[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were GF smoking when they made Prankster? In what universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-642Thundurus.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-642Thundurus.png
51KB, 250x250px
What were GF smoking when they made Prankster? In what universe is this a balanced ability?

>Literally how far ahead you are it doesn't matter I will turn your advantage into a 50/50 with a Prankster Confuse Ray or shut down your buffed up sweeper with this Priority Thunder Wave

Disgusting.
>>
I hate all the genie mons. They look dumb as fuck and I refuse to use them which means I lose most battles and I get mad over it.
>>
>Talonflame used Brave Bird
Oh look, most Pranksters are dead right there.
I think you mean to say that genies are broken af
>>
>>27589682
Prankster isn't broken

Genies are

They all should have gotten pressure or something
>>
>>27589682
chill bro, it's a prank
>>
>>27589682
Game freak makes these broken abilities and gives them to shitty Pokemon like unaware on Bidoof to make people use them but then they decide to give them to really good Pokemon like Clefable
>>
>>27589695
>>27589722
Thundurus would literally be Zapdos tier without Prankster. Think about that for a moment.
>>
>>27589702
>electric type
>bravebird
>>
Pokemon isn't a balanced game, it was never intended to be, and chances are it never will be

And that's fine
>>
>>27589695
same
>>
>>27589736
Clefable isn't good without magic guard/unaware. It just becomes a shitty sylveon/florges.

I do agree that the genies don't deserve what they have though.

>>27589759
It would still be good. Good speed tier with nasty plot.

Landorus-t without intimidate would be decent, but not at the 33% it's at right now.

Tornadus-t is now shitter than m-pidgeot, but that's okay.
>>
That's ok because dazzling exists now desu.
>>
>>27589797
This.
It's a game geared towards children.
>>
>>27589797
>>27589849
Yes, and there is also a competitive aspect to the game, and a lot of people would appreciate if they at least tried to balance their damn game.
>>
>>27589759
zapdos is fucking bomb
also Mixed/Physical Defiant sets and Thundurus-T exist desu. Hammer Arm and Superpower are more reliable ways to drop Tyranitar and Chansey, for example
>>
>>27589808
Yeah, you are right. The genies would be good with a shittier ability. Just looking at what Pokemon get Prankster, most of them suck and would never see play without it. Sableye for example, without Prankster he is trash. But with Prankster, 50 % of the time he is really damn good. Maybe there is a problem with status effects, Confusion and Paralysis is a lot more powerful than Poison for example..
>>
>>27589888
Competitive is an afterthought in terms of their game design priority
>>
>>27589926
Yep, yet game freak decides to saddle legendary pokemon that are given fantastic typing, stats and movepools, amazing abilities on top of that. And these are pokemon that are completely playable in standard formats created by GF themselves. Hell, you can use them in battle facilities too.
>>
>>27589970
Ya, I don't get it. I mean, I get that they want to make Legendaries feel powerful, because after all, they're Legendaries, they're supposed to be strong. But they gotta find the sweet spot and not overdo it.
>>
>>27589970
Nita uses the three genies. And she uses them bad.

I guess that's the train of thought of Game Freak; remember that Morimoto, a guy that's praised for being the director of HGSS, the battle director in most games, was surprised that people used Special Aegislash.
"You can burn and Taunt Aegislash through King's Shield, so both the Pokémon and its signature move are totally balanced!"
>>
>>27590025
Kek how stupid is he
Hell, I'd argue special aegislash is the better option
>>
>>27589682

In an universe with Quick Guard and where people need more options to counter a Dark Void Smeargle.
>>
>>27589682
>yfw next gen gives us a Seismic Press ground-type attack that deals SE against Flying types.
>>
>>27590003
They never will. They have to powercreep and churn out flashier legendaries every generation to keep the interest of young children.
>>
>>27589759
Thundurus would be a worse raikou, at least zapdos is somewhat bulky
>>
>>27591306
I think they already hit the flashy pokemon wall when they made god a pokemon
>>
yeah but nothing too strong gets prankster so it's ok with me??
>>
Non-competitivefag here. What does prankster do ans how is bad?
>>
>>27589695
On the opposite end, I really like all the genies. Therian forms really make ther designs more unique except Tornadus-T just looks weird.
>>
File: iktf darren.jpg (32KB, 498x375px) Image search: [Google]
iktf darren.jpg
32KB, 498x375px
>>27591347
That's optimistic.
I meant flashy in terms of stats, broken abilities, mega/primal/z/deepfried forms, etc.
>>
>>27590585
that's not going to happen
plus we already have thousand arrows you chucklefuck
>>
>>27591351
Any move that doesn't deal direct damage has +1 priority. You can do shit like Thunder Wave, Swords Dance, or even Taunt and be guaranteed to go first unless the opponent also uses priority.
>>
Prankster should come with an Accuracy Debuff for Status Attacks

Gale Wings should come with a Damage Debuff for Flying Attacks

Bam, the Gamefreak of Balance fixes everything
>>
>>27591558
no
>>
>>27591639
Yes.

It's the only way to balance abilities that can literally give Pokemon such an unfair advantage no matter the situation
>>
>>27589815
It's on one Water-type likely shitmon
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.