[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Totem Pokemon are said to be fought after "Each Trial".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (147KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 600x334px
Totem Pokemon are said to be fought after "Each Trial".

Which are done by the Trial Captains.

I think this means that every Trial Captain will have their own Totem Pokemon at the end of their trials.

Totem Lurantis and Mallow's(grass type) trial are both taking place in Lush Forest.

If we take this into consideration, this means we have just as much Totem Pokemon as Trial captains, as well as push the fact that there is a Normal Type Trial Captain with Totem Gumshoos
>>
>>27589720
I feel like the Totem Pokémon are wild Pokémon, and the trial captain just kind of knows about it/can talk to it/whatever.
>>
The trailers show Totem Gumshoos initiating the battle personally, possibly Lurantis, too. I don't think they're owned pokemon, much less by the Trial Captains.
>>
The real question is whether or not they can be caught
>>
Totem Pokemon are spirit animals empowered by the island guardians.
There is a trial captain for every type and subsequently a totem Pokemon for every type.
Most of the z-crystals come from these encounters and you build your league from the trial captains you've met.
>>
>>27589772
I doubt it
>>
>>27589772

0% chance of that. It'd be equivalent to catching a Gym Leader's Pokemon, or perhaps more accurately, attempting to catch a Gym Leader.
>>
>>27589720
so, Totem Pokemon can be caught?
I may understand if they have some kinda of protection against regular Poke balls, but what about the master ball?
>>
>>27589806
This honestly sounds like such a cluster fuck of features..
>Trial Leaders
>Totem Pokemon
>Kahunahs
>Build your own league

Feels a little overwhelming and out of the blue, especially for this series. Fuck, can I just go back to having 8 gyms and the Elite 4?
>>
>>27590039
no
>>
>>27590056
>master ball
>failing on wild pokemon
kek
>>
>>27590056
>>27589981
>>27589900

What about the totem Pokémon's partner?
>>
>>27590055
Hey, at least they got rid of HMs in this game.
>>
>>27590055
I think the building the league part is fake. Your goal is to master all the trials.
>>
>>27590055

Fuck you, you wanted change, you're getting change. They'll go back to the standard 8 gyms evil team e4 stuff next gen so they cna make Aloha feel unique.
>>
>>27590087
I forget how doubles captures worked. Was it the same as horde battles and you can only catch the last poke standing?
>>
>>27590093
Im sure you have some proof of this claim, otherwise you'd just be wildly jumping to conclusions
>>
>>27590136
Yes, its the same bullshit
>>
>>27590087
probably could
>>27590136
pheraps something similar to XD
>>
>>27590082
Feel free to give it a shot when the games come out anon, let us know how it goes
>>
>>27590160
Then you have to kill the Totem pokemon first, and if the battle doesn't end when they're defeated because fuck you, then you can catch the other pokemon.
>>
>>27590093
I'm also not a fan of this, and honestly believe that the ride service will either be only in certain areas like an X and Y or be in alternative to the HMs. Seeing as they went through the trouble of making surfing sprites for both Lapras and Sharkpedo, after all.

>>27590107
Still, I feel like in this format there won't be a nice feeling of a major accomplishment at the end if every single island is jampacked with the same amount of objectives.
>>
>>27590055
fuck off, go play the older games then
>>
>>27590198
sure
I will save before
:^)
>>
>>27590213
I think the Ride pokemon are only for using during the trials. If there are still HM obstacles otherwise, then they could still do that. I don't think that's happening this time, I think your obstacles ARE the trials. You can't progress until you clear them.
>>
>>27590110
>/vp/ is one person

I never asked for any of this. And all this does seem like a really cool concept, I just really rather prefer it in a side game like Gale of Darkness.

>>27590215
>fuck you for not liking everything about the game, just don't play it if you're going to have an opinion that doesn't agree!

Nice, I'm obviously going to buy and plany it because let's be honest it's not like any of us are actually not going to buy and play a new Pokémon game. It just kind of leaves a weird taste in my mouth for all these changes to happen so abruptly.
>>
>>27590311
But what about moves like fly and surf that you would need for basic travel? Are you saying they just won't be available at all?
>>
Autism thread, great

You'd see the trial captain if if it was their pokemon
>>
>>27590365
Insufficient data to answer. There's a cave in the back of Melemele that I know can't be reached by anything but Surfing, but I also don't know if there's any way to get down there. I'm unsure if the area is involved with a trial, but it could be. It's the only place I can think of Totem Gumshoos to be. I just don't know. I know there is a ride pokemon on Melemele, but it is not any of the Surfing segments we saw.
>>
>>27590426
>Autism thread
this is /vp/, all threads are autism threads
>>
>>27590634
I have a question, then.

Why do you even entertain the propagation of such stupidity?
>>
>>27589772

Using Cheat codes, They can be capture.

Like Cubone Mom.
>>
>>27590039
If Ghetsis was able to make a device that jams Pokeballs, then I'm sure that whatever aura empowers totem Pokemon will also disable Pokeballs thrown at them and their allies
>>
Post tracks from other games that you think could fit the Totem Battles.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6AWATf4TWU
>>
>>27589754
I think they guard the Z crystals and the trial captains are like their guardians or whatever.
>>
>>27591791
There is proof. The totem pole behind Gumshoos has the Z ring symbol on it. I didn't save the pic, though.
>>
>>27590857
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFsSmoH9lxY

Alternate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fsy51iyQn8
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.