[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this thing really a Tirtouga concept? They really don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (361KB, 808x362px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
361KB, 808x362px
Is this thing really a Tirtouga concept?

They really don't look similar.
>>
>>27611029
You must be either blind or autistic.
But knowing this board it's probably both.
>>
>>27611029
Look up God of War concepts.. Or Last of Us.. Or any other game really. Concepts are just that, concepts. Keep what you like, in this case..

>blue pallet
>framing the eye with the darker blue

Dismiss what you don't

>oversized shell
>green pallet
>>
>>27611058
Only the head shape is really similar. Everything else is different.
Hell, the blue "mask" Tirtouga thing is completely reversed in the concept.

>>27611165
Yeah, I get that. It just looks like a really generic turtle to me, though.I'm glad that Tirtouga looks a lot better but I've always been kinda doubtful that this was a Tirtouga concept.
>>
>>27611029

That turtle design was for Gen II. It might been intended for a fossil Pokemon (Gen II didn't have any fossils), and they reused the idea for a turtle fossil Pokemon in Gen V.

It's not uncommon for game developers to use concepts/ideas that couldn't make it into previous games in later games. Zelda does it all the time.
>>
>>27611223
iirc, in a post BW release interview Sugimori said the idea for Cubchoo had been around since first or second gen and was thrown around every gen after that by the creator but they couldnt convey they idea of an ice-snot bear properly in the game until the sprites were animated.
>>
>>27611258
Never heard of this, do you have the source of this interview?
>>
>>27611258
>>27611223
Yeah, they've said a bunch of concepts for pokemon end up getting used in later generations than when they were first brought to the table.

Shellos was originally meant to be a Hoenn 'mon. I'm glad it wasn't though
>>
>>27611316
Nope, just going off memory. I think it was translated by some guy from Corocoro along with stuff like Dwebble originally being Fire/Bug and the original tank theme for Hydreigon's line
>>
>>27611377
I think sugi said Sawk or maybe Throh was designed for Gen IV and they didnt use it, but then recycled it for Gen V and added the buddy. I think same interview he said Lilligant originally was a 3 stage line but they cut out the middle so it would be a better counterpart to Cottonee
>>
>>27611316

It was from Nintendo Dream

http://pokejungle.net/2011/02/21/pokemon-design-inspirations/

>Petilil and Lilligant were actually slated to have another pokemon in their evolutionary family, but that plan was scrapped. Lilligant is like a pretty daughter who’s always too late.
>>
>>27611558
>Dwebble and Krustle were sort of inspired by kiln-fired pottery

Ohhh, I can see where the bug/fire thing might come from then. Makes sense.

Also I can never understand why the designer got all salty about jellicent's typing, it being water/ghost makes it much better and more unique.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.