playing a meme game less than a month after launch
News at Eleven
>>
>>27611213
this wasn't just cell phone kiddies and their moms though, this was everyone, their grandma, and their grandma's dog.

I guess the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
>>
>>27611119
Well, when you gut your game's most important feature (Finding Pokemon), you can't expect any longevity.
>>
>>27611119
You can blame the Internet Age
You can blame Niantic not being able to deal with this success ( servers down, various bugs etc.)
For me Go was disappointing for the simple fact that it misses completely the point of Pokémon, starting off your adventure with the companion you choose and see how it gets stronger the more you battle/train it.

Instead, the game consists of grinding exp for your account doing the same shit over and over through a boring and tedious process, you cant "get attached" to a pokemon in your party cause evolve or power up is inconvenient/useless until level 20 i guess ( i am level 14 and i got bored)

Even just +10cp for battle against a wild pokémon would have been enough to trigger my autism.
>>
It lasted longer than miitomo at least.
>>
>>27611119
It's never going to die, whether you like it or not. People might stop talking about, interest might die out, but it'll plateau to a sizable fan base where taking over a gym actually matters and isn't taken over in the next 10m.
>>
>no trading system
>no trainer battle
>excesive grinding
>shitty radar
>butthurt niantic bc people want to fix the game
>le ebin maymays gaem
>normiecore

At least you tried Niantic.
>>
>>27611273
>Servers crash a lot, and we have problems with bots and online maps. How do we fix these?
>Remove being able to play the game.
Surely there was a better way
>>
>>27611309
Pokemon's core engagement is exploring to find monsters to catch, then interacting with others who are up to the same thing.

Pokemon GO nailed it at first, then gutted the former portion from the game.
>>
>>27611119
idk man, I go out every day and see at least another 50 people playing in the areas that I do.

niantic is fucking up and ruining the game tho, and so are spoofers and hackers
>>
>game with almost zero depth
>every update makes it harder to enjoy
>huge battery drain, have to keep screen on for it to even passively work
>rampant cheating to the point gyms are as waste of time for casual players
>long list of expected features that were not included and no hints as to when they might be added if at all
Frankly I'm amazed it got as popular as it did as fast as it did. Once people got over the initial wave of nostalgia and bandwagoning it's receded to something closer to their expectations, and still doing pretty fantastic. They're still making millions of dollars off it. It's not going anywhere. And now they have the cash to really improve it if they can reign in the bots an spoofers.
>>
It's not the swarms playing when it started but it's still popular. People in the small town I live in are still cosmtnatly dripping lures and camping pokestops.
>>
Between the horrible bugs and the shitty leveling system for your Pokemon I knew it wasn't going to last long.
>>
people are still playing here and I live downtown in a major metro area
>>
>>27611119
>>this fad is dead already
They're still playing it.
>>
File: brazil.jpg (305KB, 1306x892px) Image search: [Google]
brazil.jpg
305KB, 1306x892px
>>27611210
>>
>>27611119
>The fad is dead already

To normies? Yes.
To gamers? No.

Pokemon GO is unique because it brings one of the largest media demographic, (gamers) outside and into the real world. Like >>27611422 said, there's still a ridiculous number of people playing. You're just not hearing about it because gamers aren't very active on social media and the like.
>>
I think just because it cooled on the internet doesn't mean there's been a huge drop in players. From what I've seen of others and from personal experience it's still irresistible to bring up the app and check for pokemon whenever you go anywhere.
>>
>>27611563
>To normies? Yes.
>To gamers? No.

Swap it around.
normies are still playing it in literal hordes while the "gamer" types have all left after the scanners went down.
>>
>>27611119
>implying i need something to be popular to play it
>>
>>27611119
I like how butthurt cheaters keep trying to force this meme.

>>27611697
Exactly.
>>
>>27612050
cheaters aren't butthurt, they already got the API again and all the bots and trackers and snipers are up and running and clearly there wasn't much of a banwave if any

its not a meme, the game is really close to losing that "must know about" mass level of appeal. its word of mouth has gone incredibly negative and who knows what the fuck the countries just getting it now with the catch rate "bugs" no special throw xp "bugs" and the no tracker at all "feature" think about the game. they must be so confused or just going straight into cheating
>>
>>27611697

what's actually happening is that the cheaters have killed it for the gamers aka hardcore and as that word of mouth is getting out some of the casuals are wondering why they are playing. also believe that the casuals will wander off if there isn't that core of people who seem really hyped about it which there won't be if the rampant cheating and fucking awful gameplay that has gotten so much worse since release continues
>>
>>27611119
I seem to meet more people playing the game now than I did 3 weeks ago, so idk
>>
>Was the Internet Age a mistake?
No, Niantic was the mistake.
>>
If anything it was an amazing pokemon marketing campaign, all pokemon related products are up in sales, including s/m preorders
>>
>>27611354
Wtf is miitomo?
>>
>>27611391
>shitty radar
What radar, anon?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.