[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never said this about any Pokémon before, but are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-Fomantis[1].png (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Fomantis[1].png
39KB, 250x250px
I've never said this about any Pokémon before, but are we all agreed that Fomantis legitimately looks like a Fakémon? Not that I care, Lurantis is still cool as shit
>>
I think the main problem is the art. Sugimori isn't doing most of it anymore so the Pokemon look slightly more like deviantart fakemon.

The only design I'd say outright looks like a shitty fakemon is Bewear. It looks like something that would be a mascot of some Chinese knock off Pokemon series.
>>
>>27609434
I agree. I'd say it's one of several Fakemon-like Pokemon. I've gotten that vibe from certain Pokemon ever since way back in gen 2 before I even knew what Fakemon were. Although that's not to say they looked like shit or anything.
>>
Fomantis is cute but yeah it looks so hastily designed. I wish its leaves and bud had just a little more definition and organic shape. I love the eyes though
>>
>>27609434
>but are we all agreed that Fomantis legitimately looks like a Fakémon?
No, it doesn't have that fakemon style.
>>
>>27609577
I like Fomantis.

It has the Fakemon style.
>>
>>27609434
Sort of. What trips me up is that it's actually a plant mimicking an insect, not the opposite. Once I remember that, it doesn't feel as oddly designed to me.

But yeah, especially those stubby legs and the proportions of the hair and whatnot.
>>
It's on purpose, since its name means faux mantis, i.e. fake mantis. So it's only appropriate that it looks like a faux mon.
>>
File: 1466806175602.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466806175602.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
>>27609434
I don't understand the point of saying a Pokemon looks like a Fakemon, because any non-official Pokemon would be a Fakemon.
>>
>>27609434
now that you mention it i kinda get this vibe too from it
>>
It only does if you don't realize its eyes are the black dots behind the red lens

Yungoos looks the most like a fakemon with its shitty face
>>
>>27609604
>It has the Fakemon style.
Nah, compare it to a fake mon and you'll see it.
>>
All of the 3D models thus far have been fine, but the official artwork has been absolute trash, holy fuck. Literally every time I have a problem with a new design, seeing it actually in the game alleviates any concerns I had.
>>
I didn't like it at first myself
I should like a new Mantis pokemon but Lurantis doesn't do it for me. Maybe you have a point OP
>>
It's probably the only SunMoon Pokémon I don't like.

It's just so overwhelmingly plain, it has nothing special about it, it's pure grass, it's got a bad old ability, it completely and utterly fails to make any sort of mark. Even Lurantis who is a waifumon barely manages to make any impact based on that, but this thing is just....

Bounsweet is in a similar situation, hell, these two cannibalize each others identity with the same pure grass no ability bullshit. But that has a hilarious description on the main site and could evolve into something.
>>
>>27609784
I wish I could tell what specifically the difference is since I've been feeling the same way. I know the artist is different btu that doesn't explain exactly what the difference is that makes the Pokemon feel so flat. The only thing I can think is some kind of difference in the shading.
>>
>>27610495
Lurantis has positive qualities that make it "barley have any impact" than just being a "waifu". Like, there is absolutely nothing plain or uninspired about it. And I've seen actual orchid mantis fakemons, it's one of the most common ideas. Fomantis is very plain though yes, since as far as I can tell the idea is that it's just a bud with bug eyes and the leaves made to look kind of scythe-like like a mantis's forelimbs.
>>
>>27609434
I feel that way for the Grubbin line.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 512x512px
>>27609465
Say it to my face bitch
>>
>>27609434
It's an official pokemon, so it's objectively not a fakemon.
>>
What make something a pokemon or a fakemon despite the fact that one is official and the other one is fanard ? Fomantis is cute so don't trashtalk out it
>>
>>27610774
>it's cute so that means the design is good!

end this meme. Go back to tumblr.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.