[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't the anime crew sick of Ash losing every single region

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: ash pikachu kanto.jpg (98KB, 458x396px) Image search: [Google]
ash pikachu kanto.jpg
98KB, 458x396px
Isn't the anime crew sick of Ash losing every single region league? It's like he travels through every region for eventual disappointment.

There's no reason whatsoever to watch region league episodes because we know how it ends every fucking time.

I know, "if he ever wins a league, the series ends," yada yada yada. They didn't have any problem with him winning non-canon leagues and the Battle Frontier. Who's to say a league win can't be GS Ball 2 and just have him never mention it again?
>>
>>27601995
But the series doesn't end if he wins a league. Its been stated that the league isn't all there is to being a master.
>>
>>27601995
Ash probably had a good shot at Sinnoh league if it wasn't for that modder
>>
>>27602008
>But the series doesn't end if he wins a league.

It's been said multiple times in interviews throughout the years. If he ever wins a region's league, it's done. No more.

>Its been stated that the league isn't all there is to being a master.

Well he's certainly never going to catch all of the fucking Pokemon. He didn't even attempt to catch everything in Kanto, but I think Gary got a majority of them.
>>
>Final League battle for Ash
>Current opening song starts to play, hype MAXED, Pikachu's beginning to tear ass
>Action-packed, cheering for Pikachu to kick them in the fucking teeth
>PIKAAAAAA!
>KO'd out of fucking nowhere by the equivalent of fucking Tackle
>OH WELL, MAYBE NEXT TIME
>>
>>27602025
Would you mind linking an interview where it said winning a league = no more anime that was published within the last 3 years?
>>
>>27602051
>that was published within the last 3 years?
That's ridiculously specific. No.
>>
>>27602058
Then its irrelevant to modern times.
>>
It's a kids' anime.

Ash doesn't learn from it. He doesn't grow from it.

Hell, during the Indigo League he threw a fucking hissy fit over it. As a kid, I was genuinely surprised that he lost. After following his journey for years and expecting something awesome, he finally reached the league and then bam. Lost because Charizard decided to do his best Roseanne impression.
>>
>>27602025
>It's been said multiple times in interviews throughout the years. If he ever wins a region's league, it's done. No more.
Filthy liar.
>>
>>27602051
>>27602066
>>27602077
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+doesn%27t+ash+ever+win+a+pokemon+league
>>
File: 1460640499447.png (21KB, 698x548px) Image search: [Google]
1460640499447.png
21KB, 698x548px
>>27602084

>A whole bunch of forum posts discussing why he doesn't win, and Kotaku articles.
>>
>>27601995
>Isn't the anime crew sick of Ash losing every single region league?

Here's my guess:

Every new season is meant for a new generation of 5 year olds to watch. There is very little to no meaningful continuation between the seasons. You're not expected or supposed to watch more than one season. It's like every new season is a soft reboot for a new group of kids to jump in.
>>
>>27602025
He never wanted to catch them all, you fucking faggot, his motto is "get them" in the original
>>
>>27602319
Kinda ironic considering his name is sort of a corrupted version of "catch 'em"
>>
>>27602333
How exactly is that ironic?
>>
I am quite hopeful we'll finally have Ash win this league and then have him phased out to be replaced with the character that is pretty much the kid in the Japanese Sun and Moon trailers.
A kid who travels overseas and makes new friends because of Pokemon. And they can throw a Pikachu onto his or her team.
>>
>>27602373
His name is meant to be like "catch 'em" yet he doesn't even care about doing exactly that.
Situational Irony 101.
>>
Watch xy then you nigger
>>
>>27602424
But he does "catch 'em" only not all of them
>>
This is why I kind of pity the writers. All the time, they have to bend over and take it from TPCI because in the end, they are a marketing tool and nothing else. People that have no idea how to write are in charge, and that is why things are the way they are. However, thinking about it, I'm not sure how good they are anymore just left to their own devices, since when told to make filler, they never have anything interesting to give us. It's the one thing they could do anything on, and they don't do anything with it. Maybe I'm mistaken on that, and the problem really is their culture. They are steeped in routine, and cannot function without it.

I say this and know that things might change really soon, but it is with the knowledge that in the end, it doesn't really matter and the reset is going to happen regardless. This really hits home the matter that most wish each gen's story would just be self-contained, and there doesn't need to be just one person over and over forever and ever. For some reason, the Japanese like that shit. I cannot fathom it. The matter is, though, if they DID change up the protagonist, then we would STILL see the same things we see now. All because all they ever have are a handful of ideas and the rest is nothing.

Why the big production, then? Why not make something smaller so that you can focus purely on the ideas you have that ARE good? I've seen them do it before, why not for this? Do they really feel like they need this show to run all the time? I guess so, since the instant something becomes popular, it never dies in Japan. You will see it all the time and like it! That just makes me sad, to know that we're not the only ones with corrupt advertising agencies.

I don't know if we could do better, either, since all works that are decent, I can't watch. The fandom ranges from mostly being no better than they are to being skilled enough to write their own fantasy, if they could just remove pokemon from the equation.
>>
>>27602410
>Ash replaced
Lol never
>>
>>27602708
tl;dr: You're not going to get a decent Pokemon story, from anyone. Either stick to your own head or maybe Pokemon was never for you to begin with.
>>
>>27601995
>Isn't the anime crew sick of Ash losing every single region league?
Apparently they are since he's winning the Kalos league in 11 days.
>>
Most people who watch the anime are literally 5-8 years old, don't even play the games
>>
>>27602333
His name in the original is just "Satoshi" so no, it's not ironic.
>>
>>27602775
...and Japanese. I guarantee you American children barely even watch it. It's that show you watch simply because it's on and you're too young to realize that you don't NEED to watch it.
>>
Ash will beat Alain in two weeks
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.