[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new report claims the Nintendo NX will receive new Mario and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 4

File: 4aug2016_rumor2.png (143KB, 683x448px) Image search: [Google]
4aug2016_rumor2.png
143KB, 683x448px
A new report claims the Nintendo NX will receive new Mario and Pokemon games, alongside The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild within six months of the console's March 2017 launch.

Gamefreak is working on next Pokemon game for NX . Gamefreak is always work for main series Pokemon game .

Pokemon Gen 8 confirm for NX in 2017
>>
More likely that we see the third/premium game on the NX than anything else, not even waiting a year seems like a dick move, then again, nintendo did nuke the ds/wii wifi like 8 months after black/white2 came out.
>>
Probably a Gen 1 remake, Lightning Yellow
>>
NX will have a Pokémon launch title on par with the DS's Pokémon launch title.
>>
Pokemon Z. Generation VII game for NX sequel to Kalos.
>>
>>27581943

My cynical side says it will be something on par with Pokemon Rumble.
>>
It's probably only going to have the same amount of new Pokemon as x and y. But seriously.... HD pokemon
>>
Pokken for NX
>>
>>27581943
A Pokemon gen lasting literally less than a year? What would be the purpose?
>>
I was already thinking of getting an NX for BotW, but now I definitely am getting one. Assuming the game isn't something bullshit spin off.
>>
>>27581943
>implying it's not snap 2/stadium 3
>>
>>27582015
stadium 3 already exists though, and snap is actually really likely with how much people are enjoying pokemon go.
>>
People here seem to be forgetting Gamefreak is making the game. They don't make spinoffs.
>>
>>27581986
>>27581997
>>27582015
It's Gamefreak, they don't do spinoffs
>>
fucking DPP remake when?!

when the games originally launched I was too young to catch the meta wave, it feels good to spend money on a part of my childhood as a poor pokefan that I missed out on, from crystal up until B/W, but also get to enjoy updated tools for post-game antics that didn't exist in the originals.

Copped HGSS a couple years ago, got it stolen, and since have gotten another copy of SS but lets face it, the servers are dead, not to mention the online capabilities aren't on part with where ORAS is right now, which I'm currently playing through, taking my time with too that way when I get to the end and find its ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I've still gotten my enjoyment out of it as a timesink hobby
>>
>>27582030

Or Gamefreak were originally planning some side title like Drill Dozer or HarmoKnight, but Nintendo forced them to give it a Pokémon reskin
>>
Gen 8 will come out on the NX in 2017. There are no other Gen 7 games outside of SM.
>>
>>27581943
I would buy NX for a mainline Pokemon game on console. Especially if they add multiplayer capability and make it more like a Pokemon MMO that has been asked on for years.

But it'll probably be some new Coliseum or Snap or Rumble title.
>>
>>27582055
Milking an IP after they made Splatoon and wants Aonuma to make a new IP where you play as a thief? Sure, Pokemon is a cash cow, but they seem to want to expand on other IP's at the moment.
>>
>>27581996
that would definitely explain why S&M and GO were merely shallow "booster shots" to keep our interests in this old ass franchise...

>cellphone app deal to keep Wintendo relevant in the face of the ever looming mobile gaming industry
>app turns out to be absolute trash when stripped of its Pokemon nostalgia
>Sun and Moon to launch in 2016
>not very many new pokemon, mostly rehashes of originals with Alolan formes
>Removal of Gyms, ignoring the long running quest "To be the very best", suggesting that S&M is nothing more than our long awaited Orange League installment

It actually makes sense for them to cash in one last time on Pokemon Hype for 3DS by selling what would essentially be considered a patch update in any other game for the cost of a whole game because collectible box and cartridge(before they do away with cartridges altogether).

Curiouser and curiouser...
>>
>>27581996

Gamefreak is already break old tradition Pokemon game by XY didn't get any sequal .

Why gen 8 at 2017 , The purpose is Nintendo is hoping to avoid the slow start of its previous two consoles like Wii U and 3DS.
>>
File: wes michael rui.jpg (8KB, 233x217px) Image search: [Google]
wes michael rui.jpg
8KB, 233x217px
What about an Orre game?
>>
>>27582130
>>not very many new pokemon, mostly rehashes of originals with Alolan formes
We've literally seen 3 Alolan forms, we have over 40 Alola pokemon revealed so far, it's loike you want the games to suck
>>
>nintendo machine will have mario games

HOLY SHIT WHAT A SCOOP
NO FUCKING WAY, MARIO? THE LONG FORGOTTEN GEM OF THE 80s?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>27581943
So, seeing as its a console, and thus bigger than a handheld, what if its the long asked for "multi region" game?

>Start in Kanto
>Later gain access to Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, etc.
>>
>>27581943
>A new report
Who reported that anon?
>>
>rumors upon rumors upon rumors with nothing to actually substantiate them

Call me when Nintendo actually shows the system off and has games to show
>>
Its Stadium 3 you mongs
>>
More like S/M will just be playable on the NX since it'll be a console/handheld hybrid.
>>
>>27582139
Now I can only wonder how the anime will handle this. Orance Archipelago League 2.0? If the leaks are to be believed, green haired girl will be forgotten just like Tracey.
>>
>Square Enix
TWEWY 2 when?
>>
>HD Sinnoh remakes
>Distortion World in HD 3D
>Fully Orchestrated Cynthia theme
>Fully Orchestrated Mt. Coronet theme
>>
>>27582130
Why do people do this? Even ironically? Why do people shit in things they like? Is it really that bad to get excited for something? To see something a little better than shit, especially without it even being released yet?

Holy shit guys. Enjoy things.
>>
>>27582130
>not very new Pokemon
Are you seriously judging the amount before we even know how many there are?
>>
>>27582229

Leaks confirmed there's only a few more than XY.
>>
>>27582222
Because they're bitter ass adults like 90% of people.
>>
>>27582203
Or it'd have a slightly prettier port. Or the author is an idiot who doesn't know that Game Freak doesn't make every Pokemon game. Or this rumor is full of shit.
>>
>>27582209
Not yet. We need the gen 8 games first
>>
>>27582206
Just after Chrono Break is released.
I'm still waiting
>>
>>27582239
And how many would that be?
>>
>>27582259
Not him but X/Y had 71 if I recall. We're already almost at that with S/M including the evos and legendaries and stuff we haven't seen.
>>
>>27581943
>Pokemon Gen 8 confirm for NX in 2017
Source.
>>
>>27582288
If it's true, Gamefreak really needs to stop adding forms and megas to the amount of "new" mons. Those things should be added as a bonus.
>>
>>27582288
Gen 2 added 100, if we get "a little more than X/Y" that'll put us close to the 100 that everybody was happy with back then. With Alolan forms, the four different bird forms as well as any more forms like them, and (possibly) new megas I'd say this gen is shaping up to be okay.
>>
>>27582328
but they take the same work as making new mons.
>>
File: computerwat.jpg (40KB, 680x848px) Image search: [Google]
computerwat.jpg
40KB, 680x848px
>>27582174
>>27582222
>>27582229

Not going to lie, I've been here since day one, and as much as I love me some new Mons, I can't help but get ready to be disappointed by the realism of the situation.

>less than one year in between S&M release and the NX, which is also getting """a""" pokemon game
>Alolan forms, although unique and interesting ways to go about rehashing, is still just that, rehashing
>No definite dex number yet, but from what we've seen so far GF is running out of ideas for 'new' mon

I'm stoked as hell for S&M, and plan to make it my first pre-order game that I can play from launch, as I don't care much about any other title enough to let it affect my life in that way, but Pokemon is something I've always been behind on because of money, or just being out of the loop

But now, thanks to /vp/ I can shoot the shit and partake in the hype with strangers and speculate the direction one of my favorite companies overall is taking its product.

Sorry if my realism triggered you're fears, but all in all it was only a part of analyzing the "two mainline games less than 12 months apart" meme

It would make sense for GF to not waste the resources they'll need for a later, more crucial release on an entirely new platform on a guaranteed day one buy for most people because dank memes.

Like I said, it would explain why they TPC sold the rights to the first 151 to Niantic, despite Niantic not necessarily being the best programmers in the industry right now. Above all else Pokemon Go and the 20th Anniversary hype going on right now have gotten people excited about Pokemon again. Excited enough to drop some dosh on a new mainline game that, while refreshing, isn't as deep as the other mainline games to be released on that same platform(DS/3DS), for the sole purpose of content = $$$ and the more $$$ being spent on one of the last mainline games for the current platform = less money that can be invested on the following release on a brand new console...
>>
>>27582345
>Realism
No anon, it's just stupidity.
>>
>>27582345
>This post

I really need someone to argue with you right now. I didn't even think about most of this, and I really don't want to hear it. I hope that NX comes out with an above average price to milk the new console hype, then drops in price 8-10 months later when the new Pokemon game comes out.
I feel like I phrased that last part wrong. What I mean is:
Sun and Moon is released
12 months layer NX is released
8-10 months later NX drops in price as a new Pokemon game is released, allowing for 20-22 months of work on the game rather than 12+however long they've been working on it.

I assume that we're all not so autistic that we realize SM has been done for a while and that they're not still working on it until days before release.
>>
>>27582414
Just wait until your tranny seal and autistic ass owl get dropped for less interesting things, youngster

I remember my first major release let down..
>>
>>27581943
>no source
Fake until proven real.

It's just speculation.
>>
>>27582046
Literally never.
They're have the least amount of fans of all the games and are still up to date.
>>
>>27581943
Stadium NX with 3DS Tower to play 3ds games the big screen.
>>
>>27582071
>like a Pokemon MMO that has been asked on for years
No one asked for this
>>
>>27582418
>I assume that we're all not so autistic that we realize SM has been done for a while and that they're not still working on it until days before release.
Agreed

Look, I don't like thinking about business models, markets, and capitalism either, but when it affects the gaming industry and the quality of my hobby, I kinda have to understand how to best stretch my dollar and avoid getting boned by fiscal trends
>>
>>27582475
Mostly because online pokemon games have existed for years and years and years.
>>
>>27582345
>TPC sold the rights to the first 151 to Niantic

do you even know what you're saying
>>
>>27582345
Wasn't bw2 released for ds after 3ds's release? I don't think gf gives a shit
>>
>>27582425
Just stop posting anon
>>
>>27582543
More than a year after. BW1 hit in the west the same month as the 3DS too.
>>
>>27582536
that's not what happened?

can someone explain to me, then, how a piece of shit company like Niantic, got their hands on the rights to use the first 151 pokemon trademark characters?
>>
>>27582594
Nintendo, Gamefreak, and TPCi let them use them. Did you think GF sold the trademarks to Genius Sonority too?
>>
>>27582594
Pretty sure "sold the rights" implies they now own the rights to those characters and TPC would have to ask them for permission to use those characters, like if Nintendo decided they need cash so they sold the rights to Donkey Kong to Microsoft and Microsoft now owns the rights to everything Donkey Kong.

Niantic was licensed on to make the game for TPC. They don't own shit other than the software itself, and even then it's shared ownership.
>>
>>27582594
Not them.
It was licensed out. Like every other spin off, they offer the rights to use those pokemon for the duration of that contract, dependent on the terms of the contract which isn't available to me, so I can't say how strict it is but i'd imagine it was similar to the other spinoff games, that is: full use of pokemon namesakes and visages, no access to combat system, no use of other more core features.

That's how licensing between game IPs generally works. It's how it worked with, as an example, doctor robotnik's mean bean machine. It was basically just a port, so instead of sega making their own puyo pop clone, they licensed out the sonic character's visages, and asked for a puyo pop game, and then we got mean bean machine.

there's no "sale" going on, it's one comapny paying another company to do work.
>>
>>27582626
>>27582636
like I said, I'm not a copyright lawyer nor am I familiar with copyright law.

by my own ignorance of such matters I would consider "sold the rights" and "temporary leasing of branded characters" the same fucking thing.

>Niantic was licensed on to make the game for TPC.
Which would mean TPC sought out Niantic, despite the flaming pile that Ingress was and contracted their making GO? Just trying to make sure I'm picking up what you're putting down here...
>>
>>27582670
>by my own ignorance of such matters I would consider "sold the rights" and "temporary leasing of branded characters" the same fucking thing.

Well, maybe you should go figure out what things mean before posting.
>>
>>27582670
Yes, they sought out Niantic to make it, because the CEO of TPC fucking loved Ingress and wanted that but with Pokemon.
>>
>>27582342
I'll have to disagree on that. They're still using the base but giving it a new flair. It might take half the work if even that.
>>
>>27582670
>by my own ignorance of such matters I would consider "sold the rights" and "temporary leasing of branded characters" the same fucking thing.
Then you maybe you should educate yourself before acting like a jackass
>>
>>27582032
But Gamefreak staff has advised and worked on spinoff projects before.
>>
>buying NX on launch
No thank's. I ain't risking having a nogames nachine.
>>
>>27582738
>Then you maybe you should educate yourself before acting like a jackass
Nigga, I am recreationally posting in a thread about pokemon on a vietnamese sewing site at 4 in the morning

You need to eat something and take a nap whitchole cranky ass
>>
>>27582777
Nice trips m8 but you gotta realize that selling the rights to something means that they are giving them full control over the rights for an fee and afterwards, the property is owned by the buyer. You don't need to know copyright law, you just need to use common sense.
>>
>>27582777
If you can't handle being treated like a retard, then to don't go around being retarded
>>
>>27582518
Mostly because it's a bad idea.
>>
>>27582965
the shitty unlicensed games making thousands of dollars a day say otherwise, but sure.
>>
>>27582032
Which is enough evidence to know the 'rumors' are fake.
>>
>>27581943
Probably just a Sun/Moon enhanced release
>>
>>27582345
Thanks for the moronic blog.
>>
>>27582239
Leaks confirm my ass is consuming your face
>>
>>27581943
>SM port
>Dash 2
>Battle Revolution NX
Pick your poison
Gen 8 isn't happening
>>
>>27582345
This post gave me cancer
>>
>>27581973
>Another boring Kanto remake

I'd rather just have Z or a game similar to Colosseum and Gale of Darkness.
>>
>>27582248
gen 2 has a gen 1 remake (kinda)
gen 4 has the gen 2 remakes
gen 6 has the gen 3 remakes

I believe this anon is right
>>
y'all bitches are nuts, it's painfully obvious that is going to be a S/M port for NX. Even if they're just ports, launching NX with Pokemon and Zelda must be a powerful idea for them, especially if the NX really turns out to be the euroshill rumors' one
>>
>>27582984
You don't believe that do you?
The instant they start making money they get C&D.
All of the games you see aren't making a penny and even if they did they lack the players to do so.
>>
>>27581943
The Gamefreak part could entirely be bullshit.. I'd assume it'll be a fleshed out Pokken since the Wii U one feels like the skeleton of a full game - plus, looking at Pokemon Stadium, it's not like they've never done something like that before.
Otherwise, if the NX is both handheld and home console, I could maybe see a long overdue Gen1 sequel with cities and towns (and therefore Pokemon) that the original protag never visited or the XY sequel that's been set up... Or something like Detective Pikachu: Requiem
>>
Forget about Pokken or any other Stadium etc title if its true that Gamefreak is developing the game.
>>
>>27581943
>Gamefreak is working
Bullshit, dropped.
>>
>>27582046
There's no point in remaking Gen 4 - Platinum is pretty much the best game in the series and it plays just as well now as it did then.
Remakes are horrible, anyway. Pokemon has been formulaic as fuck and you essentially do the same thing every time anyway, so doing literally the same thing again is the worst. Just play the original one if you want it. Sequels have loads of potential though.
>>
It will be called something like Pikachus magic adventure battle tournament and be a collection of family friendly mini games. Or puzzles or some shit.

Dont lie to yourself thats its a main series title. It will just cause you pain later on.
>>
>>27581943
>Report
Wasn't this a rumor

>>27581973
There are a lot of things Pokemon could do for a 20th Anniversary to commemorate its history on an HD console/handheld hybrid and this is the worst idea to kick it off with.

>>27581992
This idea works too.

>>27583409
I wouldn't mind this if Sun/Moon was EVERYTHING I hoped for.
>>
>>27581943
Sequel/third version

D/P remake

Spinoff.

Those are the only possible things to come since they specifically state gamefreak.

No other speculation is possible or needed.
>>
Z Episode
>>
>>27582186
But that would mean Nintendo actually listened to its fans.
If that were actually a thing, NX would sell like hotcakes. I never understand why Nintendo keeps doing retarded spinoffs and doesn't just make one really good home console Pokemon.
>>
>>27582345
Alolan forms are a great idea and from what we've seen so far there are still going to be a generous amount of new Pokemon. Gens usually add 80-100. That's what we're getting from every leak so far.
I'm not that upset about Gyms being thrown out, sounds like Island bosses and totems will be replacements, it's the same shit in a different way.
This will be a good game that I will enjoy regardless of whether or not there's a new Pokemon on the NX. I hope there is one, and that it brings us to multiple regions, or introduces more Gen 7's in a region that's different from Hawaii.
>>
>>27581943
Wait, so if Gen 8 is coming out next year, then what was the fucking point of Sun and Moon? We could've just had a Z version to end Gen 6 and have Gen 7 start on the NX in 2017.
>>
>>27587148
There's like, a 90% chance Alola has 109 new Pokemon, 102 of which are non-legendary (Magearna, Box trio, and then another mystery trio occupying #106-108
>>
>>27582186
That will never happen
>>
>>27587170

the point for Sun Moon is...to celebrate 20th anniversary with new main game

the point for Gen 8 on NX within six months NX launch is... new main game for new console and Nintendo is hoping to avoid the slow start of its previous two consoles like Wii U and 3DS.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.